A Full Moon, Chapters 1-5 - by Durin (SSBBW (Multiple), Space Travel, XXWG)

Discussion in 'Fantasy/Science Fiction Archive' started by Durin, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Mar 20, 2006 #1

Durin

Durin

Durin

SSBBW (Multiple), Space Travel, XXWG - Mobility and other problems became things of the past after a colony is established on the Moon.

A Full Moon
    Chapters 1 - 5
    by Durin

Chapter One
    Nanotech Executive Suite
    Columbus, Ohio

Stan Lartskowsky looked at the Board of Directors with a quiet smile and said, "I know everyone called this special meeting because they think I am off my rocker. But I assure you I am not. I see the acquisition of Lunar Technologies, Inc., as the opportunity off a lifetime."

Jason Edwards, one of our newest board members, said, "Stan, how can that possibly be? Lunar is about to go under because they could not pre-sell enough of their rooms for the new hotel. No one wants to spend $40,000 for a trip to the moon. It is still too exclusive to make money as a vacation venture. Also anyone can display the Earth in phase on their plasta-wall screen. Remember, you invented the damn thing."

Stan returned, "Jason, as usual you are not thinking BIG enough." At this point, Stan pointed to his assistant to start the slide presentation. "First of all, we have plenty of leverage to buy Lunar Tech. Now here comes the neat part. The next slide shows the front page of the Times back in 2002; 60% of USA was considered obese. Now here is the headline from the good old Times from two weeks ago - 95% of USA is considered obese, 60% morbidly so. So you see everyone why it is so vital that we acquire Lunar Technologies now."

Lew Roth scratched his head and retorted, "So Lunar's important because we are all getting fat; I don't see the connection."

Bill Hamilton looked completely stunned and shouted out, "It's brilliant! Why, Stan, I can't believe I never saw it before. Of course, we need to vote and acquire Lunar right away. We can even split off some of the travel income to a friendly third party, before the government splits us up as a monopoly."

Stan quietly said to the whole board, "After the acquisition, I want to put Bill in charge of the whole Lunar project. Before the week's out, I want a list of people to head up your old post, my friend."

Jason Edwards stood up and sputtered, "Would someone tell me what is going on and why we are all going to agree to buying a bankrupt company."
    Bill looked thoughtfully at Jason and then said, "Think about it, Jason. Why would you want to go to the Moon; what would be affected by traveling there?"

Jason looked thoughtful. "Let's see, I would want to see the Earth in phase, and, well, I guess the only other thing I would want to do is jump around and see what it would be like if I weighed less."

Bill looked at his girth and said, "What if you weighed 400 pounds; wouldn't it be nice to only weigh 49 pounds? What if you were 600 pounds like my wife, wouldn't it be great to only weigh 100 pounds? It would be wonderful - and all without any diet, exercise, or surgery. Can you imagine the demand for a product like that? Since the diet craze back in the 1960's, people have been doing everything to lose weight, and none of it has worked so far. Technology invents a new weight loss med, and people's bodies circumvent it. This could give people their lives back." A pause for thought. "Stan, I would like to start working on this project right away."

Stan looked at his partner thoughtfully. "I thought you might. There will be a Lunar Shuttle leaving Kennedy Space Port tomorrow - be on it. And now those in favor say Aye."

With that vote, Stan Lartskowsky made the deal of the century. Lunar was acquired one month later.

A year later Lunar's Hotel was transformed into "A Full Moon: Lunar Apartments and Condominiums." Their first customer was a 900-pound woman named Shirley, who sold her home and bought a Lunar condominium. She loved lunar living and she became a news sensation as she walked around the A.F.M. common areas. She weighed 150 lunar pounds and her doctor agreed she was in perfect health with the reduced gravitational pull.

