2019 Singles Party! *Meet and Greet Time*

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by DragonFly, May 15, 2019.

1. May 15, 2019 #1

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

Following up From the 2018 thread. Post an updated introduction in this thread. Tell us a little about yourself and let’s get to know each other.

Are you looking for a better connection to the community come join the Single Dimmers!

Best tip! - is to make sure you have your entire profile filled out for everyone to see!

Let’s get this party started!

2. May 15, 2019 #2

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I’ll be the first to jump in

Name: DragonFly
    Where: Midstate New York ( HudsonValley)
    Identify as: SSBBW, FA but I’m size flexible
    Interested in: Males
    Looking for: friends, conversation, and possibly that someone special

About me: I’m a misplaced southerner, braving the cold New York winter looking for sweet tea and real BBQ. I am also a supersized cis-female that has been hanging around dimensions since before the forums were in this format, through a Dims Friend I met the love of my life. I was swept away, our time together was much too short. He passed unexpectedly in October of 2016 I found that I really missed and needed this community. I've met some terrific people here. I'm not working presently but my hopes are to get back out there and live it large.

I'm a big foodee, love cooking and dining ( comfort food to 5 star ). I read a ridiculous amount, mostly urban fantasy and paranormal fiction. My hobbies change constantly, I get a lot of satisfaction from dabbling in creative things-sewing to sculpting and most recently water colors.

Okay who is next!!!!!!

Colonial Warrior likes this.
  3. May 15, 2019 #3

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

WVMountainrear's Husband

I completely forgot that you were from the South.

4. May 15, 2019 #4

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I am freezing, want a real sausage biscuit, need to hear that lovely southern drawl!

5. May 16, 2019 #5

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent? Staff Member Global Moderator

I'll take some red beans & rice if you find any.

Colonial Warrior and DragonFly like this.
  6. May 21, 2019 #6

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

I can’t believe that I am the only darn single person on Dimensions!!!!!!

7. May 21, 2019 #7

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent? Staff Member Global Moderator

You are not. But, you are the only single person with the guts to post here (so far).

8. May 23, 2019 #8

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Come on singles! Just check in and give us a chance to mingle!

9. Jun 13, 2019 #9

SuperMishe

SuperMishe

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?

I’ll be brave and admit I’m still single... sigh.

Name: Mishe
    Where: Massachusetts
    Identify as: SSBBW
    Interested in: Males
    Looking for: A guy that can match me wise-ass remark for wise-ass remark. A good rapport and sense of humor is an absolute must.

Things I like: All animals (I have 2 cats), movies, television- I watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc., Crafting, Football (Go Pats!), and new things.

Okay who is next!!!!!

DragonFly, Yakatori and waldo like this.
  10. Jun 13, 2019 #10

waldo

waldo

waldo

Sorry but as an Indiana resident, I have to say F%%K the Pats (ETA I lived a few miles from Foxboro for 2.5 years in Attleboro, MA) - just got to like the Pats and then moved to IN. Anyway, if nothing else, I think Brady is GOAT!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  11. Jun 16, 2019 #11

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

Name: Dan DeLeon
    Identify as: Ideologically liberal, orientationally hetero, dietetically vegetarian
    Preoccupation: Rubenesque, Junoesque, Amazonian goddesses thighed like an idol
    Seeking: "The promise of joy and fulfillment in its most primitive form." (10 points if you can i.d. the hilarious comedy-source from whence that quote came)
    About me: A citizen of the world, I am an international lover equipped with Roman hands, Russian fingers, and Hungary lips.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: A roving eye, rakish heart, and a lickerish grin -- all underwhelmingly packaged in the body of a certified public accountant.

DragonFly and Unbasher like this.
  12. Jun 17, 2019 #12

Sonic Purity

Sonic Purity

Sonic Purity

Dimensions Eyeore

Brace yourselves… personal implosion in 3… 2… 1…

Name: Sonic
    Age: Roughly the same as Madonna Ciccone’s. Or a few months younger than Prince, were he still alive. Or a week younger than Randy Brian or 19 years and one week older than Bren Chasse, and You Win if you know who either of those last two people are.
    Where: Pasadena, Cali-cali-califooornia
    Gender: biological: cisgender male. Identity and presentation: blurry. Any politely-used pronouns accepted.
    Identify as: male-ish FA. And Libertarian, capital L.
    Interested in: affectionate SSBBW who love intimate physical contact
    Status: never married, though have had two True Loves: living together like a marriage, without the legal or religious confirmations.
    Looking for: Endless Hugs and Cuddles! Cuddlllleeees! And in-person conversation. And other mutually-agreeable physical stuff.

About This Creature
    : A certified outlying data point amongst humanity for generations and Lost Soul more recently, Sonic excels at deeply imagining and visualizing idealized loving, sexual, romantic situations between people of size and those who love them, typing out many of these visualizations in fictional story form.

