Quantcast

90's gaming

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
Desert and Jungle Strike.
Hexen, Heretic, Quake and Doom all variations of the same theme, except Doom was far better.
Goldeneye from the 64 era. Lost count of the number of times I've played the Facility and Archive levels.
NHLPA hockey 94 (loved that game).
The Clocktower and Silent Hill 1.
Resident Evil.

Man I need to get an old Playstation.

Control on 007 mode, man that can be a nightmare.

reuben6380

The Scenaturdist
I remember moving lawns for weeks to get the $50 deposit to rent an original PlayStation from Blockbuster video to play ff7!

Mario RPG also rocked!

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I remember moving lawns for weeks to get the $50 deposit to rent an original PlayStation from Blockbuster video to play ff7!

Mario RPG also rocked!

I used to pick pecans in my yard and in the neighborhood to rent games when i didn't have the money to! Funny they were only 5 bucks back then, but yeah.

I remember where i lived you had to give the price of the console at the time just to rent it, then you got your money back when you brought the console back. Which at the time didn't seem to make much sense to me. :confused:

We had a Movie Gallery and JJ's and Mr. D's in my home town, Mr. D's was locally owned, but they had video games too. guess there policies were different. We didn't get a Blockbuster till much later, i lived in a small town haha. I loved FF7 and Mario RPG! i mostly rented games back then, i bought some sometimes but mostly rented.

I rented Mario RPG and i played the demo of FF7. I never could rent FF7, it was ALWAYS checked out! same with Donkey Kong Country 2 haha!

SprocketRocket

I used to pick pecans in my yard and in the neighborhood to rent games when i didn't have the money to! Funny they were only 5 bucks back then, but yeah.

I remember where i lived you had to give the price of the console at the time just to rent it, then you got your money back when you brought the console back. Which at the time didn't seem to make much sense to me. :confused:

We had a Movie Gallery and JJ's and Mr. D's in my home town, Mr. D's was locally owned, but they had video games too. guess there policies were different. We didn't get a Blockbuster till much later, i lived in a small town haha. I loved FF7 and Mario RPG! i mostly rented games back then, i bought some sometimes but mostly rented.

I rented Mario RPG and i played the demo of FF7. I never could rent FF7, it was ALWAYS checked out! same with Donkey Kong Country 2 haha!
HD24 did you ever get down with Sega CD or Saturn and the Lunar games, like Lunar: Silver Star Story? It was a real underdog, especially with FF7 dominating on PS1, probably the best console of all time along with NES, the PS1...

And the music in the FF7 demo, I still remember how beautiful it was! The techno version in the FF7 sampler. :) with Saga Frontier videos.. back in the DAY!

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
HD24 did you ever get down with Sega CD or Saturn and the Lunar games, like Lunar: Silver Star Story? It was a real underdog, especially with FF7 dominating on PS1, probably the best console of all time along with NES, the PS1...

And the music in the FF7 demo, I still remember how beautiful it was! The techno version in the FF7 sampler. :) with Saga Frontier videos.. back in the DAY!
Yes! i remember all of those. RPG's are one of my favorite genre of games. Thousand Arms, Lunar, Saga Frontier, Legend Of Dragoon, Breath Of Fire, Wild Arms, Tales Of series, Star Ocean, Growlanser, Working Design was a great developer.

We need a FF7 remake, screw all that other stuff haha. The FF7 tech demo is the biggest tease known to man. However Crisis Core and Advent Children was pretty good IMO. I even liked Dirge Of Cerberus not too bad.

KHayes666

Go away
They don't need to remake FF7....sure the graphics were total shit but the storyline was without peer. Leave the classics alone

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
They don't need to remake FF7....sure the graphics were total shit but the storyline was without peer. Leave the classics alone
To be honest i just want a normal remake, only thing i would say is change the graphics, re do the sound (not change the music just improve sound quality) upgrade the artwork and things like that, that's it i would say. Just like an HD remake if you will. Re-do the sprites etc.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I never heard any of them before I watch a video featuring these console. (Thanks Nintendo and Playstation for not knowing these consoles exist.)

I was lucky that my neighbor had money and he was nice and had most of those consoles haha. Atleast i got to play a few at his house lol.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I never heard any of them before I watch a video featuring these console. (Thanks Nintendo and Playstation for not knowing these consoles exist.)

Loved the N64! i remember the Star Wars racing game. It was fun and what was that other one Rogue Squadron was it? that one was fun too! i loved all Star Wars game! remember Pokémon Stadium? loved that one too!

Remember the Pokemon themed N64 too?

View attachment 110440

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
Loved the N64! i remember the Star Wars racing game. It was fun and what was that other one Rogue Squadron was it? that one was fun too! i loved all Star Wars game! remember Pokémon Stadium? loved that one too!

Remember the Pokemon themed N64 too?

View attachment 110440
I had Pod Racing and Rogue Squardon, they were fun. I do remember seeing the pokemon theme N64, though I had a normal model. The pokemon game that I remember came in a big package.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
I had Pod Racing and Rogue Squardon, they were fun. I do remember seeing the pokemon theme N64, though I had a normal model. The pokemon game that I remember came in a big package.

I rented both those games and loved them! yeah i had the normal model N64 so didn't bother to get the Pokemon one since it would have been a waste of money well in the sense i already had N64 and i could put that money towards games. I had the different color N64 controllers.

The N64 was a great console i never forget when i first got it i was in the 4th grade. We couldn't find a RF switch for nothing, it took forever to find one so i couldn't play for some weeks but finally got one. And since we lived in a small town and had no internet back then, just had to deal into you caught a shipment.

archivaltype

shake n bake
Hahahaha, mortal kombat fatalities on the sega genesis were the best!!

I think I beat the Buck Rogers like 10 times before I turned 12 :p The Sega Genesis was the best system everrrrr.

Did anyone ever play Bubsy??

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
Hahahaha, mortal kombat fatalities on the sega genesis were the best!!

I think I beat the Buck Rogers like 10 times before I turned 12 :p The Sega Genesis was the best system everrrrr.

Did anyone ever play Bubsy??
Ohh yes... the hours I wasted playing the utter shit out of that game. I actually faked sick from school the second day I had it because I was that enthralled by it (which was surprising, being predominantly an RPG gamer.) I had the SNES version though, so I'm not sure what the SEGA version was like.

On a somewhat unrelated note -- aside from being a fun, underrated side-scroller, it also gave me an appreciation for bluegrass :p.

archivaltype

shake n bake
It was all about the yarnballs and seeing just how far you could glide before pancaking into the ground.
I think there was a carnival round with a roller coaster and lots of dynamite. That game was the best :D

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
It was all about the yarnballs and seeing just how far you could glide before pancaking into the ground.
I think there was a carnival round with a roller coaster and lots of dynamite. That game was the best :D
Really tempted to go fire up the emulator :p. Heck, maybe I'll give the SEGA version a try this time.

shy guy

Monkey Trumpets
Let's see...

Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure
Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars
Home Alone
Mario Andretti Racing
Coach K Basketball
Maximum Carnage

shy guy

Monkey Trumpets
So which do you think is better, TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist or TMNT: Turtles in Time? I'm a Sega boy so you already know who I'm picking:happy:.

Latest posts