• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

'A ticket for myself and one for my butt'

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
-Mum of four called names like "fat pig" on train
-Buys two tickets so she can silence critics
-Wants people to know discrimination's not OK

A SELF-confessed "super obese" commuter has vowed to buy two train tickets to silence her critics who abuse her for taking up multiple seats.
Despite shedding 60kg in the past year Stephanie Payne says she suffers "countless unprovoked weightism attacks".

The 31-year-old mum of four said she had been called names including "fat pig" and "fat slut" at times in front of her children.

"It happens to me all the time and up until this point I've put up with it," Payne told mX.

"When people tease me, it makes me feel isolated, like I don't have the right to catch a train.

"At least if I buy two tickets I can silence people because I can say I've paid my way, I have one for myself and one for my butt; even though I shouldn't have to do that."

The human services worker reached "breaking point" during her commute from her inner city Melbourne workplace last week when she copped taunts from fellow passengers.

"I am fully aware that others will get on the train and two people can sit down in place of my one," Payne said.

"I want people to know it is not OK to discriminate."

Payne who weighs about 180kg and plans to drop almost another 100kg aims to climb a 46-floor building to raise money for the Cancer Council.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/its...rt/story-e6frfkvr-1226090101941#ixzz1RQUpSaSl
Thoughts on this? Is she being positive? Are people just ass-holes, and always going to be ass-holes and there's not much can be done about it?

Latest posts

Back