That was all the advertisement Stan and permanent lunar resident Bill Hamilton needed. Who wanted to diet or exercise when they could enjoy the benefits of Lunar living? Soon there was a steady stream of shuttles heading to the moon and to the lunar apartments and condos Nanotech had built. Because there was such a demand, lunar agriculture and commerce increased with every visitor. Around the condos and apartments there were bars, restaurants and everything you would want - just like on Earth.

The only thing that was different than Earth was that large or actually very, very large people were the norm. Doors, chairs, shuttles and buffets all were built to accommodate the bountiful lunar residents. This was the true genius behind Bill's planning.

One thing people noticed was no one really lost weight when they made the lunar jump, but if you weighed 400 Earth pounds and you gained 400 more Earth pounds you still only weigh 132 lunar pounds. Shirley now weighs 1300 Earth pounds and she still feels great weighing in at 216 lunar. No one really wants to diet or exercise when they do not have to, and because there was such a fat-friendly atmosphere on the Moon, people just enjoyed themselves.

That was all the advertisement Stan and Bill needed, so by the second year of operation they expanded their project three times. Soon they were acquiring more land to make further exponential expansion of the project.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two
    Moon: A Full Moon
    Sea of Tranquility Hotel

Sheila Hamilton had started unpacking her smallest bag when there was a loud knock on the door. She tuned and opened the door; on the other side was a very large woman. Sheila was immediately enveloped in a big hug. "Hey, Mom, you can let me go now. Why don't you come inside while I unpack?"

Dolores Hamilton walked slowly into the room and settled herself down on one of the room's many spacious armless chairs.

"You know, Sheila, this is what I think is especially nice about lunar living, my butt no longer gets wedged into any more uncomfortable chairs. Now, of course, your father has never owned an uncomfortable chair, and he does not buy any butt huggers for any of Nanotech's Developments. Oh, I'm rambling again. Sheila, I am so glad you have decided to leave Columbus and are going to settle down and help your father."

Sheila sat down on one of the king size beds (Standard Lunar Room) and sighed. "Well, I guess it was inevitable, Mom. How much do you weigh now?"

Dolores gave her daughter a scathing glance. "Why is it important what I weigh? I am happy up here and I am free from any constraints the Earth put on my body. I have gained some more mass, that's true, but I am in perfect health as of my last checkup."

Sheila looked at her mother and got up and gave her a hug. "I did not mean to pry, Mom, but I see myself turning into you in a few years. Especially with the positive image fat women have on the Moon, why should I want to kill myself dieting and exercising anymore? That is why I am here. I weigh 400 pounds now, and I am only 29 years old."

Dolores looked lovingly into her daughter's eyes and said, "Honey, you will always be my beautiful little girl. Also, up here, you are rather petite, so do not worry your little head. Yes, I would weigh 1100 in Earth pounds, but on the Moon I feel very light at 182 lunar. You're a rail at 66 lunar pounds. Be careful you do not launch yourself into the ceiling accidentally; it's padded for a reason. Now, let's go out and eat a nice dinner. It will be such a pleasure to have your company. Your father and I have missed you since we made the decision to live here."

Sheila sighed and said, "I know, I have missed you both a great deal. Your old house is very lonely for one person. I am looking forward to picking out a condo up here. You know, strike out on my own. I am also looking forward to meeting some new friends. At least now maybe I won't be the fat girl out of the bunch."

Dolores smiled at her daughter, "Let's go get some food, imp. Now help your mother get out of this chair."

Sheila pushed herself off the bed and went lovingly over to her mother and gave a hand to help her out of the chair. Dolores rose like a queen and preceded her daughter out of the room. All of her 1100 Earth pounds jiggled in the reduced gravity, and they went arm and arm down the hall.

2. Mar 20, 2006 #2

Durin

Durin

Durin

Chapter Three

Delta Shuttle 23
    Tucson Space Port

"I am very nervous and scared of how this Spaceflight will go," said Tina Venture.

