"____" Punk goodness

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JenFromOC

Awesome.
I'm probably very dense...but can someone explain this steampunk thing to me? I don't get it....

Wanderer

Actor at Extra-Large
I'm probably very dense...but can someone explain this steampunk thing to me? I don't get it....
Capsule version:

Steampunk is science fantasy using the style of the Victorian Age. With power sources limited to muscle power, clockwork, steam, and chemical reactions, it tends to large devices that look even more complicated than they are, and often have impressive-sounding names, such as "Hydropulsed Piston-Driven Signaling Chronometer" for a steam-powered striking clock.

(Note: Some people will reference Girl Genius, by Phil and Kaja Foglio; this is slightly inaccurate, as their work adds more fantastic elements. Mrs. Foglio herself coined the term, "gaslamp fantasy" to refer to Girl Genius, as it borrows more from the fantastic speculative fiction of the Victorian Age.)

veil

boston based bluestocking
I'm just going to be the demanding one, since no one else will, and say, "please post many pics, because we want to seeeeee."

:D
i'm trying to find some, my own camera was busted for a while, so i don't have any from recent times, but to give you an idea here's my jewelry collection:

if you collect enough ridiculous costume pieces you can come up with a really wide variety of styles, i really love having so many options because i never feel the exact same day to day.

JenFromOC

Awesome.
Capsule version:

Steampunk is science fantasy using the style of the Victorian Age. With power sources limited to muscle power, clockwork, steam, and chemical reactions, it tends to large devices that look even more complicated than they are, and often have impressive-sounding names, such as "Hydropulsed Piston-Driven Signaling Chronometer" for a steam-powered striking clock.

(Note: Some people will reference Girl Genius, by Phil and Kaja Foglio; this is slightly inaccurate, as their work adds more fantastic elements. Mrs. Foglio herself coined the term, "gaslamp fantasy" to refer to Girl Genius, as it borrows more from the fantastic speculative fiction of the Victorian Age.)
Ahhh ok. Well, thank you lol

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
Oh... I would totally be a motorcycle babe for that.
Where can I get one?

escapist

Belt Buster!
uhhhhnggggod.... sorry, nerdgasm...
I know isn't it grand. If I had something like that I would seriously consider dressing Steampunk every day and riding it up and down the Vegas Strip every night.

I enjoy the classic look of it, the one following it I could see me using more often.

Latest posts

Group builder