BHM Anna's Friend - by Starling (~BHM (Multiple), ~FFA (multiple), Romance)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Starling

Part Eight

I lay on my bed later that night, trying to ignore my roommate and her awkward friends as they sat on the other side of the room, giggling excitedly about their crazy weekend. Apparently the highlight involved almost making eye contact with the hot cashier at the local coffee shop.

My phone began to vibrate and I walked out into the hall, somehow managing to tear myself away from the thrilling saga. I smiled when I saw it was Todd.

He wanted to know how things had gone with Anna, and I told him that she was upset but that she would be all right. I decided not to mention that she also managed to get herself good and hammered before I made her go to bed.

“Do you have anything big happening tonight?” he asked.

I laughed and told him no, and bemoaned the fact that there were half a dozen girls I had no desire to associate with hanging out in my twelve by thirteen foot room.

Half an hour later, I found myself on Todd’s couch flipping through his DVD collection. My stomach was filled with butterflies. Todd walked out of the kitchen with a beer in each hand.

“Find one yet?” he asked, smiling but also a little nervous looking.

I handed him the DVD I picked out as he handed me the beers. I adjusted myself on the couch so I could watch his generous backside as he bent over to put the DVD in the player. He turned around and caught me ogling. I blushed and laughed awkwardly.

“I’m more than a piece of meat, I’ll have you know,” he smirked playfully, and I grinned. At least he wasn’t offended.

He settled next to me on the couch, and I subtly draped one of my arms over his thick thighs.

I overheard voices coming from Jack’s room as the opening credits rolled, one of them female.

“Is Leslie here?” I asked. Todd shifted his seat uncomfortably.

“Uh…no. That’s um, a girl from his Stats class, I think,” Todd explained with a shrug. “I don’t really ask.”

I nodded, and set to work on my beer, making my way through four by the time the movie was done.

“Man, I have the beer munchies like crazy,” I giggled as Todd flicked the lights back on. “Do you guys have anything to eat?”

Todd paused for a moment, thinking.

“Probably nothing you’d want. Jack’s training for a marathon, and I…well, I’ve been trying to be a little more conscious about what I eat, so it’s mainly a bunch of health food.”

I made a face. Definitely not what I was in the mood for.

Todd laughed at my expression. “Well, if that’s the case, there’s a Mexican place down the street that’s pretty good. To be honest, I could go for some of that. The whole health food thing doesn’t always work out as well as I would like.”

He gave me an embarrassed smile.

“Awesome, let’s go,” I replied, ignoring his hesitancy and hopping up from the couch. Todd grabbed his keys and wallet and followed me out the door.

He held my hand as we walked, and my mind drifted back to what Anna said earlier about him wanting to ask me out. We brought a couple of burritos back to Todd’s apartment and settled back on the couch, turning on the television.

I found it difficult to keep my eyes off of Todd as he ate. For one thing, it was nice to just see him eating something. I wondered if he had taken any of his diet pills that day. For another, chewing accentuated that sexy chubby chin of his.

A beer or two later, and I was tired of just looking. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him toward me for a kiss, which he returned with several of his own.

After a few minutes, I let my hands venture into uncertain territory. Once again they made their way to Todd’s full, rounded belly. I felt him flinch and try to suck his stomach in beneath my hand. I moved my attention to the more muscled parts of his body, but eventually ended up back on his midsection.

“Sorry,” he murmured as I traced the underside of his belly with one of my hands.

“About what?” I whispered back, confused.

He gave a nervous laugh.

“It’s just that I feel like I look uh…kind of gross,” he said in a voice barely above a whisper, looking embarrassed.

“Gross? Not so much. Sexy, though? Definitely,” I smiled at him, letting myself rub circles on his middle.

Todd sighed but smiled at the same time. Talk about mixed signals. My hands moved to his shoulders, then ran through his hair before they slid down to his thick love handles.

“Viv…” he started uncertainly, his voice muffled by our kissing. I pulled back, blushing. I could tell I was being more forward than he was comfortable with.

“What is it?” I asked, concerned.

“Sometime when we haven’t been drinking could we, uh, talk? I just feel like we have some things we should work out.”

I cocked my head to the side. That didn’t sound promising.