"Don't worry, Tina. Come back with me and we will get you set up for the flight. I will personally be riding in your berth the whole trip. I understand your concerns and I will walk you through everything. I know you have seen an orientation about what the Null-Grav procedure is all about but if you have any questions you just ask. Now be careful as we walk down this jetway, and use the handrail if you need to. Take your time. If you want to stop and take a few breaths there is no rush; that's while we have the Null-Grav passengers come early," said Brad Wellstone.

Tina and Brad walked slowly down a slightly faded tan jetway with a mysterious gray carpet. Thankfully there was a good rail Tina could use to help her as she walked. Tina weighed 722 pounds. Walking was an effort for her, as Brad could clearly see.

"Hey, Tina, there is no reason to make you walk down this jetway. Take a break. I don't know where my head is at; let me get you a chair and wheel you down to the shuttle in style, okay?"

Brad left Tina at a jog. He was upset at himself. He regretted being so stupid and putting Tina through that hell. Also, he was worried if his boss knew that he made a 722-pound person walk partway down a jetway; he could be written up if not fired. He knew it was company policy to always wheel people with limited mobility down the jetway. Now he felt like a real ass.

Brad had a tendency to forget that fat folks had limited mobiliy. After all, he and his Missus had an Apartment on Space Station Delta. He just got used to seeing 1000-pound people walking around without any trouble all the time.

(Moon Stories will Continue later. Will Tina make it down the Jetway? Will Brad get his head out of his rear? Will they escape the bonds of earth and make it into Space? Find out Later in the continuation of Chapter Three.

3. Mar 21, 2006 #3

Durin

Durin

Durin

Chapter Three, continued

While Brad had gone to get the wheelchair, Tina stood in the jetway leaning on the supporting railing. Her breathing was labored as she tried to catch her breath. That was as far as she had walked in a long time.

The Nanotech people had helped her make this transition as far as she had. All the employee's of Nanotech corporation were so great about everything. They sent a team to her house to get her packed up and then they bused her to the Tucson spaceport. They helped her out of her house and made sure that her journey was comfortable. When they stopped it was at a Nanotech waystation that had every convenience for a person her size or larger. There was a medical staff that was always checking on how she was doing and seeing if she was comfortable.

The thing that amazed her was how much everyone liked fat people. It was not as if she had a disease. In fact her size was the average of all the people she saw getting ready for the trip to the moon. This was such a weird thing to get used to. She was accustomed to accusatory stares, but now she was considered normal, even cute. It was quite a change to wrap her head around.

"Here we are; sorry about not thinking about it earlier," said Brad.

Instead of the regular sturdy wide wheelchair you would expect, there was a very comfortable-looking chair with no arms. Brad helped Tina get situated and then he continued to roll the chair down the jetway and into the spaceplane. It was a very large plane. There was one central aisle which was wide enough for Brad to wheel the chair down. On either side there were berths with wide doorways. The door's were pocket doors so they did not swing, making more room available. Brad rolled Tina into berth number 12.

The berth was dominated by what looked like a large bed with uprights at the foot and at the head. The only remaining things in the room was some electric and computer equipment at the foot of the bed and a chair that
    Brad was going to strap into for the flight.

Brad locked the brakes on the chair and helped Tina get herself moved over so she could sit on the side of the bed. Tina was winded by the time she had settled down on the bed.

"How long have you been working for Nanotech, Brad?" asked Tina.

"I've been working here as a space transfer tech for about four years. I was a med tech on A Full Moon for a couple of years before that. I enjoy doing what I am doing now the most though," said Brad.

"Why is that? Don't fat people disgust you? I mean we did this to ourselves didn't we? I'm ashamed and embarrassed that I can't walk twenty feet without stopping and gasping for breath."

"Tina, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You know why I enjoy doing what I do? I love to see the butterfly come out of the cocoon. Yes, you are fat. But there is nothing wrong with that. You have been programmed to think that because you are fat you are bad. It's just not true. You are just different. Soon you will be on the Moon and I want to see you dancing."

"Dancing! I can't walk ten steps."

