Quantcast

a survey

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SnapDragon

Filthy Letch
http://www.yelsaeb.com/bfcsurvey/

Yelsa has kindly programmed a survey I wrote to find out more about the fat admiring populace and fat people. The survey is to compare all people of all orientations and sizes, and we also need a control group, so feel free to invite non fat-admiring friends to contribute. The results will be anonymous and will be used to provide much-needed statistics to back up the Wikipedia entries and so I can write a research document to go on the BFC articles site. You can view the raw data from the survey at http://www.yelsaeb.com/bfcsurvey/results/statistics.php

Please help raise awareness and accurate representation of fat admiration by taking the time to fill in the survey.

-SnapDragon.

Yelsa

http://www.yelsaeb.com/bfcsurvey/

Yelsa has kindly programmed a survey I wrote to find out more about the fat admiring populace and fat people. The survey is to compare all people of all orientations and sizes, and we also need a control group, so feel free to invite non fat-admiring friends to contribute. The results will be anonymous and will be used to provide much-needed statistics to back up the Wikipedia entries and so I can write a research document to go on the BFC articles site. You can view the raw data from the survey at http://www.yelsaeb.com/bfcsurvey/results/statistics.php

Please help raise awareness and accurate representation of fat admiration by taking the time to fill in the survey.

-SnapDragon.
This would explain why there was a sudden spike in the number of results. :)

cute_obese_girl

Herbivore
Just wondering what the thought process was behind the autistic spectrum disorder question. I imagine there is some theory of it possibly being related to FAness.

Sandie S-R

Since this survey is for BHMs and FFAs I am moving it to their forum.

/Mod

Ichida

I completed this survey but it does not have the best choice in phrasing in my opinion - it needs to be made more clear and refined.

It is obviously biased (ie word disgusting), skewing the responses of those responding. A better way would be "I feel good about myself and my preferances 20% or less, between 20-40% of the time, etc etc.

Some of the questions did not apply but there was no option not to pic it. I don't have a preferences for tattos or not - but there is only a yes or no answer.

For example the weight break - how TALL is this partner? Is he fit? That could change my reponse from a 5'5 man of 230 lbs to 6'3 muscular man of 330 lbs.

Clothing prefered - where am I? walking down the street? I think going to party where everyone is dressed casually and seeing a BHM in formal wear would be hot but also odd if they were the only one.

Penis length? What happened to average, or how its used? (Tho the no penis option made me laugh so hard I choked).

Wealth? I am highly successful so I want my partner to have a full time job and feel like he is my equal - but I do not care if he owns a 5 year old car or a brand new one, or if he makes 30,000 or 60,000 - can he keep the money in his wallet is more important.

Number 24 phrasing confused me - Yes i have them yes I do them - but you said i would NOT consider doing them....but I do...so I should click no?

Just my feeling on it, because my end response was NOT what i would actually look for in a man.

Yelsa

Since this survey is for BHMs and FFAs I am moving it to their forum.

/Mod
There was already a thread for this in the BHM/FFA forum. I believe it was deliberately placed in a couple of places so more could see it. *shrug*

Yelsa

I completed this survey but it does not have the best choice in phrasing in my opinion - it needs to be made more clear and refined.
I'd be up to doing an overhaul of the survey with more refined / more questions in the future. If you have some alternate wording that you believe would work better, or more questions to add, please post here (or at the thread on BFC).

SnapDragon

Filthy Letch
The survey is meant to have application to people who like fat people regardless of gender, and we were also looking for a control group. Once again something has been moved conveniently aside because it is thought to be too close to the BHMFFA subculture, which pretty much reinforces why I don't use these boards much these days. Anyway, enough said on that.

Because it's meant to apply to people of so many different sexualities, some of the questions will be redundant and this will be taken into account in the analysis. I've tried to put NA answers in on most of these. For example, if a homosexual woman answers the survey, any answer to do with penises and man boobs will be ignored. If a question doesn't apply to you, just answer no on it. For the tattoo question, if you at all find some of them artistic/attractive, I would say the answer was yes. If you have no preference and aren't bothered, the answer is no. Of course, no could also mean that you hate the things, but the purpose was to find out how many people liked them vs. (other) rather than how many people disapprove of them. The suggestion of a 'medium size' is probably a good suggestion though. The 'tallness' question is also a good idea. The 'fitness' suggestion ties in with another question later on, and this can be compared with the answer to the weight question.

All of the questions are meant to address issues that have been brought up on various fat admiration/ size acceptance boards. The autistic spectrum disorder one is from a thread way back in the Olden Days on the first boards, when a few women said they had autistic spectrum disorders. I wanted to see if there was any correlation with women with ASD prefering fat partners as this might tie in with a theory I read about. The results so far show it doesn't. :)

The 'worried about being thought of as disgusting or unhealthy' comes from a question that often crops up. Lots of people often fear that their relatives or friends will disapprove of their partners. This doesn't mean those people are not happy or satisfied with their own preferences, but that they are bothered by the opinions of people close to them and the pressure of society.

>Number 24 phrasing confused me - Yes i have them yes I do them - but you said i would NOT consider doing them....but I do...so I should click no?

Yes you should click no. We'll have your answer from the previous question and so be able to tell which side you are coming from. So far as the analysis I'll be doing goes, the second one will be ignored if you clicked yes for feederism. The purpose of the second question was to find out how many people are not feeders but are intrigued by the idea of it as a fantasy. If you clicked no for both you are telling us you don't find the idea or practice of feederism interesting at all.