Animusic

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

RevolOggerp

Any of you ever watched or listen to the Animusic videos?

They sell them at Fry's, but I don't know who else sells them... but they also sell them online as well.

There are 2 DVDs titled "Animusic" and "Animusic 2".

They're actually computer-generated music videos where it's just instruments (MIDI) and no lyrics.

If you like to just rest on the couch while listening to smooth music, this is probably the right kind of DVD for you.

If you want some samples, you can find them on YouTube as well. :)

Blackjack_Jeeves

I'm a pepper, too...
After I was shown one of the videos on youtube by a friend (Pipe Dream, of course. :p ) I was hooked... These are definitely DVD's I would consider owning, despite the fact that there's not much to them. It reminds me of a video cassette my dad used to have of Jan Hammer's "Beyond the Mind's Eye" or something like that, where they took music and made a CG video to go with the music. I love these sort of things!

I couldn't begin to list favorites, though the last one on the first disk, Harmonic Voltage, might be one of them. :D

RevolOggerp

After I was shown one of the videos on youtube by a friend (Pipe Dream, of course. :p ) I was hooked... These are definitely DVD's I would consider owning, despite the fact that there's not much to them. It reminds me of a video cassette my dad used to have of Jan Hammer's "Beyond the Mind's Eye" or something like that, where they took music and made a CG video to go with the music. I love these sort of things!

I couldn't begin to list favorites, though the last one on the first disk, Harmonic Voltage, might be one of them. :D
I know what you're talking about. I used to have that on laserdisc. (Yep, I'm talking about those super-sized DVDs that are the size of old records.) It also had that episode where these birds and fishes were living apart in this huge glass sphere. One day, a bird and a fish fell in love... so the bird dove through the "ice" and broke the barrier that kept the fishes and the birds apart.

Anyway, my local Fry's has Animusic for $15 and Animusic 2[/B][/B] for $18. If they had both together for $20, then I would get it. :)

RevolOggerp

I just had to go look on YOu Tube...that is AWESOME stuff.
Yeah. It's even better with the bass that I've got hooked up to my computer. My parents keep complaining that it's too loud. *groans*

One of these days, i'm gonna have to get my own apartment before I can start playing these things at full blast. :)

RevolOggerp

Yeah. It's even better with the bass that I've got hooked up to my computer. My parents keep complaining that it's too loud. *groans*

One of these days, i'm gonna have to get my own apartment before I can start playing these things at full blast. :)
You're not the only one.

I've got a bass speaker under my desk and it's not exactly "great", but enough for me to enjoy.

However, my mom came upstairs complaining that it was too loud echoing through the whole house. Of course, this only happened when I played music from Animusic. ;)

Latest posts