“We aren’t even together, and already we need to talk? Isn‘t that jumping the gun a little?” I laughed, trying to mask my worry with humor.

Todd smirked, and wrapped one of my hands in his own.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound so intense just then. It’s not a big deal or anything,” he said casually, leaning forward to kiss me again.

We had our chance to talk a little later in the week, when Todd stopped by my dorm after his classes were done for the day. I was reading for a class when he called and asked if I would let him in, which I did. The weather had started to get fairly cold, and he looked adorable bundled up in a winter coat, which only served to highlight his bulk.

My roommate had class until late that night, so I told Todd to make himself at home. He gingerly lowered himself onto my bed, reddening. Although he had been on it several times, he still worried that eventually it would be unable to support his weight. I thought it was a ridiculous thing to be worried about, since he seemed to be getting thinner all the time.

I sat on my desk chair, which happened to be next to my mini-fridge. I was nervous about what Todd might have to say, so I delayed the conversation by offering him something to eat.

“I don’t know if there’s anything good in here, though,” I admitted as I opened the fridge. An orange, five or six pudding snacks, a fifth of vodka, and a half-eaten pack of American cheese slices looked back at me.

Todd looked at the pathetic contents of my refrigerator and laughed.

“You are such a college girl,” he chuckled, shaking his head.

I laughed back and offered him a cheese slice. For as long as I could remember, my affections had always somehow been tied up in food. My main way of showing that I was into someone was to always make sure that they were well fed.

Todd turned down my feeble offer of nourishment, quickly brushing a hand along his middle. I swallowed hard and tried not to stare.

“Actually, Viveca, that kind of had to do with what I wanted to talk to you about…” Todd trailed off nervously.

“Cheese?” I asked with a grin.

Todd rolled his eyes.

“I wish! But really, I wanted to talk about…I don’t know…us, I guess…” he trailed off again and looked down at his lap.

“What about us?” I asked, crossing my legs underneath my chair.

“I…uh, well…I mean, I kind of wanted to ask if you were interested in there being an…us,” Todd finally managed to get out.

I wanted to jump up and shout with excitement. Instead, I managed to contain my enthusiasm into a broad smile.

“Of course! You know I’ve always had a thing for you,” I grinned.

Todd smiled back, looking relieved.

“That was easier than I thought it would be,” he said with a quiet laugh. He still looked concerned, though.

“Are you all right?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he answered. “There was something else I wanted to talk to you about too, though.”

I nodded. “Go for it.”

Todd reddened again. “It’s uh…wow, this is embarrassing…but it’s about my um…weight problem.”

There was a period of awkward quiet in which Todd refused to look up at me.

“Oooohkay…” I started blankly. “I don’t think you have a problem, but what’s the matter?”

Todd was still looking down, but I could see him smile slightly as he fiddled with his hands.

“I know you don’t think it’s a problem. It’s kind of nice to spend time with someone who isn’t gonna give me crap just because I can’t get my fat ass into a pair of 36’s,” he said with a half-laugh.

“I like that you like how I look,” he continued with a shrug. “You have a way of making a guy feel…I dunno, sexy I guess.”

“Well that’s because you are sexy,” I enthused. He laughed.

“Thanks. But I just need to know, before we start anything…will you still think that if I lose a lot of weight? I mean, would you still want to be with me if I end up being able to get my ass into those 36’s? Because I was talking to Anna the other day and she made it sound like you probably wouldn’t like that.”

I moved from my chair to a spot on the bed next to Todd. It creaked in protest against the added weight, but it held up fine.

“Well, I think you’ve been hanging out with me enough to know what I like,” I started, eying his chubby body approvingly, “But I also would have hoped that you knew me well enough to know I’m not that shallow. It’s you I like, and it’s you that I’ll continue to like, whatever size you are.”

I still wasn’t sure if I would be physically attracted to Todd if he were thin, but I remembered what Anna said about not letting a good guy go because he wasn’t the size I liked anymore. And I hadn’t been lying when I said it was Todd I had fallen for - not his thick thighs or rounded ass, or even that oh-so-soft belly.

Todd wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed my forehead.

“Viveca Valentini,” he grinned, “I think you may be the perfect woman.”

