2018 Singles party (Single Dimmers Meet and Greet)

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by DragonFly, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 23, 2018 #1

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

It was suggested that we start a new up to dat meeting space for the singles on Dimensions. Where Dimensions isn’t a dating site, it is good to have a place to celebrate or to commiserate about the single life. We have the special features of either being fatties, liking fatties or any combination of the two. Please take a minute to introduce yourself, and let’s get a good conversation started.

CarmellaBombshell and DJ_S like this.
  2. May 26, 2018 #2

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I’m bumping this thread again! Come on let’s have some singles solidarity. Come by and introduce yourself.

CarmellaBombshell likes this.
  3. May 27, 2018 #3

hommecreux

hommecreux

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.

Alright, I'll bite!

Fatchelor here passing the days working and studying keeping my mind off the fact I'm single by filling the hole with my (if I might say so) delicious cooking. Who else has taken up cooking/baking as a hobby to help with the boredom?

4. May 27, 2018 #4

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I’m a reality TV Junkie, I get all my Drama from there. So this single fatty is drama free!!!!

CarmellaBombshell and AmyJo1976 like this.
  5. May 28, 2018 #5

DJ_S

DJ_S

DJ_S

Heya, I'm on the other side of the planet in Australia. Good to be back on the Dim Boards, I enjoy cooking, games of the pc/cell variety & arcades which are a rare sight these days. SciFi, art, graphic design & the dimensions of ss/bbw amongst other things lol

Also not in any mad rush

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    CarmellaBombshell and DragonFly like this.
  6. May 28, 2018 #6

hommecreux

hommecreux

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.

Drama free is a good place to be! I tried getting into reality tv a few times with big brother, and a few other reality shows, but I think they stress me out more than help get rid of the drama. Lol. Some of those "actors" need some serious help to deal with life.

Nice! I used to want to visit Australia, but after learning that basically all of the most deadly animals/insects in the world live there, that kinda has me second guessing wanting to visit Melbourne.
    On another note though, I'm very lucky to have an arcade nearby that has over 100 machines to play on. Super cool.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  7. May 28, 2018 #7

DJ_S

DJ_S

DJ_S

You have nothing to really worry about in Melbourne, I've lived here most of my life and have only a few times had to be aware of couple of White Tales & Red back spiders.

8. May 28, 2018 #8

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

YAY Welcome to the singles board! Glad we have a few participants, Ive told most of my story on Meet Your Mods -

Ive been around dimensions since 2005, maybe a little before then. I am now single, Living in NY the Hudson Valley. I am the worst at video games and enjoy cooking.

9. May 28, 2018 #9

Luthien

Luthien

Luthien

Hi fellow single people! My work and social circles are all in the arts, so I meet many wonderful gay men but not so many single straight guys! :p Dating apps are hit and miss, especially as a BBW, so I’m embracing the single life. I’m pretty independent and have lots of single female friends to party with so it’s not too bad! :)
    I’d love to visit Australia, but flights from Canada are looong and expensive. My next trip is to Chicago & New York this summer. Any suggestions on food/attractions etc from people who’ve been there?

10. May 29, 2018 #10

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Welcom welcome welcom Single Sister - I know a few places in NY, I’m living Further up the Hudson Valley right now but have some favorites!

11. Jun 1, 2018 #11

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

Hello Luthien!

It's good to see another single Canadian on here not to mention someone who works in the arts as well, what part of Canada do you hail from? I am from a small town in Ontario, well I guess a little bit bigger than a small town, anyways you work in Opera? That sounds awesome I am fan of Opera along with classical and chamber music, I myself don't work in Opera but I do a lot puppetry and illustration work from time to time. I apologise if this seems like I have gone a little over board on my reply to it's just your ad really caught my eye.

12. Jun 3, 2018 #12

hommecreux

hommecreux

hommecreux

Attack of the twinkies.

When you head to Chicago, be sure to hit up Giordano's for a Chicago style pie. Skip Gino's East (garbage pizza in my opinion) and get a few slices of the good stuff!

I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem if it was just a visit, but even the possibility of running into one of those eight legged bastards scares the living daylights out of me.
    I have some serious arachnophobia issues I need to work out clearly.

13. Jun 3, 2018 #13

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

This is so cool! A big warm squishy thank you to everyone who is participating. It melts my heart to know I’m not the only single fatty out there!

CarmellaBombshell and LeoGibson like this.
  14. Jun 3, 2018 #14

Luthien

Luthien

Luthien

Not overboard at all! :)
    Yes I perform with companies big and small here in Edmonton, we have a surprisingly good arts scene for being a northern city! Puppetry is so unique, how did you get into that? And do you have a favourite opera?

CarmellaBombshell and Saxphon like this.
  15. Jun 4, 2018 #15

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

I'm emotionally messed up, single, and in a FWB situation with my ex, so... FML. But - single! LOL

16. Jun 4, 2018 #16

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Welcome Single Sister! Sounds like you have a lot going on, it’s good to find the singles here is anything just to swap stories!

CarmellaBombshell and x0emnem0x like this.
  17. Jun 4, 2018 #17

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

I got into the whole puppetry thing when I was asked to do it for Sunday school at the church that I go to, I am originally an animator by trade and was having a hard time breaking into the business, So I did my first show for the kids in Sunday school but after awhile I got to do it in front of congregation and then eventually I tried my hand outside of the church, Long story short I decided that I was a better puppeteer than a animator and I am looking at filming a pilot for a station that I have been in contact with. As for Opera I pretty much like it all but then again I have rather wide taste in music in general. :)

18. Jun 4, 2018 #18

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

saw your post thought I would join in on the welcome, and drop you a friendly hello. :)

CarmellaBombshell and x0emnem0x like this.
  19. Jun 4, 2018 #19

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

thunderdog38

wait a minute I made a mistake there is a favorite Opera song I remember and I heard when I was little, It was from Carman I think, I got introduced to it through a children shoe, Sesame Street I think, All I remember is that involved a opera singing Orange singing that particular song, I would stop everything providing I was playing in front of the television set and that the show was on and watch, I seem to have been enamored with it for some reason. . :)

20. Jun 4, 2018 #20

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Loves a challenge! Staff Member Global Moderator

I think that having a creative streak is a very alluring trait for some folks.
    As far as food is concerned, you get the bestest, craziest hot dogs in Chicago as far as diverse toppings go. New York? Pizza, pizza, pizza! They have the best. Real Italian hand-tossed crust. If you are looking for something slightly more exotic, I think that besides the west coast or Hawaii, New York has some of the best chinese food you'll ever find. Knishes and strombolis are great too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.