• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

American Airlines Wants to Weigh Passengers to Decide Flight Costs

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.
Sorry if this is old news.

But, on tonight's O'Reilly Factor (hosted by Laura Ingraham), they did a segment on American Airlines, who is thinking about weighing customers as a way to determine a passenger's airfare. They would weigh the person and their luggage; anything over the pre-determined weight limit would be charged extra. MeMe Roth was on the show and she said that this was a way to combat rising fuel costs and that it costs more fuel to fly airplanes carrying heavier loads. Meme said that when people ship packages, the package is weighed to determine the cost; thus, it makes sense that people should be weighed to determine the cost of their airplane ticket (if I followed her logic correctly). To see the video, a link to the FoxNews website is below (scroll down a bit and it's on the right side, under the title "Unfriendly Skies")

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

Laura said that Meme wouldn't have any problems with this because she's skinny; but hell, who do you know wants to be weighed at the airport infront of a long line of strangers? I'm average-sized and I sure wouldn't!:mad:

Latest posts

Back