“So you guys are together like, officially now?” Anna probed as we walked to our History class the next day.

“Yeah,” I beamed. Anna rolled her eyes.

“Good. Took you two freaking long enough. Have you thought about what you’re gonna do if Todd keeps losing weight?”

I shrugged. “Nothing, I guess. I thought about what you said.”

Anna smiled her approval. “That’s good. When he tried to start losing all the weight he gained for me last year, I totally flipped out, and he thought it was because I was threatened that other girls would start going for him, you know? So he dumped me because he didn’t want to be with someone so crazy jealous and insecure the only way she thought she could hold on to a man was to make him so big no one else would want him. We dated for eight months, and you would have thought he’d have me figured out better. I’m not a jealous person, I don’t see any point in jealousy. It turns out I’m just incredibly shallow…I couldn’t stand that he wouldn’t be as big as I wanted him anymore.”

She shrugged and sighed. “But I’m working on the whole shallow thing. Tonight I’m going out with Cole Wilson. I figured the kid’s been in love with me for four years, might as well give him a chance, right?”

Cole was a senior who was a decent guy, if a little on the quiet and studious side. Anna knew him through running, and he was nearly as thin as she was. Also, as Anna had pointed out, he’d had a fairly public crush on her since their freshman year.

“That’s cool,” I replied, “Does Ian know?”

Anna turned to me, eyebrow raised. “No, of course not. Why should he? Ian and I don’t talk anymore. We don’t have anything to talk about.”

I was slightly taken aback. Anna still hadn’t filled me in on the details of her breakup, not even enough so that I knew whether it was her idea or his. And I was confused. Todd and Anna must have had an incredibly awkward breakup, and yet they managed to remain good friends. What could have possibly gone so wrong with Ian?

(Continued in post 48 of this thread)

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
...... very nice next installment .... but definetly this can't be ;)the whole saga, Starling .. or???

chubsixtysix

Wow! Just, wow. I'm in love with your characters. They are so real. Its wonderful to read a story with characters who put real thought into their impulses. Its great to see a FFA/BHM story that takes the time to tell the whole story and doesn't just rush to the 'eager eating/feeding and living happily ever after' part. Don't get me wrong, I love that part too, but this is even better.
Also very witty. Just loved the FFA -- 4H misunderstanding. Its too cute, but makes sense that 18 year old Viveca hasn't clued into the fact that there is a whole community of fat admirers out there. I laughed out loud when Todd said “A 4H Italian girl, huh?”
Thanks for a great read so far. I'm eagerly anticipating your next installment!!

Starling

Part Nine

“Hey, you know what today is?” I asked Todd over the phone. My roommate scowled and glared into her laptop the way she always did when I used the phone in the room. Never mind that she talked to her weird little friends almost nonstop.

“What?” he replied as I stepped out into the hall.

“Our one-month anniversary!”

I could hear him stifle laughter on the other line.

“You know, the word anniversary denotes some kind of year involved. A month anniversary is impossible.”

I sighed. For a Biology major, Todd had some decidedly grammar-policeish tendencies.

“Whatever. It’s our one-montheversary. Happy?”

“Very,” he laughed back. “Was I supposed to get you something?”

“Well, since you obviously put so much thought and effort into this occasion, I guess I’ll let it slide. But two months and there better be something good,” I grinned, sliding down the wall next to the drinking fountain.

“Actually, I figured I’d take you out tonight,” Todd’s voice said brightly. “Somewhere classy. Like a house party.”

“Oooh. Whose?”

“It’s, um, Ian’s.”

I almost asked if he meant Anna’s Ian, but stopped myself. By that line of thinking, Todd could also qualify as Anna’s Todd, when he was clearly mine. I rolled my eyes at my own possessiveness.

“Since when have you and Ian been BFFs?” I asked instead.

“I dunno. It turns out we have a lot in common.”

“Yeah, go figure,” I said under my breath. I don’t think he heard me.

So we went to Ian’s party. I half-expected Anna to be there, but she was conspicuous by her absence.

She’d been out with Cole Wilson two more times since her breakup with Ian, as well as a date or two with another senior whose name I didn’t know. She still wouldn’t talk to me about what happened between her and Ian, and I didn’t press the issue.

