• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BOTH Angie's Tale - by the Observer (~BBW/BHM, Eating, Relationship, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW/BHM, Eating, Relationship, ~SWG - two young people have more in common than just food, but that helps

Angie's Tale
by the Observer

Prologue

Lynn Mallory gently massaged her husband’s shoulders, a convention that told him from experience that she had something on her mind she wanted to talk about. After enjoying the relaxing kneading for a minute or so he acknowledged this by saying “feels great – and, while you continue, what is on your mind that I should dutifully be paying attention to?”

“Perhaps nothing,” Lynn replied to Chuck, “because I know I’ve fretted about this in the past – but this summer Angie’s been filling out. I wonder how its going to impact her being on the cheerleading squad when her senior year starts?”

“Its her life,” Chuck replied. “she’s the last of four kids and we all know our genes. She’s been active enough to compensate since that growth spurt in the seventh grade, but this summer has been hot and she’s been on the Internet quite a bit. A few pounds are inevitable,”

“I know, but I just wonder if she’s aware of just how much inevitable there has been, although since I’m over 200 myself I’m no one to be talking,” his wife commented.

“200 isn’t a bad number,” he responded, suddenly turning and making a grab for Lynn’s midriff. She stepped aside just out of his reach. “and we both know she’s nowhere near that – 150 at the most.”

“Ah, so you have noticed!” Lynn responded.

“Whenever she’s on the computer there’s usually something at hand to munch on or drink, and when you serve family style her portions are as big as mine. Sure, I’ve noticed, but its no more than you or her sister. If she’s not concerned I’m not prone to make an issue of it. She’s over18 now, remember,” Chuck countered.

“I know you’re right, but I think she’s in for a surprise. She went to a party tonight with her friend Roberta and I wonder how much her friends will notice.”

Actually Angela had already taken note herself. Her size 8 slacks, which she hadn’t worn much all summer, were quite snug when she tried them on a few days before. That’s when she’d stood naked in front of the mirror and noted that her thighs were plumper and touching and that her belly seemed rounder. Then she’d gotten on the scale for the first time in nine months and saw that she was 146 pounds – 19 pounds heavier than last time. She knew this was still not overweight for her 5’7” frame but was edging close to it.

She’d then tried some light calisthenics, giving up after about 12 situps. It was obvious that her belly was bigger and getting in the way. Wondering just how difficult things would be in school she put on her jogging clothes, which were wearable but felt tighter than she recalled. She’d gone over to the jogging trail at the city park, tiring after just over an eighth of a mile. She remembered that two years ago she’d jogged around the half mile track in a leisurely six minutes without stopping. But this summer she’d done some babysitting twice a week, enjoying treats such as strawberry short cake and other desserts with her charges. A brief thought or two told her where some of the pounds had come from.

That’s why the next morning she displayed a slightly worried expression when her mom served her French toast and sausages, It was a great breakfast and she thoroughly enjoyed all three pieces of syrup-drenched bread and both sausages, but she was bothered. This was typical fare in the Mallory household, like the cornbread and quiche earlier in the week or the breakfast burrito last Friday. Her mom delighted in feeding her family and Angie enjoyed her culinary efforts – perhaps she was thinking now enjoying them a bit too much. .

“Mom,” she’d said, “the breakfasts have been great this summer, but combined with everything else I’m geting concerned. My slacks are snug and I know its not from shrinking in the wash.”

“No, its called growing up,” her mom had answered. “You probably are up a size or two. Let’s go shopping and solve the problem this afternoon.”

Angie had known her weight wouldn’t be a concern for her mom. It never had been for her larger sister, Gloria, who had outweighed her by forty pounds at this age. And honestly Angie was a little amazed, given her enjoyment of food, that she’d been able to out-grow her pre-puberty chubbiness and be on the cheerleading squad in both intermediate and high school. She certainly was the biggest member of the squad, but somehow she’d managed to stay within an acceptable range,

She and her mom went to the mall and sure enough she was now a size 10, not a snug 6 or comfortable 8 like last year. For the next two days she insisted on counting calories and consuming under 1200 per day, the level at which she knew she would start losing. But two days of deprivation were about all she could take after a summer of indulging. So when one of her school friends, June, invited her over for lasagna and ice cream she’d made up for lost time. The next morning she told her mom she’d had it with dieting,

“If I’m meant to be thick its better than starving myself and being miserable. So be it!” she declared to herself..

This is what underlay Lynn’s conversation with Chuck. She knew from her own life what choosing to be bigger meant and wondered if Angela did.

That night at the party there was pizza, chicken wings, soda and snack foods. With her new larger clothes Angie wasn’t very conscious of her consumption and grazed contentedly. She didn’t notice Ronnie Evans taking note of her figure and thinking to himself, “Wow, Angie’s filling out – and the way she’s eating I can tell why.”

