• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A Growing Problem in the Wasteland - by Angelstryker (~BBW, Sci-fi , Preg, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelStryker

~BBW, Sci-fi Adventure, Preg, ~SWG - strongminded heroine's adventures in post-disaster Washington

A Growing Problem in the Wasteland
(A story based on the post-apocalyptic videogame Fallout 3)
by AngelStryker

After successfully activating Project Purity and taking care of the Enclave with the help of the computerized brain known as President John Henry Eden, Vanessa, the lady known to most as “The Vault Hero” )among other names) had finally decided to find a home for herself.

The place that she chose ended up being Rivet City since it was widely regarded as one of, if not the most secure facility in the entire Capital Wasteland. In the two years that had passed since the success of Project Purity, Vanessa had kept herself busy with… more adventures and exploring, as if nothing had changed. You could say that adventuring was her past time and helping others ran in her blood.

But, one major aspect in Rivet City almost caused her to completely give it up. That was a man that she had fallen in love with, Butch, the head of the now defunct Vault 101 Tunnel Snakes. While it did surprise most in the end, the fact that they were happy was enough for all others wondering.

After months had passed since they fell for each other, it still hadn’t started to make sense to the citizens of the City. She was the conquering hero of the Capital Wasteland while he was the leader of a gang that had run wild through one of the underground vaults. He also had garnered a reputation of being a coward, but over the past few years he had worked hard to rid himself of it.

Another thing that had, at first, made everyone wonder how they meshed was the drastic difference in their demeanors. Butch was the (more often than not) troublemaker who had been doing some growing up lately, mostly thanks to her influence, while she was more passive most of the time. Although, she was known to have a bad side if you were to cross her.

Today though, she was set to head to the Lincoln Memorial for a check-in with the members of The Temple of the Union survivors. Every 4 months she would set out to make sure they hadn’t been killed or taken back to Paradise Falls by slavers. But, just like always, Butch would try as hard as he could to talk her into taking someone with her and not go out alone through downtown D.C.

“I’ll be fine, it’s not like this’ll be the first time that I’ve gone through there, Butch”

“Things are different in the ruins now, there’s more Raiders than there ever were Super Mutants before Project Purity. Most of’em have access to purified water too, so that means they’re healthier as well!” he pleads with her.

“So you’re telling me that I should be more worried now that I don’t have to deal with the large, green Super Mutants and instead have to deal with the smaller Raiders?” she asks.

“Nessa, you know what I mean. There’s more to fight off than usual’s what I’m saying.”

“Listen Butch, I’ll be perfectly fine. I’m just going to the memorial and coming straight back anyways, no detours.” she assured him while putting on her Raider Sadist Armor.

“Well, I’m starting to see that there’s no talking you out of going there by yourself.” He started to leave before noticing the custom painted crimson Raider Armor and turning away from it. “Why do you still wanna wear that pile of junk? We could get you some better looking armor from Flak and Shrapnel.”

“I’ve told you already, it’s easy to slip into and with all the Raiders around the Wastes, it’s easy to maintain since most Raiders where armor like this and I can use there’s to fix mine if… it… needs it…” she told him while struggling slightly, which wasn't usuallythe case, to slip into the revealing armor.

After noticing this, he smirks to himself, “Looks like life in Rivet City’s agreeing with you, Nessa.”

“Huh?”

“Looks to me like you’re having problems fitting in that armor, trying too many of Staley’s cakes?”

“Oh shut it, after traveling all the time for so long and then living in one place the majority of the time, what’d you expect to happen?” she asks him.

“It don’t bother me, just that you’ll either have to expand that armor or watch what you eat a little closer.” he tells her while helping her tug the garments on. “There, all done.”

I’ll be fine, I just won’t indulge as much as much anymore when I’m around Gary (Staley) is all,” she tolds him after noticing how her stomach and sides were slightly poochung out over the edge of her armor.

“Fine, ok. Now what guns were you taking with you on the trip?”

“Umm… The Sniper Rife, the shotgun, and Chinese Assault Rifle.”

“Ok, here’s the Sniper, the Assault Rifle and… Which shotgun? Combat or Sawed-Off?” he asks holding one in each hand.

“Combat.” she tells him while taking it from his left hand.

After about half an hour of her preparing for her trip, they are both at the bridge to Rivet City, saying their goodbyes until she returns.

“Take care of yourself, alright?” he tells her as they embrace in a tender hug.

“I will, you just worry about taking care of yourself and staying out of trouble while I’m gone.”

“I’ve been doing that for a couple years now, that’s no problem.” he responds before embracing in a kiss and watching her go.

“Gimme about two weeks to get there, I’ll try to see if they have a radio that I can contact you with over there once I get there though.” she yells to him before disappearing behind a building.

He sighs after losing sight of her.

“Two weeks can‘t pass soon enough…” he thinks to himself, already worried about her.

It had been ten days since Vanessa had left Rivet City on her way to the Lincoln Memorial to check on Hannibal and his group of followers. By this time she had indeed run into quite a few Raiders, loads of them to be exact, but none had caused any trouble to her. Minor bumps in the road is probably the best thing to call them.

“Ah, there the blasted place is..” she tells herself as she notices the large structure at the end of the D.C. Plaza. Turns out, the trip didn’t take the whole two weeks like she expected, she had made it there with four days to spare.

“Guess it’s been longer than I thought since I last traveled here, I could’ve swore that it took longer… Guess I’m just used to running into more prob-” she starts to think to herself but is interrupted by a loud explosion coming from behind her.

Just as she spins around to see what caused the explosion she’s hit in the head with debris from said explosion, causing her to stumble and fall to a knee as a stream of blood begins to slide down the left side of her head, barely missing going in her eye and impairing her vision.

“Gah!… Wha… what caused that?” she wonders, still groggy from the knock on the head as a set of footsteps begin to grow louder and heavier as the seconds tick away.

After a few more seconds of gathering her thoughts, she decides to duck and hide in a nearby bunker that happened to have a tarp in it. After jumping the barricade, she picks up the tarp and throws it over herself, making sure that she can see out of a little sliver of space between it and the ground.

“Agh…. My head…” she whispers to herself, still trying to clear out all the cobwebs in her head while staying as motionless as she could get.

“From… the sounds of those footsteps, it must be a Behemoth.” she whispered to herself under her breath before hearing another set of footsteps that sounded like a person’s. From the sounds of it also, it sounded like he or she was running from the Behemoth as well and not being as lucky as she had been so far.

“I gotta get outta here!” she hears someone yell out and deems him to be who the lighter steps belong to before another explosion erupts from that same direction. A few seconds later, debris begins to land on the tarp which she suspects to be rocks and possibly blood. After the debris stops falling a strained voice can be heard moaning and another stronger and deeper voice can be heard laughing.

A few more seconds pass by and a hand slides into her view. It’s followed by another that seems to be pulling the rest of the person’s body across the pavement. The explosion had left the man’s body in horrible condition, cuts and scrapes lined his body. Both of his legs had been blown off due to the blast, the left leg right below the knee and the right leg right above the knee. Hoping that he wouldn’t see her and draw attention to her, she sat still and perfectly quiet despite her head aching still from the still-bleeding wound on her forehead.

As the person’s head slowly dips, his eyes cross and notice her under the tarp.

“It… it’s you.” he tells her amid pain.

Sensing that she might as well respond since he’s going to keep talking no matter what she does, she acknowledges him, “Do I know you?”

“I’m from… Big..Town, it’s… me… Timebomb…”

“Timebomb!” she responds, a little louder than she meant to be. “Timebomb, what are you doing in the D.C. ruins?”

“I… was scavenging… Things in BigTown are… a mess… Our supplies ran out… And Bittercup is pregnant now… So… we needed more… supplies…”

As he continues explaining all the happenings through his wincing and labored breathing about Bittercup being pregnant and demanding more food due to the life growing within her, and Red needing more supplies to keep everyone healthy to an extent, she hears the heavy footsteps begin to creep closer once more. She knew that if the Behemoth finds Timebomb he’s dead and she might be as well. She had to make a choice of either going quiet and letting the Behemoth take Timebomb, or try to save him by pulling him under the tarp and risk getting caught as well…

Ok, what happens next is up to the readers. Does she try to save him and jeopardize her life further? Or leave him there and keep herself safe from harm? Up to you, whichever choice gets the most votes is what'll happen. A week from now, I'll decide.

(continued in post 5 of this thread)

Latest posts

Back