Todd and I showed up to the party with Leslie and Jack. We were on the late side as we’d had to wait for Leslie and Jack to get into an elaborate fight about her insanity and his infidelity before we left. They parted ways almost instantly, while Todd and I lingered in the doorway for a moment, his arm around my waist.

I looked over at him and smiled. He was dressed nicely - he had just gone shopping the day before and gotten some new clothes. I tried to ignore the fact that the new clothes were necessitated by the fact that his old ones had gotten too loose.

I had gone to the mall with him, and was as alarmed as he was pleased when he bought a pair of size 38 jeans. They cut into the underside of his belly, which still hung heavily over the top, and were quite tight on his thighs and rear, but they were 38’s none the less.

I forgot my worries about Todd’s rapidly shrinking figure in the midst of the alcohol-induced liveliness of Ian’s party. I didn’t even see Ian until at least another hour or so, when I’d been sent by Todd and his friends to go find more beer.

There was a large cooler full of cans by the bathroom, and as I opened the top of the cooler, I saw Ian walking towards me.

“Hey,” I said as lightly as I could. I hadn’t really talked to him since he and Anna had ended things, and I wasn’t sure where we stood.

He smiled. “Hey Viveca.”

“Is it cool if I grab a couple of these?” I asked, indicating the cooler.

His smile widened and he shrugged. “Those aren’t mine, but I give you permission to knock yourself out.”

I laughed, thanked him, and started sticking beers under my arm.

“Do you know if Anna’s been, um…seeing other people?” Ian asked abruptly, and I could tell by the way he instantly bit his lip that he hadn’t meant to ask.

I looked silently at him for a moment, unsure of what to say. The direct answer would be yes, but there was also my secret suspicion that Anna was only seeing other guys to help herself get over Ian.

“Well, uh, I guess she’s let people take her out, but nothing serious. Why?”

Ian shook his head. “Nothing. I didn’t mean to say anything. It’s just that she won’t talk to me. She won’t answer my calls, emails, nothing.”

He sighed deeply, which pushed his thick belly out more. I forced myself to keep my eyes on his face.

“I’m really sorry,” I said, unsure of what else to say. And I did feel sorry - Ian looked heartbroken.

Ian shrugged again. “Don’t be. I deserve it.”

Part of me thought that it was cheating somehow to press him for details about what had happened between him and Anna. Anna would tell me when she was ready. But the other part, admittedly the stronger part, was overwhelmingly curious.

“Why?” I asked innocently.

Ian frowned slightly. “Come on, I know you know. You’re Anna’s best friend.”

I wasn’t sure if I was more flattered by this distinction, or more embarrassed to admit that she hadn’t confided in me.

“Anna hasn’t felt much like talking, actually.” Curiosity was winning the battle.

Ian looked surprised.

“That’s a first,” he smiled, but the smile instantly disappeared, as if he found his own joke inappropriate.

“Well,” Ian began, but stopped short. “How about you go bring those to whoever’s waiting, and then come back here?”

He laughed, gesturing towards the beers still under my arm.

“Good idea,” I grinned, and went back to Todd and his circle of friends. Of course, Todd and I had been hanging out long enough that they qualified as my friends, too.

Everyone gratefully took the beers, and I turned to go back to Ian. Todd caught my arm.

“Where are you going now? Are you feeling all right?”

“Yeah,” I replied, smiling at his expression of sweet concern. “I was just going to go talk to your buddy Ian.”

“Oh…” Todd trailed off, and an expression I had never seen before crossed his face. It took me an instant to recognize it as my own familiar feeling of jealousy.

“I’m gonna help him get Anna back,” I explained, kissing him on the cheek. I really only said it to keep Todd from worrying, but as soon as it left my mouth the idea began to appeal to me.

Ian had taken a beer out of the cooler and was sipping it when I returned. A girl was vomiting loudly in the bathroom, and Ian shuddered slightly.

“I really hope she didn’t get that everywhere,” he grimaced, and walked towards the back porch, gesturing for me to follow.

We went out to the back porch, where there were several people standing around, talking or smoking, and then to the side of the house, which was deserted.

