Quantcast

Alabamaaaa!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Emmy

something witty..
Will be heading to mobile Alabama in Feb for mardi gras asssssss usual :) anyone in the area? Always looking for good seafood/ drinking partner!

SSBHM

Mobile has a Mardi Gras too? Who knew. As good as Nola?

SSBHM

New Orleans was part of the Louisiana Purchase from the French. So, many celebrations in the area have French origins.

Reactions: Aqw

Emmy

something witty..
Wheres Nola? Yes Mobile is A LOT of fun. This year my friend Sara and I are gonna head down to New Orleans for a night as well :)

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I heard that Mobile started the Marti Gras celebrations and New Orleans started after Mobile.

SSBHM

Wheres Nola? Yes Mobile is A LOT of fun. This year my friend Sara and I are gonna head down to New Orleans for a night as well :)
Nola is New Orleans, Louisiana, abbreviated.

Wow! Admin says Mobile started Mardi Gras celebrations and New Orleans followed. Who would have thought it.

Is Sara from the board too?

Wow, 2 beautiful revelers! (I think that's what Mardi Gras celebrators are called.)

Are the traditions for bead collection the same in Mobile as they are in New Orleans? (Had to ask!)

Need or would like any company? Dinner or just drinks somewhere? Do you have a favorite spot? Pat O'Brien's Patio Bar is one of "the" in spots in New Orleans. Anything like that?

Don't mean to intrude if this is a girls' only event for you.

Emmy

something witty..
we have no set plan yet! If anyone is close to either area, the more the merrier :) So long as theres no judgements for drinking..because its vacation after all! Mobile/Florabama/ new orleans :)

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
If i were still in the area, i would hang out :) i highly recommend the Comic Cowboys parade, if you're going to be there for Fat Tuesday. That was always my favorite parade. Also take cash for the porta potty, because folks take them down to the parades and charge per use and the businesses won't allow you to use their restrooms unless you're a customer.

Btw, yes Mobile started Mardi Gras and Nawlins just stole it from us haha. Mobile's mardi gras is usually a good bit more safe than the one in New Orleans.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
That is interesting, I never knew that. I went to Mardi Gras in in New Orleans ages ago and it was a blast!
yeah most people don't know it but we Mobilians are quick to tell folks hahaha I've actually not been to New Orleans mardi gras. I always stayed home for it. I've been to a few of the mardi gras balls and the parades, of course. They're a lot of fun when you're going to them with your friends.

SSBHM

we have no set plan yet! If anyone is close to either area, the more the merrier :) So long as theres no judgements for drinking..because its vacation after all! Mobile/Florabama/ new orleans :)
As long as there is food, and drinking. :)

phoaglan

yeah most people don't know it but we Mobilians are quick to tell folks hahaha I've actually not been to New Orleans mardi gras. I always stayed home for it. I've been to a few of the mardi gras balls and the parades, of course. They're a lot of fun when you're going to them with your friends.
Do you know what you call a book made in Mobile?

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
Funny story, but it does pertain to the current discussion a little. I wish I had thought about it a couple of weeks ago. Some friends and I were going to Panama beach for spring break in 1993. We were on the highway when the driver and navigator I will call her got into an argument about which exit to take. This was before Google maps mind you, but it got so heated that the driver at the time just decided to go straight on. We ended up in Mobile before anyone decided to say something lol! That was the first and only time I've ever been to Mobile Alabama! :D

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Funny story, but it does pertain to the current discussion a little. I wish I had thought about it a couple of weeks ago. Some friends and I were going to Panama beach for spring break in 1993. We were on the highway when the driver and navigator I will call her got into an argument about which exit to take. This was before Google maps mind you, but it got so heated that the driver at the time just decided to go straight on. We ended up in Mobile before anyone decided to say something lol! That was the first and only time I've ever been to Mobile Alabama! :D
lol that's hilarious because that's a good 2 1/2 hr drive. i'm surprised nobody said anything when y'all crossed the Alabama line hahaha

Latest posts