Quantcast

Aldi Love

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
i've always wanted to shop at Aldi,seems there are new locations popping up around here,i hear it's the Wal-Mart killer but i will have to see.:p

imfree

In Remembrance
i've always wanted to shop at Aldi,seems there are new locations popping up around here,i hear it's the Wal-Mart killer but i will have to see.:p
They're giving Wally a run for the money, here, in Lebanon, Tn., by pricing eggs below $.50 a dozen.

shinyapple

crunchy in milk
The closest Aldi is approximately 1,000 miles away. :doh:
Have you hit WinCo since they've moved into the state, Fuzzy? I loved them when I lived in WA and I was really excited to see them here. I'm even willing to drive the twenty minutes into Roy to get to the one near me. The cost savings is worth it.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
They're giving Wally a run for the money, here, in Lebanon, Tn., by pricing eggs below $.50 a dozen.
They beat WalMart food prices in almost every category.

thanks guys! :D i always wondered because everyone i talked to that has shopped at Aldi always says "it's better then Wal-Mart" so i always wondered.LOL and i do hear there prices are low and the aisles are like shorter and more convient then Wal-Mart.lol

MLadyJ

We have an Aldis right here in town and I've got to say I have scored some great bargains there..like Butterball turkeys for approx. 50 cents per pound. I'm going shopping today so Aldis sounds like a good place to start. Oh, and xmas they have soft ginger bread cookies that are to die for..:happy:

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
Aldi's "Phaser" batteries, at $1.99 per 8-pack, are real purchasing power against the national brands and seem to last just as long, at a fraction of their price!
AWESOME! im a man that can NEVER EVER have to many batteries.:D:bow::happy:

MisticalMisty

Rob and I went today and we got a large basket of groceries for $79. I was going to take a pic of everything..but we had to put it up quickly.

I'm excited that they showed a circular and they are supposed to have the stuffed clams next week. I hope that they do!

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Had the mushroom risotto last night, a special item from their Italian food celebration last month. Very, very tasty... I wish I bought more than two boxes.

They still had a few items leftover last week, so I'll be seeing if I can scrounge up a box or two next time I go.

Duchess of York

HABETIS BONA DEUM
Rob and I went today and we got a large basket of groceries for $79. I was going to take a pic of everything..but we had to put it up quickly.

I'm excited that they showed a circular and they are supposed to have the stuffed clams next week. I hope that they do!
I know you live in TX and I am in PA, however, today was my first trip to Aldi and I specifically looked for the stuffed clams and they had two slider freezer sections full of them. I was hesitant to buy them (even though they looked delicious) as I didn't know how "fishy" they would make the house smell when baking them.

MisticalMisty

I know you live in TX and I am in PA, however, today was my first trip to Aldi and I specifically looked for the stuffed clams and they had two slider freezer sections full of them. I was hesitant to buy them (even though they looked delicious) as I didn't know how "fishy" they would make the house smell when baking them.
They don't smell or taste fishy what so ever. Get them..they are tasty! We have another pack in the freezer that will be tomorrow's dinner!

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
There is an ALDI close to me so I go there often enough. Their produce is always fresh and very inexpensive- even more so than the local farmer's market.
Eggs and milk are always the best price there.
They also have very pretty plants for sale. Get my Mom something there from time to time. Also, when the lady I clean house for was in the hospital, I found here a beautiful poinsettia wrapped in gorgeous paper back before Christmas.

It's still on her dining room table- going strong.

One thing I don't like about them lately is the boxes of chocolate and cookies halfway down the first aisle when you walk in- and it's uber cheap :doh:

mybluice

My kids say Aldi's makes mom less grouchy about buying us whatever we ask for at the store...lol. We love Aldi's I go there 2 times a month and come out with an overflowing cart. It really helps with the budget and trying to please two kids who want to be able to have the cereals and snacks they like. :wubu:

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
I bought a package of stuffed clams this afternoon! Not sure how soon I will make them, but sometime in the next week is likely. I was thinking of serving them with the mushroom risotto or else making a bit of pasta w/pesto on the side, and a tossed salad.. not sure.

I've been buying a lot of their frozen seafood stuff there on my last two visits, perch and scallops last week, haddock and the clams this week.

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
how do you cook your scallops Laura? I want to buy some but I need an easy way to cook them, maybe broiling or something like that?

I bought a package of stuffed clams this afternoon! Not sure how soon I will make them, but sometime in the next week is likely. I was thinking of serving them with the mushroom risotto or else making a bit of pasta w/pesto on the side, and a tossed salad.. not sure.

I've been buying a lot of their frozen seafood stuff there on my last two visits, perch and scallops last week, haddock and the clams this week.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
I haven't cooked them yet, but I'm pretty sure the broiler is the way to go. This will be my virgin run cooking scallops and for using the broiler. I'm really afraid of messing up! I've been browsing recipes and the one below seems like a pretty basic, tasty way to go:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scallops-with-White-Wine-Sauce-II/Detail.aspx

If you make some before I get around to doing mine, be sure to report on your success and how you cooked them. :)

Latest posts