When not writing fatlovesex stories that to this day remain unpublished, Sonic is known for creating websites that make people go blind (or wish they already were), fussing with hilariously old Macintosh computers in order to be able to use things like SCSI scanners and super-expensive software he doesn’t want to re-buy just to run on newer hardware/OS versions, submitting bugs to Apple for them to ignore (i used to get paid by them for that work. They didn’t ignore those bugs. That was long ago), doing endless projects of general handyperson nature to kinda-sorta maintain the house and to help out my mother, occasionally but not often enough giving away or selling excess physical objects on Craigslist, and wondering what the point of life is.

Earning a living used to happen, but that was long ago and things got complicated.

Movies: what? Not sure i’ve seen one this millennium. Seriously.
    TV: no longer exists. I’m good with that.
    Sports: Every sports team/franchise on the planet could vanish tomorrow, and i would not notice… other than the dazed, lost looks from those who care about this realm of human endeavor.
    Music: is as essential as breathing, but that got complicated too. Beware Ototoxic Pharmaceuticals!
    Pets: No, not here. Been there, did that as a child. Too many wires and other things for them to get into. They cost money and i have a tough enough time taking care of myself!
    Books: Good things. I’m usually so busy being a content creator, i have little time to be a content consumer. Thought for the day: if you spindle a Kindle, does doing so give Jeff Bezos a back pain twinge? And how did you manage to spindle it, anyway?

Core competency: growing thick, luscious hair.

Extinguishing Characteristics: Clinically depressed for decades, my permanently damaged digestive system sometimes without advanced notice produces prodigious amounts of flatus which tend to attract skunks to come over and take notes. My receding-gum smile has been compared to the cover art of The Cramps’ Bad Music For Bad People album cover and is most optimally experienced on Halloween with sinister uplighting. The suitcase bags under my eyes are too big for overhead storage and must be pre-checked before flight. Coconut oil application seems to have helped reduce the crevasses on my face from a depth into which small children and pets could get lost to mere agricultural drainage ditches. As for my abdomen and left hip: surgery scars for years!

Do i get half a point for a vasectomy? New old stock: never been used once since its 2013 installation (other than in solo activities).

Powerful minds melt me (sapioromantic/sapiosexual). I return the favor when i can. The only SSBBW whom i’ve so far had the honor of touching gave me high marks for the foot massages she received. YMMV.

[Heart eye emoji][Heart eye emoji][Heart eye emoji]Wanna date me??[Heart eye emoji][Heart eye emoji][Heart eye emoji]

I’m hating this particular implementation of XenForo forum software more every minute: no pasted-in Unicode emojis?! Seriously?!

Any other threads i can kill for you? That seems to be another core competency of mine, at least here on Dims. OTOH, i think i’ve lowered the bar enough that it should now be safe for a whole lot more people to post on this topic.

DragonFly likes this.
  13. Jun 18, 2019 #13

HUGEisElegant

HUGEisElegant

HUGEisElegant

I have to be honest and say that I had my heart profoundly broken recently:)(), so I'm not sure if I'm really ready to be in a relationship right now. But you never know until you meet that special someone!...

Name:
    HUGEisElegant (you'll have to earn my real one! ;))
    Where: Ontario, Canada
    Identify as: Just a "normal" guy (whatever that is!) lol I'm about 50 pounds overweight right now, but I'm usually relatively fit (currently working on it!)
    Interested in: Women
    Occupation: warehouse worker/inventory manager/shipping & receiving
    Looking for: friends, conversation and possibly that special someone (I think DragonFly said it best!)

About me: Some of my interests are hiking, backpacking, camping, walking, bicycling, weather, photography, listening to obscure 60s and 70s classic rock, playing guitar (sometimes) cooking and gardening...seriously. lol I also like playing boardgames and card games, and I like sports like baseball and hockey as well.

Characteristics I look for and like in other people:

Kindness, compassion, tolerance, empathy, altruism, a sense of understanding, open-mindedness, honesty, genuineness/sincerity, being considerate of others, modesty, humbleness, patience, silliness and generally playful, fun-loving people. I prefer to strive towards those qualities and surround myself with other like-minded people. :)

Myself, I am actually a very shy person. :oops: I am embarrassingly shy in social situations, but I actually tend to be quite outgoing and relatively gregarious when I am online. :) I tend to be silly and a bit quirky, and I also have a very cheesy, random and even dark sense of humour at times. lol I also still have a child-like wonderment about the world and I never get jaded to the little things in life, because I believe it's the little things that make life interesting and worth living. :)

I absolutely love the outdoors though. That's where my soul truly sings. I deeply love nature and the environment, and I also value people who love and care about the environment too. I am not really into TV, movies or gaming, so I'd generally rather spend my time outside doing things I love to do in nature. But I can be a bit of a homebody as well. Particularly in the winter. I live in Canada and I hate the cold! Lucky me! lol

I also like to cook and to do it with someone else as well. Preferably with someone I love. I think there is nothing better than cooking for someone you care about. Nothing says "I love you" like taking the time and effort to prepare and share a meal with the woman you love. I'd love sharing the kitchen with someone special.