"You will be dancing soon. Now let's get you ready to make the trip. Here, let me wheel this chair out to the jetway then I will be ready to get you set for the trip."

Tina watched Brad wheel the chair out of the room. She looked down at her belly folded over the top of her knees as she sat on the bed. She looked through the open door of her berth and she could see that another person had been wheeled into the berth across the hallway. She watched as three Nanotech's helped a very large woman onto the bed across the hall. The techs were smiling and talking to their passengers. Tina started to smile. If her comrade in arms across the hall were willing to make the trip, then she would as well. Tina made a mental note to get to know the lady across the hall.

Brad returned and worked the lock to shut the door, then turned around and said, "Tina I am going to need you to strip. Unfortunately, Null-Grav transport is not caring as far as modesty goes. Can you put all your clothes and worldly possessions in this bag right here? I will help you get up so we can get you undressed."

"Is that what you say to every girl?"

"Yup, now you're getting it. On a serious note, I have seen both men and women naked and I actually try to give you a semblance of privacy. Once we get you all set in Null-Grav I can project a hologram to cover you up."

"You say the sweetest things."

"I think we might make a Lunar citizen of you yet."

Brad helped Tina get undressed, and then helped her lay down on the bed. Once she was laying down with the bed forming to make her comfortable, Brad started working with the computers and related equipment at the foot of the bed. First he turned on the Null-Grav field.

"Okay, Tina, you are going to start feeling yourself going weightless. Enjoy the experience. I will also be starting to turn on the air jets that will keep you in place. These will help to buffer you so that you won't float out of the Null-Grav field. This field will be conformed as close as I can make it to your body. That's why you are naked. Also once I get everything set I can set the hologram."

Brad continued to work on making the airflow right to keep Tina fixed in place. As he worked on getting the airflow adjusted he lowered the bed so it was no longer supporting Tina.

Tina was hovering in place like you would see in a magic show - a sight to behold. Her belly, which had always been forced down with its own weight, was able to float jiggling in front of Tina. Everything was still where it had been, but her folds and flab were able to float rather than sit one on top of the other.

"Wow, this really feels weird, and great at the same time," said Tina.

"When you get up to the spaceport you can get off the wheel which is less than Moon grav, but still has some gravity to some of the rooms they have on the hub. Off the hub is where most of the incoming and outgoing ships dock. There is also storage area there too. But there are several entertainment venues that allow you to float around a padded room weightless."

"That sounds like fun!"

"Yeah, most people who make the trip spend at least an hour or two floating around. There are bars in the hub and weightless dance rooms as well. It's sort of like a mixture of dancing and swimming, I say. It's great exercise. My wife and I love to do it. Our favorite place is Neo."

"How does your wife let you work around all these naked women?" Tina chuckled.

"She does not mind as long as I know where to come home to."

"I'm sorry I pried."

"Hey, no problem. If your layover is long enough maybe I could introduce you to Sheila."

"Wait a minute - you live on the spaceport."

"Yup, Sheila is the director of the spaceport and every off night or so I end up stationside. I keep an apartment in Tucson, but I spend most of the time I'm not working or sleeping on the spacestation. We'll be there soon. I'm about finished with getting you set. Is there anything you want to watch on the vid while I strap myself in for takeoff?"

"Nah, just keep talking to me. I'm kind of nervous."

"You got it. Tina, you're going to be just fine."

"I know I will."

4. Mar 24, 2006 #4

Durin

Durin

Durin

Chapter Four

Director's Office
    Space Station Delta

Sheila Hamilton was seated at her desk listening to her daily security briefing. Sheila's desk conformed to her body size. Her chair cupped her 1785-Terran-pound frame gently as she arrayed the various screens and vids in a manner that was comfortable for her. Also, because her arms were shorter than her massive front, desks for papers and various things were floating right within her reach with with some creative engineering. Sheila sipped a large sealed cup that was filled with her favorite mocha coffee.