“So Anna really never told you what happened?” Ian asked.

I shook my head, even though Ian would barely be able to see the movement in the dark. “Nope.”

He sighed.

“Do you ever get the feeling that you’re the butt of a joke everyone understands but you?”

“Well…no, not really,” I replied blankly.

“Of course you wouldn’t,” Ian murmured. “Well…I guess that’s how I felt with Anna. I mean, I’m not dumb and I’m not blind. I know that I’m a - well, you know - a fat guy, and that all of Anna’s boyfriends have been fat. But I guess what I don’t understand is why.”

“Why what?” I asked, confused.

“Why all the fat guys? Why can’t she date someone normal?”

“Did you ever consider that she probably thinks fat guys are hot?”

Ian finished off the rest of his beer.

“See, that’s just it, Viveca. That’s not normal. Which means there’s either something wrong with Anna, like some sort of self-esteem issue, or she gets some sort of sick pleasure out of her idea of a joke.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Those are really the only two options?”

“Like you can think of something better?”

“Yeah. Like I said, she probably likes fat guys. It’s really not that much of a stretch.”

Ian laughed humorlessly.

“Because this just screams sexy,” he said, giving his rounded paunch a self-deprecating jiggle.

I shrugged. “Well…yeah. There are lots of people who think so, actually. Look it up if you don’t believe me.”

The other day Anna had shown me one of her favorite websites dedicated to fat guys, which made me realize that there were more of us than one might expect.

It was hard to see, but I could feel Ian looking at me intently.

“But I still don’t know why you guys broke up,” I said, mainly to have something to say.

“That’s where it turns out to be my fault. Here’s the thing, you’re not fat so you probably don’t know this, but being fat gets really, really old sometimes. Looks, comments, not being able to fit into most seating arrangements. I’m kind of tired of it. So I tried to go on a diet. Not that it worked, but that’s a different story. Well, when Anna found out, she told me that she didn’t want me to lose weight, and when I asked her why she said it was because she liked me the way I was, right?”

He paused for a moment to catch his breath. He’d been speaking quite rapidly in a rush to say everything.

“Well, that’s ridiculous,” he began again.

“Who really wants to sleep with this?” he muttered, gesturing at his big body. “And that’s what I asked Anna, but she didn‘t say anything. So I told her that she was either some kind of a pervert who thought all this was funny, or that she had to think the only reason I treated her well is because I knew I couldn’t get better looking like this. And after that last comment she told me to get the hell out, and I said she was an insecure bitch who only dated fat guys to make herself feel better, and then she threw her eyebrow ring at me. I think that was it.”

He sighed again.

“The instant I walked out of there I felt like the biggest jerk ever. She’s my girlfriend, of course she’s supposed to try and make me feel better about myself. She loves me, or she did I think, and she didn’t want to hurt my feelings. I should have known that, I honestly don’t know why I got mad at her. But she hasn’t let me talk to her since then, so I haven’t had a chance to apologize.”

I smiled in spite of myself. It was just a misunderstanding - that was easily fixed.

“Well, maybe she just needs some time to cool off - you know how Anna can be.”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought at first,” Ian shrugged, “But I guess she’s with Cole Wilson now? Come on, he’s like a track star and he’s crazy about Anna. Is she really going to want her fat jerk of an ex-boyfriend back?”

“Yes,” I said with more finality than I intended. “She’s not with Cole Wilson, either. They’ve gone out like, twice.”

“Well, it’s only a matter of time. And besides, he’s super-athletic, so maybe she got over whatever it was that made her think she could only get fat guys.”

I rolled my eyes, a gesture that was completely useless in the dark. “She went out with him to get over being shallow.”

Ian snorted. “Shallow? He’s pretty good-looking, actually. If I’m allowed to notice.”

I laughed. “Maybe, but he’s not Anna’s type at all. I don’t know what more proof you want, but Anna is definitely of the ‘bigger is better’ mentality when it comes to men.”

Ian was silent for a minute or so.

