Quantcast

Additional forums for Dimensions?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
The more forums, the more camps. The more camps, the more division. The more division, the more fighting and "us vs. them" issues.

A sub-forum on health for parenting/pregnancy makes some sense to me, as it's a size issue and health/wellness related - and so I think subforums are an answer for things like "games", subforum of the lounge. Activism, subforum of the main board, etc.

Other main, large split offs are where issues seem to arise. I just can't stand to see more of it.
I agree with this.

Donna

wait...what?
Since Sub-forums seem to be the concensus, what about a lay out like this:

Main Board
  • Newbies-Intros and Questions
  • Size Acceptance Related Items
  • Activism
  • Health
  • WLS Controversy
  • Travel
  • Events divided by region

Special Interests
  • FA/FFA
  • BBW
  • BHM/FFA
  • GLBTQ
  • Weight Board/Weight Gain forum
  • Fat Sexuality
  • Foodee
  • Clothing/Fashion
  • Parenting/Pregnancy
Off Topic/Socializing
  • Games/Gaming
  • Arts /Entertainment
  • Chat Related Topics
  • Techies
  • Hyde Park
  • The Marketplace
Paysite Board

Library

The bolded are main forums, and the lists are sub forums. That takes things down to five main forums. I didn't list the Library's current sub-forums since it looks like that set-up seems to be working quite well for those that use the library.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
My only concern with everything we have now being tucked in to 5 big ones is that I think things will never be found by those who stumble around, and we'd (from an admin standpoint, and users) have even more newbies just sort of dropping whatever they want anywhere they want, because unless they go into every main and look at all subs, they don't even know we have a weight board, or something along those lines.

I like the idea, but functionality and ultimate user experience would concern me.

Hell, I think we'd even have a million threads from regulars asking where the hell this and that forum went. People are so inherently lazy.

Mathias

SAMCRO
Other than possibly a sub forum for new posters and a sticky showing how everything works (explaining the rep system, how to post pictures, how to send PM's, how to multiquote/ add pictures and links to posts) I think things are fine the way they are.

Zoom

Rogue
I would second a gaming forum, but I have different tastes in games than most people (turn-based 2D games like Angband, Nethack, etc. and other old school stuff) and code my own games, so it wouldn't be of much use to me. But by all means, if enough gamers who like modern 3D stuff want to discuss them with other SA proponents, far be it for me to protest it!

Dromond

Old school
https://www.facebook.com/john.m.pedigo, M
A pregnancy/parenting forum sounds like a good idea, as does a suggestion box type of forum, to talk about issues with the site itself. A forum game subforum would do a lot to declutter the lounge and make it more useful for general non size related stuff. The other suggestions so far seem way too narrow in focus to support their own forum.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
We put a bunch of dummy threads with titles such as "Doing it right - 3 minutes from first contact, I sent her a pic of my doodle" and "What is it with women having standards". When we get a sizable amount, tactical nuke.

___
(_ _)
..| |
..| |
whoosh
Dust off and banammer the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

-Rusty

Jes

is oddly aroused
No one has expressed a Feeder/Feedee board? The topic has a sexual/weight gain overlap with existing boards, but could be a protected forum with all the bells and whistles that feeding requires.

It's contentious and so perhaps it needs its own space, like the WLS board. People wanting fat sex content could avoid feederism if it's not their thing and people wanting the fatty-strapped-to-the-bed thing could get some 1-stop shopping going.

Multiple funnels, no waiting!

Theatrmuse/Kara

Warrior Momma
Hey Conrad...........
I have been thinking about this since you posted the thread. Maybe this is just me being self-serving, but...............what about a Over 50 thread or something like that. The present forums are great... however, the concerns and lifestyles of most of us us older FA/BBW/SSBBWs are a bit different and sometimes very specific. In fact, with the growing fat population, there are more and more of us! ;-)

What do ya think? Big fat hugs, Kara:kiss2:

imfree

In Remembrance
Hey Conrad...........
I have been thinking about this since you posted the thread. Maybe this is just me being self-serving, but...............what about a Over 50 thread or something like that. The present forums are great... however, the concerns and lifestyles of most of us us older FA/BBW/SSBBWs are a bit different and sometimes very specific. In fact, with the growing fat population, there are more and more of us! ;-)

This over 50 (56) year old ChiaHead couldn't agree more!

penguin

Fnord
Hey Conrad...........

There's the thread for 40 and 50 somethings you might want to check out (and threads for the young 'uns and 30 somethings too, if they've missed them).

Theatrmuse/Kara

Warrior Momma
Thanks Penguin.............I did miss that one. No one has posted since March and it was way, WAY down on the list.

Maybe it would be easier to find if listed as a forum? Conrad? Maybe a "Seniors" forum <shudder>, you know what I mean.:doh:
LOL, Kara

imfree

In Remembrance
This over 50 (56) year old ChiaHead couldn't agree more!
Oh my!!!, I just looked over to the left of this post and uuhm, ah, err, well...

My star has risen and it's shinin'!!! This isn't just a senior moment, is it??? Time for an old song!

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
um er what about a Fetish section? where people can discuss there various fetishes? >.>

KuroBara

"She Coo"
Pregnancy and parenting for supersized women.

This is a great idea! I also second the newbie sub-forum. Is there a rule or policy against a dating forum or subforums? I'm not seeing anything sleazy, just a place where sinlges could post an ad and interested people could PM them. I see a number of singles threads, and think it would be neat if there was a forum or sub-forum for them.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Hey Conrad...........

This is a great idea kara.

Latest posts