Now Ronnie didn’t mean this at all critically. He privately liked larger girls and was a bit of a pudgy nerd himself. But he was shy and the idea of trying to date a member of the cheerleading squad he thought was not in his grasp. So he said nothing.

A little past eleven Roberta and Angie headed home, Angie contemplating her distended belly as Roberta drove.

“Feeling full?” her friend asked.

“Yeah, guess I overdid it. At this rate I’m wondering if I’ll make the cheerleading squad this year. Or even if I want to. I’ve gained some, gone up two sizes and frankly don’t want to deprive myself just to impress the jocks anyway. Is that crazy?” she confided.

“Not really. You could settle down with some solid guy who would be kind and a good husband – most of the jocks are full of themselves and think they are God’s gift to women, I saw that pudgy nerd Ronnie giving you the eye tonight, but I bet you didn’t notice.” Roberta commented.

“No not really. But although Ronnie’s quiet he’s smart and helps people all the time. When Roger Michaels was laid up last year Ronnie brought him homework every day for two weeks and Roger aced the next test despite being absent. Ronnie also tutors an ESL group. I don’t see the jocks spending much of their time doing such things.” Angie spoke up, wondering as she did why. She and Ronnie barely knew one another.

Chapter One

It was the first week of school, three weeks after the party, and Ronnie got another look at Angie. No doubt about it, her breasts were fuller, her arms rounder, slight love handles on her midriff. She was bordering on plump but Ronnie thought she was cute – even beautiful. But, plump or not, she was a cheerleader and he figured she’d soon lose the pounds gained over the summer. He turned out to have a civics class with Angie but they were seated on opposite sides of the room, just close enough for him to oogle the bulge of her slight muffintop.

On Friday, Mr Lenard, the civics teacher, announced that the class would be divided into teams for a semester project to be presented later. He would give the team captains the names of the assigned members so everyone should be expecting a call. Ronnie half listened, figured he wouldn’t likely be a captain and went back to thinking about computers.

Late Saturday morning after breakfast Ronnie was on his computer when he smelled someing from the kitchen. His mom was baking cookies – oatmeal and raisen with chocolate drops. They were for church but he knew there would be extra He was heading to wrangle some when the phone rang and his mother called “there’s a girl om the phone who wants to talk to you. Says her name is Angie Mallory.”

Angie? Ronniw swallowed. His secret crush? They barely knew each other. Why would she be calling him? Well, there was nothing to do but take the call and find out.

“Hello, Angie? Is this Angela Mallory from school?” he stammered.

“Well, I could pretend I’m the Angie from Angie’s list but it probably wouldn’t work. Or Angela Lansbury but I can’t make my voice sound that mature, so yeah, I’m me, ” she replied lightly. “you’re on my list from Mr Lenard’s class along with two others. Can you come to my place this afternoon, maybe around 2:00?”.

“Uh, why, sure, why not?” Ronnie gushed, his mind doing somersaults all over the place. “Oh, what’s the address – or maybe you should text it?”

“Will do. And since you;’ve probably got the highest IQ in the group I expect your best – OK?” Angie quipped.

“Yes ma’m,” replied Ronnie, his head still spinning. Angela apparently actually had an idea of his GPA to his surprise. When had she noticed that? He rubbed his own belly roll, suddenly remembering the cookies he’d been headed for. Should he take some to Angies? Based on what he’d seen her devouring at the party he thought she might enjoy them.

At 1:30 Ronnie tossed a dozen large homemade oatmeal cookies in a Tupperware container inside a bag onto the front seat of his car and headed for Angie’s. Assuming there would be four people that would be three apiece. Not enough to bother even a weight-watching cheerleader. He hoped she would appreciate his gesture.

Angie was waiting for Ronnie and introduced him to her Mom. Ronnie noted her size and friendy nature. She was what he could envision Angie becoming, but he knew better than to think that was likely anytime soon. Mrs Mallory was obviously in her forties.

“Where are the others?” he asked as Angie seated him in the rec room where she’d set up a table..

“You’re the only one today - the other two couldn’t make it. What’s in the bag?” she asked.

“Ummm … well I brought homemade cookies to share,” Ronnie replied, reaching in and pulling one out,

“Looks great - let me get some glasses and milk,” said Angie as she scurried off to the kitchen.

As Angie and Ronnie discussed various possible American History projects he left the Tupperware container open. About every ten minutes or so Angie took another cookie, Ronnie about every fifteen, She wound up casually consuming seven to his five along with two glasses of milk over the next ninety minutes. At about 3:30 Mrs Mallory stepped in to see how things were coming.