“You know, I talked to your boyfriend about the whole Anna deal. I guess he went through the same thing with her. He told me that at first he thought the whole thing was weird and uncomfortable, and that he didn’t like it at all. When he was with Anna, he thought he’d be happier with a girl who would nag him about dieting or something, because that would be ‘normal’. He said it took him a second try to realize how incredibly lucky he was to have someone who loved him as a fat guy, even if he didn’t like himself that way.”

He looked over at me, and I could faintly make out a smile on his lips.

I felt my cheeks redden. Todd never told me that.

“Well…maybe you don’t need to wait for another girl. Anna still loves you, I know that,” I said, smiling.

I didn’t know if it was the beer or not, but suddenly I felt very optimistic about Anna and Ian’s future.

The next day I was at Anna’s house, watching television on her couch.

“Want a beer or something?” she asked, walking into the kitchen.

I groaned.

“No thanks, I’m crazy hungover,” I answered with a grimace.

Anna looked over at me, signature eyebrow raised.

“Where’d you go last night?”

“Oh, you know, Todd and I went to a party. A bunch of his friends and stuff.”

“Meaning you went to Ian’s party, right?”

“Well…yeah,” I admitted sheepishly.

“Jerk didn’t even invite me,” Anna said with an eyeroll, sitting back down with a beer.

“Well, you can’t exactly blame him. You haven’t said a word to him in a month.”

Anna gave me an icy stare. “So you’re on his side now?”

“No…but I did talk to him for a little while last night. He seems pretty depressed. He knows he messed up, and he wants to apologize.”

Anna pursed her lips momentarily. “He admitted he was wrong?”

I smiled. “About ten times.”

Anna flashed me her crooked teeth. “Good. The whole thing was completely his fault, you know.”

And she proceeded to tell me much the same story Ian had told me the night before.

“You know, Viv,” she finished, “I wouldn’t admit this to anyone but you…but I miss him. He’s an idiot and he’s insecure and he doesn’t know a good thing when he has it, but we were good together. Besides, Cole Wilson makes me feel like I’m dating Skeletor.”

She giggled.

I smiled at her.

“Well…maybe you should call Ian. Straighten things out, you know?”

She looked down, thinking. “I guess…”

“Don’t guess, do it,” I said authoritatively. Anna looked up, surprised.

“Viveca V has a feisty side after all,” she grinned. “I’ll - I’ll call him. Tonight. Who knows, if things work out maybe you and I can go on a double fat kid date or something.”

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.
Great update!:bow: Can't wait for the next part!:D

And I hope Todd doesn't lose anymore weight ...:(

Undine

Jigglypuff!
/gasp
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I've been checking this at least three times a week to see if you'd updated...I'm so happy you did!
THANK YOU!
/hug

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
Holy flying frick on a french fry! Thank you!

Wow. I do love your stories so much. You give them such character appeal, and it really seems like a circumstance that can happen IRL.

Love this so much. :wubu:

xxeell

Just thought i'd comment again....i love this story! =}

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
.... completely agree .... but this lovely story is also crying out for a few more chapters .... !

Starling

Haha, sorry people...I've been crazy busy with packing my life into foreign countries and starting school again and whatnot, but I'm actually almost done with the next part. So I guess I should just quit making excuses and get back to writing, right?

Starling

Part Ten

I kissed Todd as soon as he opened the door, throwing one arm around him and balancing a pizza box in the other.

“Hello to you too,” he grinned. His smile faded a bit as he looked at the box in my hand.

“What’s that?”

I smiled innocently. “I don’t mean to throw off your granola-eating vibe or whatever, but I personally refuse to watch Kill Bill without pizza. Every time my brother and I watch it, we always get a pepperoni and olive pizza. It’s like a Valentini tradition - you don’t want to throw off tradition, do you?”

Todd sighed and shook his head affectionately.

“Guess not.”

We walked inside and I placed the hot box on the table in front of the television.

“Is Jack here tonight?”

Todd looked me up and down with an expression that mirrored my own.

“Nope. He went up to visit Leslie. He has some major damage control to do after he accidentally called her the wrong name in bed.”

I tried to repress a smile. “That works out nicely. For us, I mean.”

And it did. He leaned back against the couch and I snuggled into him, feeling the warmth of his still soft body against mine.

“You know, I should congratulate you,” he said.

I looked up at him. “You should?”