As mentioned, I don't really watch much TV or movies and I'm not really into gaming, but I do enjoy playing boardgames and card games. I also like snuggling and I tend to be a bit of a snuggle bug. lol :oops: I like feeling that closeness and connection with the person I love and believe it brings two people together. Not just physically, but emotionally too.

I guess it is also worth mentioning (if you haven't guessed already lol) that I am generally a fairly open and liberal-minded kind of person. I care about the environment, equality and women's rights, and tend to let people live their lives as they choose, as long as they are not hateful or disrespectful towards others. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure what else to say, but I've probably gone on way too long now, so I guess I'll stop here. lol :oops: But if anyone here likes what you see, please feel free to message me if you want to chat. Regardless, I hope you have a big, beautiful and wonderful day! :)

Thanks and chat soon!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Kat and Ncmomof4 like this.
  14. Jun 19, 2019 #14

HUGEisElegant

HUGEisElegant

HUGEisElegant

^Wow, I didn't mean to put a smiling emoji after saying I recently had my heart broken. lol

DragonFly likes this.
  15. Jun 26, 2019 #15

penguin

penguin

penguin

Fnord

I’m definitely single and plan on staying that way for the foreseeable future. I know I’m in no place to make a good partner right now, and I’ve had my heart broken enough to not be interested in looking. If I happen to meet someone I might give it a go, but it’s not something I’m looking for.

16. Jun 26, 2019 #16

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Hey Penguin, I hear you, and it's a sign of how self-knowledgeable and reflected you are that you're not throwing yourself into a new relationship. I recently had my heart... well, not broken but severely damaged, and dating in such a state is not good for either you or the other person. I wish you all the best. Be good to yourself. Perhaps this joke will make you smile:

When Chuck Norris deletes someone on Facebook, that person dies.

17. Jun 27, 2019 #17

NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74

Name: Nancy
    Preoccupation: crafter, book reader, fan of ice cream,
    Seeking: Companionship
    I hate these things but...Hi. I'm not sure what I'm seeking other than friendship, companionship, and maybe something more. Its been a long time since I've been back here to Dims but "back in the day" I met some really wonderful people. I'm hoping to meet more. :)
    What I'm Not Seeking: To be someone's random hook up, dirty secret, or kink.

18. Jun 27, 2019 #18

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

I can relate and I can dig it! I am so done with Love and Romance!

19. Jul 7, 2019 #19

stampy

stampy

stampy

DimensionsModel

Name: stampy/Sarah
    Where: North Central Ohio
    Identify as: SSBBW
    Interested in: Male identifying people
    Looking For: friends, a best friend, a lover, a soulmate (but that is a pretty tall order so I'd be happy with a friend)

About me: Hello party animals. I am a middle age fat woman limping along in the rat race. I'm something of a hedonist and all my life has been a search for pleasure, beauty, and happiness. Sources of some of my greatest pleasures include family and friends, writing and reading, doing arts and crafts, the eroticism of fat, cooking, plus size travelling (which I don't do very often but thoroughly enjoy when I do), picnics, and music, especially jazz.

I am on disability for some back pain and the depression that often accompanies chronic pain. I am limited in how much i can stand and walk so I won't make the greatest hiking partner. I am trying to start making NSFW content to (legally) raise capital to start a craft business, since selling clips is one of the few jobs that doesn't require walking or standing a lot. If you've got it, you might as well flaunt it, i suppose. I identify as an obesexual and find the erotic heft and swells of fat on my body intoxicating and wouldn't mind gaining a bit more weight. I like eating and growing for my partner and consider it the apex of intimacy.

Some of my current life dreams include saving up money for a workmens cycle so I can ride a bike again, starting a craft selling business, and getting my writing published (I have had a couple poems published but nothing major.) I love gardening and watching things grow and have always dreamed about being a homesteader although I'm unsure of how much work I could contribute because of my health and weight, but I'm a farmer's daughter and my dad would probably let us live on his land and borrow his farm stuff. I like to think of myself as a big plumpkin in the garden waiting for a loving gardener to tend me as I grow and ripen on the vine. :) Thanks for your time. Keep calm and party on!

20. Jul 7, 2019 #20

HUGEisElegant

HUGEisElegant

HUGEisElegant

I love your post! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us. Nice to meet you! :) Another Ohioan too! :D I have a lot of family there. :p