A GIANT Caramel Apple, Anyone?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
My lovely husband came home yesterday with an surprise for me. (I have him trained so well!:p)
It was a huge caramel apple covered in 3 different chocolates! The container says it will serve 8-10 people! It was so beautiful that I hated to cut it, but what's the point of having a chocolate-covered caramel apple if you can't eat it?! It was good...the chocolate and caramel were of very good quality. The granny smith apple was very tart, but crisp and went well with the sweetness. The only mistake I made was by putting it in the fridge. The chocolate and caramel got hard. :doh: Enjoy the pics! I still have most of it left...wish I could share with you all!

View attachment 100_3279.JPG

View attachment 100_3283.JPG

View attachment 100_3287.JPG

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
My lovely husband came home yesterday with an surprise for me. (I have him trained so well!:p)
It was a huge caramel apple covered in 3 different chocolates! The container says it will serve 8-10 people! It was so beautiful that I hated to cut it, but what's the point of having a chocolate-covered caramel apple if you can't eat it?! It was good...the chocolate and caramel were of very good quality. The granny smith apple was very tart, but crisp and went well with the sweetness. The only mistake I made was by putting it in the fridge. The chocolate and caramel got hard. :doh: Enjoy the pics! I still have most of it left...wish I could share with you all!
Serves 8 - 10? Who, what, 8 - 10 smurfs? I say, maybe two. But, it sure looks good. I bought some chocolate covered apples from HSN once and they were really good. I hope you enjoy it.
And yes, your hubby sounds great!!

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
I was gifted one of those over the holidays by one of my favorite aunts. It had milk and dark chocolate, carmel and nuts on it. Was delish...:eat2:

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Mmmmmm! That looks delicious!

Tell me you weren't at least a little tempted to try and hold it by the stick and just take a big bite out of it like a regular caramel apple? Because that's what I would've done! lol I wouldn't be able to resist! :eat2:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
Mmmmmm! That looks delicious!

Tell me you weren't at least a little tempted to try and hold it by the stick and just take a big bite out of it like a regular caramel apple? Because that's what I would've done! lol I wouldn't be able to resist! :eat2:
LOL! Well, it is pretty big and since it had been in the fridge, it was a bit too hard to sink my teeth into! Had it been room temperature, I would have!! ;)

Fyreflyintheskye

☯tae kwan donut champ☯
I'm really starting to love your husband, too. Will you put in a good word for me? :p :eat2:

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
Serves 8 - 10? Who, what, 8 - 10 smurfs? I say, maybe two. But, it sure looks good. I bought some chocolate covered apples from HSN once and they were really good. I hope you enjoy it.
And yes, your hubby sounds great!!
It probably feeds more like 3-4. It is pretty big and sweet...but I guess if one was hungry enough they could eat the whole thing. Not me...well, at least not in one sitting! ;):D

Fyreflyintheskye

☯tae kwan donut champ☯
LOL! I'll share anything with you, even my yummy caramel chocolate apple. But my husband?? NO WAY! Although I can ask him to buy you a caramel apple! :D
yeah, but... chocolate makes me haaaawh-nyy. I can't seal this deal :p Tell your hubby I said "It's ovah!"

Geesh le meesh *sigh*

Nice apple, though :smitten: They look giantastic like the WS ones. MmmmM.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
ChubbyBubbles:
That apple looks yummy and what a nice sweet gift for you and hubby to share on Valentines Day.

For those who can't get to BJ's or may have missed the HSN - I thought that I would list the link to Mrs. Prindables- check their line of stuff- pretty neat

Gourmet Apples

http://www.mrsprindables.com/?s=gbd&kw=ms_prindables

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
ChubbyBubbles:
That apple looks yummy and what a nice sweet gift for you and hubby to share on Valentines Day.

For those who can't get to BJ's or may have missed the HSN - I thought that I would list the link to Mrs. Prindables- check their line of stuff- pretty neat

Gourmet Apples

http://www.mrsprindables.com/?s=gbd&kw=ms_prindables
Now that is tempting. These look awesome. You can also get Mrs. Prindables on QVC.com at a better price. Sometimes it is cheaper to get items from there or HSN, then directly from the seller.

Flyin Lilac

Jumped-up fahk.
I experienced a couple of FABULOUS apples from Harry & David. Pricey as all get-out, but I had a gift card so I didn't care. Two huge Granny Smiths, both covered with caramel. One was then covered in milk chocolate with dark & white chocolate drizzle, and the other was covered in milk chocolate and then rolled in their Moose Munch concoction (toffee, nuts, chocolate, etc.). Basically an applegasm.

And yeah they're made to serve 8 or so people, but it only took me 2 sittings to polish one off. And I'd do it again!

Latest posts