“Just fine, mom. I think we’ve narrowed down possibilities to 3-4 subjects but we need to poll the others before deciding, “ Angie replied.

“I see. Well, would your guest like to stay for dinner? We’ll be having a tuna casserole with ice cream for dessert.” Lynn announced.

“I think he’s earned it, “ Angie replied with a smile. “Maybe I can see if he knows rummy or some other kind of cards between now and then. Can you stay Ron?”

“Umm, why not? Let me call home and let them know,” Ronnie replied, his head spinning anew. His private crush had just invited him to dinner!

The casserole, preceded by a green salad with veggies and a rich dressing, tuned out to be delicious. Everyone, including Angie Ronnie noticed, had seconds. Mr Mallory invited Ronnie to play cards with the family, then engaged Ronnie in conversation while Angie helped her mom cleanup. Apparently family card games were a Mallory family custom. Ronnie fortunately knew enough of the basics that he was able to jump in.

“So what did you two go over today?” Check asked Ron.

“Topics for a class presentaton that go outside the text book – I’m surprised at Angie. You folks must do a lot of reading,” Ronnie commented

“Why so?” Mr Mallory inquired.

“How many high chool studets know that deTocqueville wrote Democracy in America, what the Lyceum movement was or how the Union’s railroads trumped the Confederates? None of that is in the textboox but Angie knows all that stuff and more – she’s not at all the typical cheerleader,” Ronnie declared. “Only someone who has read about and discussed those things at home could go there like she did. I can see why Mr. Lenard made her a captain."

“Yes, our family does like its trivia and history. Her sister preceded her in his class so he had an idea I would suppose,” Chuck Mallory said, noting that obviously this was familiar territory for Ronnie as well. “We try not to flaunt it with others, it only bores and irritates them”

“Yeah, I get that. I work with immigrant family’s kids and the reality of what they’ve left behind isn’t what we even dream about. I’ve listened to their stories and its gruesome.

“What do you mean?” Chuck probed.

“We think about suffrage and Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B Anthony and say women had it rough because they couldn’t vote like men. In China today the one child policy can get you aborted if you’re a girl, in India the same thing eve n tho its supposed to be illegal. Which then means there’s a shortage of brides so the women in adjacent countries get kidnapped and sold. And of course if you’re in Pakistan and a girl you can get killed for even attending school. Then we wonder why so many want to come here.” Ronnie laid out his awareness of geopolitics.

“You and Angie do have a better than average grasp of the real world – I hope you do well on your project,” acknowledged Mr. Mallory as the girls returned.

After about an hour of cards Mrs Mallory declared that it was time for dessert. Everyone had a generous portion. As they were leaving Angie suggested that meeting the other team members over lunch on Monday might be a good idea. Ronnie agreed.

That night Lynn and Chuck compared notes. Lynn shared that Angie had informed her that Ronnie was more than the nerd he projected. He owned his own car bought for cash from monies he earned doing contract computer work and had more in the bank, something he didn’t bother to share with the jocks at school. Like Angie he found them boring.

“I think they may have some things in common,” observed her husband..

Later that night Ronnie go a brief text from Angie thanking him for the great day. Ronnie scratched his head, thinking about the cheerleader he’d seen stuffing herself most of the day and all the book stuff they’d shared. Maybe they had more in common than he’d assumed.

Monday at lunch he noticed that Angie selected her menu conservatively, cottage cheese salad, fries, and a burger. The other two members of the team, Pam Smith and Jack Brewster, ate similarly. Then Jack suggested dessert and Pam hesitated. Angie said nothing at first, then looked at Ronnie.

“Do you think we have time?: she asaed. “I know the pie is good but …”

“Sure,” Ronnie picked up on the hint. “Come on Jack, let’s get them for the girls.”

As they headed back to class Angie said quietly to Ronnie, “thanks, I was still hungry but didn’t want to say it too obviously.”

“No problem.” Ronnie replied with growing confidence. “Anything to make a pretty friend happy.”

Angie couldn’t explain it but something inside her felt warm and friendly towards Ronnie.

Cheerleading practice after school was another matter. Angie managed to make the first cut but it was exhausting and she could tell some of the juniors had a lot more desire than her. Was this something she really wanted to do? She knew four of the twelve finalists would have to be dropped in a month and she’d had a good run.

As she was thinking about this she got a call from her friend June. Barb Morris was supposed to be coming back as a senior and serving on the student council but apparently wouldn’t be. Would Angie be interested in dropping cheerleading and filling the vacancy?

“Let me sleep on it,” she replied, but in her heart she knew what her answer would be. She just wanted to consult her parents first – and Ronnie. She wondered how they would react.

(Continued in post 3 of this thread)

Back