“I talked to Anna today. I guess she and Ian kissed and made up earlier. You’re turning into a regular matchmaker,” he laughed, and began very poorly humming the matchmaker song from Fiddler on the Roof.

I was thrilled. Maybe we’d get to do that double date after all. I reached for the pizza box.

“Olive and pepperoni?” I offered, giving Todd my sweetest smile. I knew he couldn’t resist it.

He hesitated for a moment, then shrugged. “I guess one can’t hurt.”

“Of course not,” I agreed, leaning forward to kiss him again.

As we watched the movie, Todd seemed distracted enough to let me give him another couple slices. In fact, he ended up with most of the pizza, as I only took two and a half pieces for myself.

It was late when the movie was over, and Todd’s apartment was almost completely dark.

“I’ll go throw this out,” I said, standing up with the empty box.

“Did we finish that whole thing?” Todd asked, astonished.

Technically he had done most of the finishing, but what he didn’t know couldn’t kill him. It was rare enough that he ate anything substantial these days that I didn’t blame myself for taking advantage of opportunities when they arose.

I shrugged. “I guess I was hungry.”

I threw the box out and sat down on the couch again. I leaned in towards Todd, but he put a hand on my thigh.

“I wanted to tell you something,” he said softly.

I paused, looking at him in confusion.

“So…I um, stopped taking those things,” he continued.

That was absolutely no help at all.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

Todd laughed nervously. “Sorry - I meant those um, diet pill things. I stopped taking them.”

I felt my eyes widen slightly. That was good news.

“I’m glad,” I smiled, drawing him in for a kiss. That probably explained why he wasn’t so reluctant to eat pizza with me.

“Why?” I asked suddenly a few minutes later.

It was Todd’s turn to look at me blankly. “Why what?”

“Why’d you stop with the pills?”

“Oh,” he said. I waited for him to continue, but he just shrugged.

I saw he didn’t feel much like talking, so I didn’t press him further. Luckily I could think of a few activities that required no words whatsoever.

It was nearly two in the morning when I glanced at the red numbers above Todd’s television. He was lying on the couch without his shirt, but I could tell he had his stomach sucked in, the way he usually did on the rare occasion I could get him to take his clothing off.

“You know,” I said offhandedly, getting up, “We might be more comfortable if we moved this little party to the bedroom.”

Todd smiled and took the hand I offered him. “You’re a clever young lady, Miss Valentini.”

I laughed. “Why, thank you, Mr. Marston.”

He had barely shut the door behind us when my arms were around his neck again.

“You are so…freaking sexy,” I whispered huskily as I slid my one of my hands down his chubby back.

“Right back at you,” Todd murmured, his hands brushing against my chest.

I moved my hands around the sides of his torso, and for the first time I felt the heavy bones of his ribcage pressing against the skin. That was unexpected. And slightly disconcerting.

“Something wrong?” Todd asked, sounding worried. I realized I had suddenly pulled away from him.

“I…it’s…nothing,” I stammered. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, but I was suddenly feeling confused. I hadn’t expected to be so disturbed by what had to be a natural part of losing weight.

Through an excellent show of willpower, I forced myself to think of something else, and after a while I was back to enjoying my favorite soft bits of Todd’s body.

We made it into the bed, and I nuzzled my head into Todd’s chest. He pressed his lips to my forehead and ran one hand up and down my back. After a while I could feel him unclasping my bra, and I adjusted my position to help him pull it off.

“Wow,” he whispered.

I giggled and blushed. It still made my heart race to know he found me as attractive as I found him.

We leaned toward one another again, and slowly sank back into a reclining position. We kissed for a while longer, until we were so close I could once again feel his ribcage pressing into my own. Bone on bone was a new sensation to me, and one I immediately disliked.

I pulled away again, kicking myself inwardly. If I didn’t want Todd to walk out on me, I was going to have to just deal with it. I moved to kiss Todd, but he must have sensed my hesitancy, as he stopped me with one of his powerful arms.

“Okay, Viv, I have to know…what’s bothering you?”

I shrugged. “Nothing.”

Todd snorted. “Have you seen how many girls there are in my family? I know when a woman says ‘nothing,’ there’s always something. Usually something bad. So just say it.”

