Quantcast

500 Pound Fighter

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Colonial Warrior

I have saw many UFC shows way back in 1995 and this is not the first time they put an fat fighter to be beaten by a thinner opponent.

I loved more pro wrestling at that time because they gave more chances to fat men and women to be superstars. Although I know that pro wrestling is simply a show.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I recall UFC 1 they were putting different styles of fighters against one another. In the first round there was a sumo wrestler who lost -- again once he got on the ground there wasn't much he could do -- but his opponent broke a knuckle on his skull and also couldn't go on.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yeah, gives me a weird feeling because on the one hand, hooray, "fat person in full motion glory!" but on the other hand, booooo, fat shaming vibes/talk. Conflicted.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
Back in my MMA days, I almost had to face a 400 lb fighter by the name of Yoda. I lost my prelim match by submission and so the guy who beat me had to face him. Yoda actually won the match! He was tough and strong.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I mean, I don't doubt that fat people can be strong and skilled fighters. It's more that the way this whole thing was set up was clearly for social media to see a woman way out of his league (in fighting terms) beat up a fat man. That is pretty awful.

I'd love to see some actually skilled fat fighters taking on opponents on their level instead of just getting wailed on.

Colonial Warrior

I mean, I don't doubt that fat people can be strong and skilled fighters. It's more that the way this whole thing was set up was clearly for social media to see a woman way out of his league (in fighting terms) beat up a fat man. That is pretty awful.

I'd love to see some actually skilled fat fighters taking on opponents on their level instead of just getting wailed on.
You are right, @loopytheone!

TwoSwords

They deliberately went out and found a "youtuber" which means less than nothing when it comes to fighting skill or experience. Put this woman up against any sumo wrestler in existence, and the fight will be very different.

Latest posts