Quantcast

Album of the year 2013

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
So it's getting to the end of the year, the last few albums are coming out over the next couple of weeks. So I have to ask you all this, What was your favourite album of the year? Has it been a good one for you guys?

In my opinion it's been a pretty good year musically. One of my best has been David Bowie's - Next Day. Ten years out of the business and his comeback is fantastic, it seems like he's been storing up everything that's been coming into his head for a decade. Even if the album only had the title track I would've been happy.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
Because, I think, as we all get older....or whatever..we tend to settle into...old music. What we've always like. What we're long comfortable with. The soundtracks of our (entire) lives (thus far).

When, in all reality, good, if not very good or great music is still being made.

We just haven't yet realized it as much.

I dunno, it's tough for me to single one album out as the very best. But there's one I would get out of the way, straight away. Just because it's so intimate. I can see how it might be embarrassing for some of us to even talk about:

by Neko Case

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
My favorites to date this year.

1. Marshall Matehrs LP2 - Eminem
2. Mechanical Bull - Kings of Leon
3. Magna Carta - Jay Z
4. Random Access Memories - Daft Punk
5. Reflektor - Arcade Fire
6. One True Vine - Mavis Staples

I don't know if any one of these will win album of the year, but they are my personal favorites.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Also in my list

Depeche Mode - Delta Machine
Bastille - Bad Blood
Queens of the Stone Age - Like Clockwork...

Latest posts