An FA Video Game Creation

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
I can help with writing and characters, if people want me along. I am also good with handling the Lore behind the game, if that job hasn't been taken already.

@Ekim (actually anyone with ideas): could you PM ideas that you've had, and i'll do the same and then we post them.

pickleman357

Christian/Fattism Solider
Tom, that is an absolutely fabulous idea!! I freakin love it!

* litterally does a happy dance*

This will allow us to make 1/3 the game at a time and actually have something working. And then for the last part with all the characters would be easy to make since we have all the character and the player knows all of them and will be excited to play it because they'll have their favorite 4 out of the 12 and finally can get them all together!!

I don't have time to post anything else right now, all I can say is

BOOYEAH!!!

Littleghost

Oh, Frickenstein.
Sounds like a great way to not only simplify it for us, but make the story and pacing more interesting.

Raqui

You know on the XBox 360 you can make your games and load them up for sale i saw this on the gaming channel

pickleman357

I've been thinking

Ever since the mention of LGBT, I've been wondering if we should dribble a bit of other social problems into our games as well to talk more about different things. Which might be nessisary. 20 hours of a fat lecture might get a little redundant at the end.

Just to say something like
"We're all equal here, so why are you treating us less then human just because we look different?"

So, we have 12 characters to play with. What are some other things that we can add in?
LGBT
what else?
Since I don't want this to be "my" game, it should belong to everyone here. So I want everyone to use this game to say something that they want to say to the world! :D

pickleman357

Booyeah, website is up!
characters are up and need major gap filling!

They have been laid out in the chapters 1 to 3, but here's the summery

--ONE--
FA Guard
BBW Samuri
Feedee
Open FA

--TWO--
FFA Archer
SSBBW Priestess
FA w/Big Wife
BHM General

--THREE--
Wanderer
BBW Teen
Skinny Mech
SSBHM Sumo

This could of course change, but here's how I see the first part of the game.
The guard goes around one of the major cities and shows the player the games society, which is very close to our own, just lacking even more morals
A queen and her family rule everything there. The son, who is like a prince and has quite a bit of power and orders the Guard to release a prisoner.
The guard busts into the prison, gets the prisoner’s sword and releases the prisoner, but to his surprise, it’s a big beautiful woman. A type of person he has never scene before. She grabs her sword and uses her ability to get behind him and puts her sword to his neck
They become allies, despite this and find that they can’t escape the city.
They go to the Feedee’s house, as she’s an ally of the rebellion.
All 3 of them then make their way to the underground where they meet up with the Open FA which runs a bbw club right under the city.
They do something for him and he gets them out of the city and goes with him, says something about gathering the forces under the wanderer or something like that
The story that the player doesn't know yet is that the Wanderer is planning to take down the Queen, and the Open FA, the BBW Samuri, and the FFA all work for him, and that's the link up.
The FFA could be the first character of teh 2nd chapter and she just gets of a video call with the Wanderer, and at the beginning of the 3rd chapter you start off with the Wanderer just getting off the same call with the FFA, showing that all these events are happening at the same time

Please, I suck at this, but doing something like this, this way. This allows us to bypass any silly movies at the front of the game. We can toss the player right in to the game and have him play out the story instead of watching something!
Other then that, its open!

pickleman357

So... the website has been up for a week and no one has replied...

So what did I do wrong? :confused:

Raqui

What is up with an amazon SSBBW who is super strong and super fat Men arent the only tall big people out there.

Littleghost

Oh, Frickenstein.
Seems easy enough to resolve; Grace is fairly tall already, add a few inches. And she's gotta be strong anyways to handle that cannon.

pickleman357

Actually I think she ment the opposite there Ghost.

We could make the SSBHM short, like 5'2" or something. Just to mix it up.

davoid23

Just to inform you of a new release from Sony: Fat Princess

(The following quoted from Playstation 3 Forums)
Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

You can switch between five different character classes literally at the drop of a hat: the fearless Warrior, the steadfast Archer, the mystical Mage, the tireless Worker, and the deadly Priest. In order to triumph, players must combine their skills and work together. The name of the game is cooperation, whether it’s helping another player drag a log back to your castle, manning a battering ram to smash through the enemy’s front gate, or building a human pyramid to scramble over the walls.

Key Features

* Casual Single & Multiplayer Online/Offline Action – Cooperate with your team of medieval soldiers (up to 16 players on each side) to overthrow the opponent’s army, plunder their castle and save the princess
* 5 Character Classes – Change your avatar's character anytime by swapping hats: Worker, Warrior, Archer, Mage and Priest
* 10 Unique Maps – There will be 10 maps total, shared across single & multiplayer modes
* Experience intense frantic gameplay across diverse, charming and challenging environments
* Resources & Upgrades – Work together to collect resources to upgrade your primitive weapons and basic castle defenses into superior armaments and impenetrable fortifications
* Unique Game Modes – Select from several various game types: Rescue the Princess, Thwart the Invasion, and Medieval Games
* 32-player Online Skirmish – Jump in and join as many as 32 players online to wreak havoc on the battlefield and carry your stout princess back home during the conflict

Littleghost

Oh, Frickenstein.
Figured a bit of a progress update was in order. After some wrestling with Flash, (apparently my old version has some bugs) I've got a pretty decent portion of a battle animation done. Hopefully I've figured out how to streamline both the drawing and animating, so that future updates will be more frequent. Enjoy!

Priestess-1.gif

Figured a bit of a progress update was in order. After some wrestling with Flash, (apparently my old version has some bugs) I've got a pretty decent portion of a battle animation done. Hopefully I've figured out how to streamline both the drawing and animating, so that future updates will be more frequent. Enjoy!

Priestess-1.gif

Looking good!

pickleman357

ICE CREAM!

Now that I have you attention...

I'm baaAAAaack.

After 9 months working for a video game company, it shuts down, and I'm jobless... :( HOWEVER! This game has been in the back of my mind the whole time. SO.... I've designed a way to do this using the Torque engine. I can actually make a tool that will take in a Sprite Sheet, properly laid out, and enable to make animations on the fly and save them in simple text documents, so the animator only has to send me that text file when he's done. And all of the animation is just one image. Easy.

Here's the best part. I'm unemployed geting EI. I need to make this tool for my programming portfolio. So this game needs to happen in order for me to eat in the summer.

So, who's in? :D

Tragdor

Abide
how are the game mechanics going to be structured?

FPS style?
Pokemon/old Final Fantasy turn based random encounter style?
Fallout 1 and 2 style turned based style?

My own personal opioion is that the game should be RPG heavy in order to stress the thematic elements of the story (also I think turn based combat would be easier to animate). FPS's with strong thematic conent like Bioshock are pretty rare.

pickleman357

Turn based, one guy at a time, based on speed. Instead of a clock, who ever goes next based on how fast they are, goes next immediatly.

An advanced Final Fantasy 6 style. Probably with a FF7 equipment with a twist. I've been working out in my head. Since we want this playable by any and everyone, it has to be very simple to learn, but can be very complex to those who want it to be.

Latest posts