2018 Singles party (Single Dimmers Meet and Greet)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railroad Man

It was suggested that we start a new up to dat meeting space for the singles on Dimensions. Where Dimensions isn’t a dating site, it is good to have a place to celebrate or to commiserate about the single life. We have the special features of either being fatties, liking fatties or any combination of the two. Please take a minute to introduce yourself, and let’s get a good conversation started.
==========================================
My name is Tom and I live in Pearisburg VA, in the mountains of SW Virginia. I'm retired from a government position in Washington DC. I've been divorced since 9/2001 and live by myself. I have a daughter, a sister and a brother, all in the Washington metro area.

My ex was 340 when I married her. She lost some of it with the weight loss surgery, and gained some of it back when she had our daughter. We were married 13 years, but our breaking up didn't have anything to do with her size.

What I want to know is what happened to all the BBW events? The Washington chapter of NAAFA used to have dances on a regular basis. I haven't seen an ad for one in ages. I occasionally surf the few sites that list events. But in many cases, the events will be for three years ago. Either keep the site up to date or take it down. Many of the events are simply too far away-Atlanta, New York, Chicago, etc.

da3ley

Alright, I'll bite!

Fatchelor here passing the days working and studying keeping my mind off the fact I'm single by filling the hole with my (if I might say so) delicious cooking. Who else has taken up cooking/baking as a hobby to help with the boredom?
"Fatchelor" i love it! lol. i love to cook!, my baking needs improving though

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
==========================================
My name is Tom and I live in Pearisburg VA, ... etc.
Welcome Tom! Occasionally we get a few groups posting about dances and events but not very often. I remember the days of the badges and conventions. That seems to happen less often these days. We have had some interesting debates as to why! I think these kinds of digital gathering places have replaced many of the things that used to take place.

BountifulBabs

Hi everyone. I'm Babs, a single lady, living near Philadelphia. I watch professional wrestling (and worked in it for a little bit!). I like watching horror movies and reading mysteries. I've always been an avid reader and I write. I believe in the power of the written word, so I do journal. I make jewelry and paint watercolor badly. Lol. I'm a good cook, but not a baker.

BigElectricKat

If you are bored or in need of some convo, PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi everyone. I'm Babs, a single lady, living near Philadelphia. I watch professional wrestling (and worked in it for a little bit!). I like watching horror movies and reading mysteries. I've always been an avid reader and I write. I believe in the power of the written word, so I do journal. I make jewelry and paint watercolor badly. Lol. I'm a good cook, but not a baker.
At first, I wondered why I received an email from this thread, as I had never posted to it. But then I read your post. Wrestling? Horror movies? A reader and writer? Am I your brother from another mother?

thunderdog38

Hi Babs! I like to make things too. a lot of sewing and drawing plastic works that sort of thing, not a big reader but I love to write short stories and plays I am located in mid sized town in Ontario Canada. :)

BountifulBabs

Hi Babs! I like to make things too. a lot of sewing and drawing plastic works that sort of thing, not a big reader but I love to write short stories and plays I am located in mid sized town in Ontario Canada. :)
Nice to meet you. I've been to Canada once during a wrestling trip. I was in Quebec City and Montreal. I really like Quebec City. And Tim Hortons. Lol. I prefer writing short stories too. Do you have a preferred genre?

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
Lol! Sounds like it! Who's your favorite wrestler?
I'm an "old school" wrestling fan so I don't watch as much as I once did. I've always liked Sting ever since the Blade Runner days. These days I think AJ Styles is a great worker. On the independents, I like Jessicka Havoc and Jordyn Grace.

BountifulBabs

I'm an "old school" wrestling fan so I don't watch as much as I once did. I've always liked Sting ever since the Blade Runner days. These days I think AJ Styles is a great worker. On the independents, I like Jessicka Havoc and Jordyn Grace.
I'm fond of the New Generation Era, but I started watching 1992. Blade Runners...haven't heard that name in forever. I'm a LuFisto fan. Have you been to Shimmer, Shine, or WSU?

BountifulBabs

I catch ROH every now and then these days. I think you just turned me on to Shimmer! Just watched one of their promos. Looks exciting!
I watch the old stuff mostly, but still kinda know what's up in the Indie scene. Definitely look up Shimmer, those women are great. You might like old Sara Del Rey stuff too. I'm thinking of cosplaying at Mania next year - either Paul Bearer or Bertha Faye. Haven't decided yet.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
I watch the old stuff mostly, but still kinda know what's up in the Indie scene. Definitely look up Shimmer, those women are great. You might like old Sara Del Rey stuff too. I'm thinking of cosplaying at Mania next year - either Paul Bearer or Bertha Faye. Haven't decided yet.
I'm thinking that if you could pull off Paul Bearer, that would really be something. I will look and see if Shimmer is playing on tv in my area.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts