A new board segment -- Events?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Cat

Gone baby gone
Why not put the "events" portion of the site on this too? Individuals can post their upcoming social events and edit at will.

As you probably know, I haven't updated the events area in aaaaages, but
I'd be happy to monitor a new Events board though. Keep it clean and on topic, fer instance.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
That sounds like a great idea, Cat,.... and you could have pinned threads that are set up by region so it would be easy for people to find out what's in their area.

:)

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
Cat said:
Why not put the "events" portion of the site on this too? Individuals can post their upcoming social events and edit at will.

As you probably know, I haven't updated the events area in aaaaages, but
I'd be happy to monitor a new Events board though. Keep it clean and on topic, fer instance.

Yes, I did notice that the Events section has been a bit behind. :) And having an Events board is a good idea as long as someone moderates it.

Cynthia

Cat said:

It would be neat if people could also share event organizing tips -- creative activities, effective marketing strategies, etc. I don't actually plan any SA things myself, but I think that it would be a useful tool for those who do.

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
Webmaster said:
Yes, I did notice that the Events section has been a bit behind. :) And having an Events board is a good idea as long as someone moderates it.

That would be an awesome addition, not just because we run dances :)

I get emails from people all over the country asking about dances, I could just send them to this forum and they could find events in their local area.

Maybe it could be an Events Forum and then there can be a a section for each state - or a section for a region or something so it wouldn't be cluttered and easy to navigate.

I totally volunteer to moderate.

Hugs,
Heather

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
HeatherBBW said:
Maybe it could be an Events Forum and then there can be a a section for each state - or a section for a region or something so it wouldn't be cluttered and easy to navigate.

Hey, that's a really good suggestion, why didn't I think of that?? :rolleyes:

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
AnnMarie said:

If the traffic warrants it I can set up a separate board section with regional boards. I've seen that in other places.

Also note that I managed to place the personal stuff to the left and the text to the right. I think this looks better and reads easier.

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
Webmaster said:
If the traffic warrants it I can set up a separate board section with regional boards. I've seen that in other places.

Also note that I managed to place the personal stuff to the left and the text to the right. I think this looks better and reads easier.

Definitely like it better on the left, it's then all right there to view all in one. Good job! :D

As for an events board, I would be happy to monitor it and also procure people for posting by contacting the event coordinators that I know and welcome them to begin posting, etc.

Also, I am not sure if there is a control area for certain categories of monitors, but I could set up the actually sub-sections of the new board and save you some work if you are able to set me to be able to do that without compromising the rest of the boards.

Just let me know if ya need me :)

Hugs,
Heather

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
I actually just checked out the Calendar and I was able to add my event for this Saturday.

I don't think the calendar will get much exposure unless there is a sticky thread telling people to look there, but it might be a good solution to include events.

P.S. Conrad if there is a problem with the event I added to the calendar, feel free to delete it. I am not sure if you are on board with that. But let me know either way what you want to do with an events section and if it's okie to post in the calendar.

Hugs,
Heather

missaf

Yeah I think a moderated regional events board would be great! You could probably start archiving those kinds of messages earlier too.

I think the moderation would be good since it would ensure that all posts have the pertinent details and meet all the criteria set forth by Conrad.

Cat

Gone baby gone
Webmaster said:

Build it...and they will come. ;-)

Thanks for moving the personal stuff to the left. That's awesome!

HeatherBBW

Nerd-like.
DimensionsModel
AnnMarie said:

LOL ya big dork - you know that you just read my mind and posted my thoughts first - tsk tsk trying to get all the credit and stuff LOL

Latest posts