Quantcast

Aldi Love

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MisticalMisty

I dry mine with a paper towel, salt and pepper them and then cook them in butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.

The trick to know when they are ready to turn is if they release from the pan easily.

I think it takes about 5 minutes total. Let me know how the broiler goes...we saw some fresh wild scallops for 10.99 a pound today at sprouts...I want to try them!

knottyknicky

Hips like Cinderella
I like Aldi because you have to put a quarter in to get a cart. Reminds me of Europe <3

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
LOVED the stuffed clams! I could eat them every night. I'm not sure they agreed very well with Gottfried's lactose intolerance unfortunately, even with the dairy aid supplement. We decided he probably shouldn't eat more than a couple of them at a time in the future.

I'm definitely picking up another package on my next shopping trip.

MisticalMisty

LOVED the stuffed clams! I could eat them every night. I'm not sure they agreed very well with Gottfried's lactose intolerance unfortunately, even with the dairy aid supplement. We decided he probably shouldn't eat more than a couple of them at a time in the future.

I'm definitely picking up another package on my next shopping trip.
I'm glad that you loved them! At first, we were eating a whole package by ourselves...now..I make a side dish and we split them between us. We just had our last package for lunch yesterday.

MisticalMisty

The pita crackers are awesome. I have a box of the sea salt and a box of the garlic and chives. I can have 9 crackers for 18 carbs. I just had the garlic and chive with some yummy chicken salad!

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
The pita crackers are awesome. I have a box of the sea salt and a box of the garlic and chives. I can have 9 crackers for 18 carbs. I just had the garlic and chive with some yummy chicken salad!

Those are probably the same sea salt pita crackers I got at Trader Joe's last year and raved about in the food discoveries thread. Love them! I just got a new flavor but haven't tried them yet - multigrain!

MisticalMisty

Those are probably the same sea salt pita crackers I got at Trader Joe's last year and raved about in the food discoveries thread. Love them! I just got a new flavor but haven't tried them yet - multigrain!
Oh..I hope they bring that flavor here! I love them. They are perfect!

MisticalMisty

I don't know what it is about the happy farm string cheese, but I am suddenly addicted.

It is SO much better than any other string cheese I've had...and I normally HATE string cheese.

I've just sent Rob to get 4 more bags. So yummy!

He's also picking up 4 more boxes of those pita crackers.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
I don't know what it is about the happy farm string cheese, but I am suddenly addicted.

It is SO much better than any other string cheese I've had...and I normally HATE string cheese.

I've just sent Rob to get 4 more bags. So yummy!

He's also picking up 4 more boxes of those pita crackers.
Misty, I find a huge variation in different brands. Once I find one I know I like - I stick with it. I'm a huge fan of the original Armenian braided string cheese. Yum! It's been around forever - long before the snack size string cheese sticks,. If you ever find it, I recommend it. They have them in cheese shops and at stores with an extensive cheese department.

It comes in a big braid (about 8") and you peel the strings, just like with the snack stick. No comparison when it comes to flavor tho.

View attachment Delicious-Real-Armenian-String-Cheese.jpg
This is how it looks as you peel/shred the strings.

Below is the brand they have around here.
View attachment Sun-Ni.jpg

Hathor

stolen child
I love the German hazelnut chocolate wafers they sell for $.99 each. Mmmmm....cheap and good.

KuroBara

"She Coo"
I adore Aldi's! I first started shopping when I was in Ohio for college, but there was not a store in my area for years after that. But once it opened, I told everyone I knew to shop there. Aldi's had the best bagels and milk. Now, I'm hooked on the great produce and special deals. Long live Aldi's!

Diane

They have good pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough.

MLadyJ

For anyone interested this week 2 good specials at Aldi's are: slated or unsalted better for $2.29 per # and a spiral sliced honey ham for $1.49 at #.

danbsc29630

I can walk to the closest Aldi, never do though. They got good stuff and have improved over the years. My aldi favorite is Jalapeno Havarti cheese.

I love their clearance rack. Its awesome.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I shop Aldi often. You can get in, grab the basics, and get out in a flash. Everything in the dairy section is good and economical. Prices on fruit and veggies are amazing. That's about all that I regularly buy there. I'm one of those folks who just shops the outer aisles :)

EMH1701

I like Aldi's for cheap meat. When I was doing Mastering the Art of French Cooking, I got a really good beef roast for $7 there. I used it for Beouf Bourginon and it turned out splendidly.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Aldi has a Mama Cozzi goat cheese and spinach pizza on special this week for $2.99. I bought one the other day and just wanted to report back it is fantastic and I'm not normally such a big fan of goat cheese. I'm hoping to go back tomorrow to pick up a few more.

Their Tropicana brand clementines are super sweet still too.

Latest posts