2012 NFL Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dansinfool

Are we their yet!
Well, it is over. Replacement officials are gone! NFL has reached an agreement with the regular refs.

Thank God...... I was just submitting my application to apply as a Ref LOL.
Not that the regular refs don't make misatakes. This officiating was a complete joke. I understand that it does take some time to understand the complete rule book and the game is fast paced, but the Geenbay game took the cake.
Hopefully all will go back to normal for the NFL and the future games.

Play on and.... GO GIANTS! on Sunday :)

indy500tchr

I finally found the thread!!!!

GO BEARS

So far so good.....
Was nice to see them school the Colts. Shut up all my co-workers and students for that week.
Cutler still needs to remember that when playing at Lambeau he plays for the BEARS.
I miss my Matt Forte :(

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Checking in on how Andy is feeling right about now.

[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure Andy is feeling well Dandy- that was a very close game and will make for a heck of a rematch and of course a bet!!!!!!!!!

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
Well I'm sure Andy is feeling well Dandy- that was a very close game and will make for a heck of a rematch and of course a bet!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tony, I called a timeout before you posted this above.

So, actually, I am putting you on ice. In 30 seconds or more, you can try re-posting something a little bit better.......by about 10 feet. :D
---------------------------

The omen is again not good here for the Iggles and good for the Jints. Eagles have owned the Giants going back YEARS now. The same years they have won two Superbowls. So just like in Star Wars, "IT'S A TRAP". Emperor Coffin's plans have come together exactly as he has foreseen.

<mumble, grumble, effin jints, grumble, grumble>:mad:

willowmoon

Don't Panic!
The three teams that I like: Giants, Panthers, & Chiefs .... well all of them lost. That Cam Newton fumble was a heartbreaker ... just when I thought they were gonna beat the Falcons ... and he actually had a decent game otherwise.

*le sigh*

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
I think NBC stands for "New York Giants" Broadcasting Corp. When Costas showed up wearing obviously Giants colors and then explained that it was purely coincidental, I thought, "okay, no biggie".

Then you get your typical Michaels/Collingsworth blather finding fault everywhere with the Eagles and swooning over Eli and the Giants, which is par for the course. When the Eagles play the Taliban expansion team in 2016, Collingsworth will try to explain why the Eagles are getting away with murder on the poor Taliban wide receivers.

But the icing on the cake, which undeniably proves the NY bias that permeates Sunday night football like piss stink in a NY subway station is the SALSA MUSIC they played while Victor Cruz was doing his touchdown dance in the endzone.

REALLY? Helpin a guy out like that? You gotta be kidding me. You heard that too, right? Has that ever happened before on a NFL broadcast? Playing a song (obviously knowing the dance he does and having it ready) while one team's player is dancing in the endzone?

I hate NBC. :mad:

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
I think NBC stands for "New York Giants" Broadcasting Corp. When Costas showed up wearing obviously Giants colors and then explained that it was purely coincidental, I thought, "okay, no biggie".

Then you get your typical Michaels/Collingsworth blather finding fault everywhere with the Eagles and swooning over Eli and the Giants, which is par for the course. When the Eagles play the Taliban expansion team in 2016, Collingsworth will try to explain why the Eagles are getting away with murder on the poor Taliban wide receivers.

But the icing on the cake, which undeniably proves the NY bias that permeates Sunday night football like piss stink in a NY subway station is the SALSA MUSIC they played while Victor Cruz was doing his touchdown dance in the endzone.
That was true respect being shown to the Philly fans...

in case you missed the dance- this one is for you Spanks... you were dancing in the living room ... own up to it ... probably threw a few cheesesteaks on the floor

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
That was true respect being shown to the Philly fans...

in case you missed the dance- this one is for you Spanks... you were dancing in the living room ... own up to it ... probably threw a few cheesesteaks on the floor
Sorry, Tony. It just doesn't trip my rage trigger if there is no music to back that dance up :D. Call NBC and they can post the dance with music. Dancing is fine. It was a good clean touchdown. But having NBC add music is....well......showing a wee bit of bias?

As repayment, I asked NBC that DeSean Jackson get a Rocky theme played on the television for all of the NYG fans watching the game in week 17 while he is dancing around the end zone.

And where is Nancy?

pickle juice! where's my pickle juice! I left it around here somewheres......

4themind

As an eagles fan, I am indeed glad that they won on Sunday, but I can't help but shake the feeling that Andy will abandon what helped in this game (staying with the running game and having a more balanced attack). Additionally, they will be playing the Steelers next week, and they will certainly fearful of how our O-line, and by extension, Vick, will hold up to the pressure that Pitt's defense can bring

GTAFA

As an eagles fan, I am indeed glad that they won on Sunday, but I can't help but shake the feeling that Andy will abandon what helped in this game (staying with the running game and having a more balanced attack). Additionally, they will be playing the Steelers next week, and they will certainly fearful of how our O-line, and by extension, Vick, will hold up to the pressure that Pitt's defense can bring
Eagles looked good, but one thing worries me, namely Vick's health. How will he be looking come December? if he's limping already (i think i saw that on one play), it's hard to imagine them going far. I will be much happier too with a balanced attack, because that's healthier for Mr Vick.

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
Y'know, the Saints are playing pretty... well, lousy this season. But I will still root for them because that's my team. I've been a Saints fan for a long time, and just because they aren't playing to their potential, I won't abandon them. I still have faith in dem boys.

Just Saiyan.

indy500tchr

Y'know, the Saints are playing pretty... well, lousy this season. But I will still root for them because that's my team. I've been a Saints fan for a long time, and just because they aren't playing to their potential, I won't abandon them. I still have faith in dem boys.

Just Saiyan.
That's what I told myself throughout the late 80's and early 90's when my Bears seemed to humiliate themselves every time they walked onto the field. It got better after 12 or so years ;)

Spanky

Freakishly Normal
I can appreciate the issue with Vick. If the Eagles are in first place late in the season and he goes down, it will further depress fans suffering through decades of lost seasons.

On the other hand, we have gotten used to the fact that 50% completions, 50 yards of rushing and a few turnovers are a good outing for Vick. He will always show flashes of brilliance followed by bouts of below-average-ness. God if McNabb in his prime had the receiving corps and Shady in the backfield.

McCoy is the best all-purpose RB in the league. Shades of Westbrook. He is a better hard runner than Westbrook with the same great hands. Loved the way he took apart the Giants in the second half. The NFC East games that I remember most are the division games where one team dominates their running game over the other team. FG miss one two or ten. The Eagles gained 150 yards rushing to the Giants 49. Shady had 125 himself against the best front four in the universe (according to the universe = NYC).

Note to Giants fans: Shady runs REALLY well up in the Meadowlands. Make sure you come out to see him. :D

Latest posts