Quantcast

2012 NFL Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

sco17

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season. There are more subplots than I can ever recall in a single season.

First I think everyone is curious to see how Peyton Manning does in Denver and I hope he can still play at a high level. I'm equally anxious to see what happens with Tebow who I do not want on my Jets (because a QB with a completion percentage in the 40's is not cutting it) but will root for anyway. The situation in New Orleans is a mess but I hope for the sake of Drew Brees and the people in that city who have been through so much that they still have a good year. Then of course there's Andrew Luck and RG3 and how they'll develop. I think Luck will be under quite a bit of pressure replacing a legend but hopefully he lives up to expectations.

As far as my Jets go, I'm pretty optimistic about this year. I think getting away from Brian Schottenheimer's joke of a system (the man once put a 5 wr set on the field on 3rd and 8 and every route was a 6 yard button hook)will do Mark Sanchez the world of good. I love Stephen Hill, the WR out of Georgia Tech who we took in round 2 of the draft. I think he's going to give Mark the kind of big target we need to add another dimension to our offense and he will help Holmes and Keller too by keeping safeties honest and opening up the short to intermediate routes. Plus he seems to be a hard worker and have a good head on his shoulders. I think he gets what being a professional is and we need more of that in the Jets locker room. Our first round pick Coples seems like he has all the physical tools to be a nice DE for him but there have been some concerns about work ethic and effort which I hate. I'm hoping he fulfills his potential though and we get back to having a dominant defense. It's definitely going to be an exciting season for sure.

daddyoh70

DYELB?
And in football news, the entire Eagles 90 man roster is unable to play due to injuries. EVERY F@(%ING YEAR!!! :mad: WTF?

KHayes666

Go away
Barring injury, the Patriots are your Superbowl champions. They're too loaded on offense and they FINALLY addressed their defensive woes.

Nothing short of injury can stop them.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
You know, kind of morbid, but the story with the Eagles has me a little intrigued. Didn't the Colts finally win the SuperBowl in the same season Tony Dungy's son died? Philly has kind of been on the cusp for a while now. It would be a weird sort of coincidence if they suddenly got in gear at this point.

willowmoon

Don't Panic!
You know, kind of morbid, but the story with the Eagles has me a little intrigued. Didn't the Colts finally win the SuperBowl in the same season Tony Dungy's son died? Philly has kind of been on the cusp for a while now. It would be a weird sort of coincidence if they suddenly got in gear at this point.
It might be a bit of a rallying cry, and I thought the Eagles would be much improved this year even before this tragedy, so it's definitely a possibility that they'll exceed most people's expectations. But I wouldn't go as far as saying they'll win a Super Bowl at this point.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
It's got to be tough to be one of his subordinates as he's having all of these "Senior-Moments."

NoWayOut

Through two preseason games, the Cardinals look like a disaster. We have no quarterback. With any luck, my American soccer team will make a playoff run and I won't have to be concerned with the Cardinals until December.

bbwbud

As a Pats fan, Giants - Cowboys is kind of like the Iran-Iraq war to me. You wish there was a way both sides could lose. But after the horrific Red Sox season, I am looking forward to football...

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
Old Spanky...."HA, Giants lose. They suck. Goin' nowheres! LOL."

New Spanky...."Damn, Giants are gonna try to go 7-8-1 on the season, let the Eagles rip 'em up at home AND away, still sneak into the playoffs as a #33 seed and defeat the University of South Carolina for their 5th Superbowl."

sorry. Ain't drinkin the koolaid anymore. Tom Coughlin IS the Emperor from Star Wars AND can do that electrical lightning thingy with his hands late in the season to wake the team up. :D

ps/ still nice that the Iggles are NOT in last place. <old spanky>

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Old Spanky...."HA, Giants lose. They suck. Goin' nowheres! LOL."

New Spanky...."Damn, Giants are gonna try to go 7-8-1 on the season, let the Eagles rip 'em up at home AND away, still sneak into the playoffs as a #33 seed and defeat the University of South Carolina for their 5th Superbowl."

sorry. Ain't drinkin the koolaid anymore. Tom Coughlin IS the Emperor from Star Wars AND can do that electrical lightning thingy with his hands late in the season to wake the team up. :D

ps/ still nice that the Iggles are NOT in last place. <old spanky>
Old Spanky welcome back... here's something to warm your heart....
Tom will still be loved in this town - can the same be said for Dandy Andy if he doesn't deliver this season...

Now what type of season Dandy has may determine the type of 'gut' check he gets....

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Of course the New Spanky after downing a gallon of pickle juice will be dreaming of Dandy doing his SB Dance...

NancyGirl74

Not funny...The Giants losing to the Cowgirls.

Funny...Tony's little gif there ^^^. I'm sorry but that's a hoot and a half.

J34

Purple Monkey Dishwasher!
My Jets win 48-28. Pretty happy about the win, finally can shut up all those analysts who kept shoving that Tim Tebow and quarterback controversy all offseason. It looks like this team is Sanchez's for the time being. Big game against the Steelers next week. :)

Latest posts