• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Aldi Love

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
It seemed time to start a thread to rave/share about the good finds at Aldi. Anyone else a fan?

I'd gotten out of the habit of regularly shopping there when my back was so bad opting for the more conveniently located grocery stores (Price Chopper, Hannaford). After complaining about how much I'd been spending at those stores lately and receiving an Aldi flyer indicating this week was their special Italian foods week, I finally got my butt back in there. So glad I did.

My Italian food week highlights:

Sun dried tomato pesto! I bought 12 bottles at $1.99 a piece. They only carry this until supply runs out. This pesto is awesome! Wonderful on pasta and I've used it on top of baked fish and chicken w/ sliced tomatoes, garlic and a bit of parmesan cheese. It was fantastic and I was sad when my small supply was out last year. I may go back and buy more. :-/

stuffed pastas - At $1.69 and $2.19 way cheaper than Buitoni which we've been buying at the regular grocery stores at about $5 a package. I bought mushroom, spinach, and cheese tortellini and ravioli varieties.

I commented to my husband last week after spending $100 on groceries that almost everything I bought at the local chain store was over $3, including coffee creamer which seemed ridiculous. Nothing I bought today at Aldi was over $2.99.

Other little joys from my receipt:

Wheat crackers $1.29 a box (equivalent of Wheat Thins, $3.29 at Price Chopper last week)

Package of one each red & yellow bell peppers $1.69.. I think I've paid close to $2 for just one red pepper at the regular stores

5 pack of vine tomatoes - $1.29

Bag of the sweetest tangerines - $2.29

Bag of butter lettuce - $1.99

Aldi owns Trader Joe's and seems to have some of the same frozen foods with different labels from time to time. It's hit and miss for these. Also, at the beginning of each year they stock some more health oriented foods to get in on the diet resolution bandwagon. For the last two years they've had amazing prices on Amy's organic stuff (stocked only at this time unfortunately) - large pizzas for $5 and vegetable lasagna or enchiladas for $2.99.

Anyone else share the love or do off brands and limited choices scare you? What are your favorite items?

(Photo of baked cod w/pesto added. :eat2: )

Latest posts

Back