Age - How much does it matter to you?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

gnoom

cencored by wife
I'm basically into girls who have more life experience, who "look" more maturely and who might become even more "M.I.L.F.y" in the future.

Besides that 11 months of age difference are enough to call her a cougar...:D :D :D

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW
But it's essentially the same type of issues that could be faced...which is the only reason I brought it up.

As I said, it all comes down to preferences, and preferences are all personal.

I know a couple who has been happily married for close to 20 years, coincidentally there is an almost 20 year age difference between them (18 years is the number I believe) and it has worked for them...so while it might not be for everyone, it does work for some.
This is what I said, it works for some and not for others..... I never said that it doesn't work at all.... As you said, personal prefferances play a key role in any relationship at any age... or with any age differences....the wording may be different but the notion is the same.....

Santaclear

User
The phrase that "Age is only a number", is only used by those that are young enough to still believe it. But when those age related health issues and or physical issues are brought forward in the grand scheme of things between a couple, Age does make a difference in so many ways.....
I disagree, especially with the first sentence. I'm only several years younger than you, Grandi, and while I can agree that age makes a difference, ATTITUDE makes a huge difference too.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I prefer older than myself, but you know, not creepy old. I'm 18 and I wouldn't consider anyone over 25 and I'd prefer more like 18-21.

I don't agree that "age is only a number." The older you get, the less age difference seems to matter, but I still think it's important that people be in similar stages of life, which are usually attached to a certain age range.

Jon Blaze

Dusk
https://www.facebook.com/drunkentempest, M
It matters to me to an extent. I can't go much in the younger direction :p, but I would say that I am completely open to dating someone about fifteen to seventeen years olders than me. I'm still open a little farther than that, but less open. :p
I don't think I have a trend. my last ex was only a year older, and the last person I clicked with is in her 30s. So :confused: :p

SoliloquyOfaSiren

Ok, I usually don't do this, but I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment.

Couples with size differences...one partner being thin and the other really overweight.

What about physical issues that they may face. If nothing else, the aches and pains that come along with excess weight. Does that mean the thin partner wouldn't understand or have compassion or even aid with their possible health issues?

Right now there is not a huge age difference between me and my guy, but if there were, and if health issues occurred because of illnesses that come with the onset of age, I'd deal with the. I deal with issues he has because of weight as it is. And I'm supportive, even though I may not completely understand some of the things he is going through.

I have dated someone who was around 15 years older than I am. And I dealt with some issues he had, regarding age and size. No we didn't last, but age and size had nothing to do with it. There were some things he was into that I just couldn't deal with, but that's a story for a later time.

For some people age is just a number. For others, they can't see past the number. However, again, like many things discussed around here, it's all relative to people's preference and situation.

Just as people who are not prepared to deal with issues that may come along with being someone who is really overweight; people who are not prepared to deal with issues that come with age, should not get involved in that situation.

I'm just sayin' to each their own, and while there may be many who go into situations wearing a blindfold or rose-colored glasses, there are others who are fully aware and fully prepared to go into the situation they have chosen. Why? Because it is what they are attracted to, prefer, whatever.

*applauds* You're a very intelligent woman, Banshee.

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW
I disagree, especially with the first sentence. I'm only several years younger than you, Grandi, and while I can agree that age makes a difference, ATTITUDE makes a huge difference too.
This is also true, but then it all goes back to personal prefferance and what an individual person is most comfortable with.

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW
For myself, if I were to date a man, he would surely be only about five years difference in either direction..... anything more than that would just not work because I couldn't keep up with someone too much younger, and if the man were more than five years older, he couldn't keep up with me. There has to be a happy medium for any relationship to work so both party's are happy and it is compatible for both concerned.

Olga_NYC

I don't really like older guys as in significantly older (15-20 years) but someone who is 5-10 years older is okay for me. (I would consider a larger difference if I were attracted to the person, though).

As for younger guys, I would rather not date a younger person than myself. Nothing personal, I'm just not at a time in my life where I feel I have lots of time to waste (i.e. dating for 8 years). I've already been there and would like someone who is more ready to commit (and there is usually a negative correlation between young age and wanting to settle down)

Reactions: Tad

moarbellies

I am always into guys who are so much older than me that it's horribly inappropriate. I'm really into guys who are like 40-50. I'm 18. It's a problem. :[

MamaLisa

Mama Is Extraloveable!
If there is chemistry of some sort and i can hold a conversation i have no issue with age..

the only thing ive found with guys under the age of 28 or so ... they say stupid things, make stupid decisions or childish behaviour is more common, lack of courtesy and respect and i genuinely dont think it was the people acting out of malace.. is just the lack of life experience in years (cos im an old bitch haha)... but im not saying that is all men.. im only saying in my experience. I prefer older men or men my age. So with men.. based on experience.. it matters a lot.

women.. ive found to be a lot more mature even if they are in their early 20's. The courtesy and respect factors are more evident and they have less hang ups in bed.