Leila Duggan, the captain in charge of Space Station Delta security, was showing the evidence of a forced body change crime to Sheila. She also sat in a chair that hovered next to Sheila's as they watched the security Vid. Leila Duggan was a tough-looking woman who weighed about 326 Terran pounds. She did not rise to the top of the space station security team because she was a shrinking violet. She was a strong lady who was perfectly capable of dropping a strong man in a second.

"Here is the scene of the med techs taking care of Elizabeth Moon. They have yet to determine the scope of the alteration. Perhaps with some time they can at least neutralize the subject's compulsions and stabilize her mass," said Leila.

Elizabeth Moon was an exotic dancer at Neo's. Apparently records had been faked of her taking a private shuttle to the moon for a weekend. When Elizabeth never returned, her boss noticed and notified station security. She had been missing for two weeks and many feared for her. She was found in the second ring that Space Station Delta had under construction. Someone had sealed a room and rigged it for life support. One work company for the second ring had stumbled across this room by accident. Security was contacted once the crew had seen the condition of Elizabeth inside.

Medical techs were sent to care for Elizabeth as her body was not able to be mobile in even the partial moon gravity of the spacestation. Elizabeth weighed 3782 Terran pounds when she was found. She would weigh 627 lunar pounds, which would have given her mobility problems.

Sheila watched the vid, and while she was disgusted at the person who would force such a radical body change on another, she could not help thinking how beautiful Elizabeth looked.

"My husband, Brad, has the most knowledge of Nanotechnology and he might be the best person to see if we can slow down her body change. What is her rate of mass acceleration?" asked Sheila.

"She more than doubled her body weight in about two weeks. I think we will have to find a solution soon. I know theoretically it's possible, but I don't know what the demands of a 7000-Terran-pound body would be," replied Leilla.

5. Nov 14, 2007 #5

Durin

Durin

Durin

Chapter Five

Delta Shuttle 23
    Tucson Space Port

Brad Wellstone admired Tina’s courage in the face of a lot of technology that all had to work correctly. Brad could see her face via a strategically placed mirror on the ceiling and could tell that she was praying as her eyelids were shut tightly. He knew with the music he had was playing that she was relaxing, with its subliminal messages telling her to rest and be calm. It was amazing what the brain could do with such messages.

Many clients after transfer sometimes complained that the music they played had subliminal messages urging them to eat and eat and eat and eat. The fact was they had been tested and contained no messages of the sort. The reason transfer cases often continued to gain weight exponentially was that without the constraint of mass taken into consideration with their binging, there was nothing to hold them back.

Brad knew that the scariest part of the journey was about to begin. Their spaceplane was about the size of an old 747. There were 30 Null-Grav berths and 200 XXL seats on the spaceplane. They sat atop one of the largest airplanes built since the Spruce Goose.

As amazing as this spaceplane was, it was old technology compared to the Space Elevator that would be opening up for business in three years. Scientists had finally cracked the code on a fiber that would be strong enough to stretch from the earth to a counter-weighting asteroid.

Finally space travel would become inexpensive for the masses. The one thing it would not be was quick. A trip from Earth to the orbit would take you about a month to make. And that was the high-speed car.

There were many people who could not afford the trip Tina was making, especially as a Null-Grav passenger, which cost about twice as much. In order to make this trip Tina had to spend $2,000,000 on a lifetime package, which included her trip, Null-Grav treatment and lifelong residency in one of the standard lunar condominiums. You can see that it was not an alternative available to most super-obese people.

Even excluding the Null-Grav procedure, a transfer to Lunar living costs about $500,000. Not exactly accessible to the poorest among us. Most folks who made the trip sell the majority of their worldly possessions, and float the rest of the fare on a loan financed by, you guessed it, Nanotech.

It seemed to Brad, as he thought of how many space ventures Nanotech was involved in, that they had their finger in just about every pie. They even owned half of the new Space Elevator project. The rest of the money was being put up by a very wealthy Saudi prince, who realized that oil energy was so last millennium and that the future was dependent on helium 3.