Again... just my experience and generalisation Keep in mind Aussie men are pretentious, ignorant, racist, sizist assholes... just my comparison to guys from the states for example.

I have a high sex drive so i wouldnt turn down anyone of legal age providing the chemistry and conversation aspects were there.. but taking it further is another story.

Archangel_257

The two women I have seriously dated have been older, one was two years older and the other was 3 almost 4. This isn't to say that I prefer one or the other, just what has happened this far.

ClockworkOrange

A Voice from Catland
I'm about to be 30 on March 4th and I don't think age matters that much. People have a ton of different life textures. Life experience obviously has a huge impact on maturity level, and if you're 18 but you've gone through hell, you may be a bit more mature and independent. But if you've been cradled and pampered all of your life, you may need an awakening :D. I certainly don't judge by something as random as someones age without getting to know the person. I mean, someone you haven't ever talked to could be the most interesting person you've ever known. I like to get to know a lot of people. It enriches life in general. Besides this flexible open minded perspective I will say that....

Intelligence is sexy. Disarm me with your wit and charm, keep up with me in a conversation about everything under the sun, and then watch it set. Make me feel like we're miles away from anything, and all I can think about is you. That's what I'm talking about :)

Oh and btw I'm a drummer. Have been since 5th grade. I'm nothing like what you describe :/ I play guitar too so maybe I used to be but I'm not now. Not very likely though.

Just like to remind ya'll that trying to forum joust someone is ridiculous. It always ends up looking silly. Even if you're right, and even if you win. You know what they say....

JiminOR

Huh huh, it says member
I'm 38, and for the most part I wouldn't date a girl who's younger than 26 or 27. They're just not seasoned enough for my tastes yet. I would make exceptions, there are amazing women who are younger than that, but it's not likely.

As for older, well, I wouldn't want to date a blue hair, but if I found her attractive and we got on well I don't really have an upper limit. The only thing that I've noticed in the few older women that I have dated is that they start acting like a mommy towards you, and that's a huge turn off. But if I were to meet someone 20 years old who didn't shift into that mode definitely go for it.

This is all purely theoretical though. I'm currently with the most wonderful 29 year old, and that aint' gonna change.

logix

Well i try to be open-minded but i think within a 5 year age range of me. I'm 29 but honestly i would say no younger then 18 and no older then 39 for me. But hey beggers can't be picky... or can we? :p

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I know this thread is super old, but it interested me.

Whenever I'm talkin' to the lady folk and they mention, that they're "too old" for me, I just say "You know, Age only matter with Wine and cheese . . . "

But that's just me being dumb.

cammy

bellyphile
Only my own age interests me, anyone else's is their business.

TheMildlyStrangeone

I am always into guys who are so much older than me that it's horribly inappropriate. I'm really into guys who are like 40-50. I'm 18. It's a problem. :[
I don't mean to sound like a dick but that's creepy. I mean, if the person could be your parent then something isn't right. Especially crucial in the age disparity is the fact that you are barely legal. Of course, this is most old perv's wet dream but I hope you don't get involved with some manipulative older men. Just saying this as a warning. I mean, you don't say that you've dated older men but are just into them so I'm guessing nothing has happened as of yet. I just hope you are happy and safe in your quest to quench your yearnings.

Fangs

AmateurArt
I don't mean to sound like a dick but that's creepy.
I understand your concern for her, but I'm sure society views fat attraction with a much higher "creep" rating than a younger girl dating an older guy. My grandparents had a ~35 year age difference.

Back to the original topic:

I've dated younger and older men, but nothing beyond a +/- 5 year difference. Though, I have to admit the younger ones are usually complete failures when it comes to anything beyond physical endurance in bed. I say usually because technically my current boyfriend is almost a year younger than me, but it feels like I'm dating a 40 year old at times. It's all about the mental maturity.

*glances at pile of tummy in bed next to her* I should say good morning *pounce*

Latest posts

Group builder