The one thing that heartened Brad as he thought about this was that it would finally relieve the problem of super-obese people in the United States. The United States Obesity Epidemic had increased exponentially from even where it stood ten years ago. The U.S. had decided that it was futile to even talk about being overweight anymore, since 100% of its population, except for a select few, were at least obese.

Like countries sometimes have to do to reflect the fact of inflation when they declare a dime is now a penny and a dollar is now a quarter, or when they just decide to move the decimal place over two spots, that's what has occurred in relations to the so-called Obesity Epidemic.

The Surgeon General, who weighed about 375 pounds herself, decided to change the categories by which the obese had been cataloged about seven years ago. They decided to drop the classification of overweight because it applied to so few. They did not want to stop classifying those people with a BMI over 30 as obese, so they kept that classification and bumped up the end number where people were considered normally obese at 50 BMI. So interestingly enough, the 375-pound Surgeon General just happened to be classified as the new normal, taking a large chunk of what supposedly were morbidly obese people into that category.

The Surgeon General decided to drop the title “morbidly” from obese, since it just sounded so mean. The next categories of obesity were labeled extra-obese or xobese for short, which were all the folks who had a BMI between 50-100. Most folks who weighed anything from 350-850 pounds were considered xobese.

Then there were the supra-obese. These folks had a BMI of 100 and up. Most supra-obese weigh anything from 650 on up. There is a proportion of the supra-obese who weigh more than 1500 pounds and have BMI’s over 200. As you can tell, mobility for the supra-obese was the number one issue in their lives.

As of Brad’s last reading of the news before he clocked in this morning these were the statistics in the newspaper:

60% of Americans XObese
    22% of Americans SUPRA-OBESE
    Experts Vow to stop rampant Obesity epidemic.
    Site Lunar role models as part of the problem.
    Stress importance of Diet and Exercise

Opposite that article was a vid showing a couch-bound boy watching television which contrasted with a vid of the same boy with a fresh haircut and a form-fitting flight suit hanging weightless in mid-air, sandwiched between two blond girls twice his size floating arm in arm. Below that vid was a still picture of an xobese with curly red hair biting into an ├ęclair with the words “Why Diet?” written above her head. Most supra-obese were in the process of raising the money to make the trip to the moon.

But many still could not afford the trip or Null-Grav technology. Brad looked forward to the Space Elevator opening because it would bring the affordability of lunar living down even more. He had not turned in his application for working on the Space Elevator and he knew he would soon need to be looking for another job. He did not want to be separated from his Sheila for a month at a time. Brad could not lose seeing his wife everyday. She was his love and he would not be parted from her, so he would just have to find another vocation. The only good thing about the spaceplane being put out of business by the elevator was that he would not have to pull four Gs five times a day during his work week.

Brad felt the release of the spaceplane from its mother aircraft. Then he felt the rockets kick in and he was pushed unmercifully back into his seat. And just before he thought the universe was going to squeeze him into Jello, the acceleration stopped and they had reached beyond the bonds of Earth’s gravity.

6. Dec 19, 2007 #6

luvfanny

luvfanny

luvfanny

Very detailed and interesting concept. Can't wait to read future chapters detailing the gorging these XObese and SuperObese women do. MMMMM... 5000, 6000 terran pounders! Let's get a cute woman into yet a higher category!!!

7. Dec 21, 2007 #7

Zoom

Zoom

Zoom

Rogue

8. Dec 21, 2007 #8

BTB

BTB

BTB

a nut, but not just a nut

a fun read, thanks Durin.

9. Dec 22, 2007 #9

IrishBard

IrishBard

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!

Nice one, Durin, i really enjoyed reading it!

10. Jun 8, 2008 #10

fatcat00f

fatcat00f

fatcat00f

Thanks, the excellent story!

11. Oct 9, 2012 #11

fat hiker

fat hiker

fat hiker

What a great story!