“Nothing,” I said again. “I feel like a brat,” I elaborated.

Todd shook his head at me, his pretty eyes wide. “You’re driving me crazy, woman. I promise I won’t get mad.”

I sighed. Honesty was the best policy, after all. “It’s just…uh…your ribs keep bumping into me and like, bruising…and it’s just that that never happened before.”

Todd was quiet for a few seconds. Then he smiled.

“I should have known,” he laughed. “And I was thinking you were weirded out by how much pizza I ate back there.”

I grinned back. His stomach did look nicely rounded from what was probably the first big meal he’d had in a while.

He kissed me on the cheek, but then assumed a more serious expression. “But I don’t know what to tell you. I mean you said…you said it wouldn’t matter.”

He looked a little sad, and my heart sank. “I know,” I answered quickly, “And it doesn’t bother me. I promise. It’s just that it was unexpected, that’s all.”

He shrugged. “I guess I have been losing weight pretty quickly of late.”
“It’s all good, I’m happy if you are, honestly,” I answered, pulling him in for a deep kiss to show I was serious.

I woke up the next morning, his arm around my waist, holding me close. I smiled and carefully detached myself, walking soundlessly into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. It was a few minutes before I looked halfway presentable, but Todd was still asleep when I came back into the bedroom.

It struck me how much thinner he was than the first time we met. The boy I had fallen for was comfortably within the ‘fat’ category, while now he barely passed as chubby. He was still handsome, though, I thought to myself with a smile. So what if there was a little less of him than before? It didn’t mean I was going to love him any less.

An instant later, it occurred to me that I had just described my feelings toward Todd as ‘love’. In Todd’s mirror, I could see my own reflection looking back in surprise. I smiled, shrugged, and walked into the kitchen.

I was pouring coffee when Jack walked in, looking exhausted.

“I feel like I should be used to seeing you in here, but for some reason it always throws me off,” he grinned, closing the door.

“Hey Jack,” I said. I didn’t ask him how his night went. Judging from the dark circles under his eyes, not well.

“Where’s big boy?” Jack asked, looking around. “Trouble in paradise?” he added hopefully.

I laughed. “Hardly. He’s sleeping.”

“You know, for the rest of the world, it’s like three in the afternoon. I guess I don’t need to ask if you guys had a good time without me,” Jack winked.

I rolled my eyes. “Want some coffee?” He looked like he could use some.

He nodded and took the cup I offered.

“So…you might want to rethink being off the market,” Jack said, leaning with both elbows on the counter.

“Oh really?” I asked, taking a sip of my coffee. I had learned to not let Jack’s odd sense of social interaction get to me.

He grinned. “You’re looking at a single man, beautiful.”

I wasn’t sure what to say. “Oh…sorry,” was the best I could come up with.

Jack shrugged. “Really, no need to be. I’m kind of relieved.”

I didn’t believe him, but I didn’t tell him that.

Todd walked in a few minutes later. He took the cup of coffee I offered with a smile and sat next to Jack.

“How’d things go?” Todd asked. Jack looked into his coffee and shrugged.

“Good enough. We’re over.”

“Crap man, I’m sorry. I bet you’re better off without her, though.”

Jack nodded. “I can only assume,” he laughed.

All this talk of Jack and Leslie reminded me of my favorite reunited couple.

“I think I’m gonna head out of here, guys,” I said.

“It’s a long walk,” Todd replied. “I’ll give you a lift.”

I smiled. He was always so sweet.

I asked if he would drop me off at Anna’s, and he agreed. We were almost there when Todd looked over at me.

“You wanna know why I stopped taking those diet pills?” he asked quietly.

I nodded.

“It was…um. Well. It was for you.”

“For me?” I echoed in surprise.

A smile played on Todd’s lips.

“Yeah. Guys will do a lot of things to impress the girls they like,” he said with a laugh. “If you were into muscleheads, I would have worked out ten times a day just to get you to notice me. If you liked skinny guys, I’d never eat again. Since you happen to be into the heavy guys, I figured I could live with a few extra pounds if it was going to make you happy. Lord knows I’ve been bigger than this without anyone to appreciate it,” he grinned.

I could only look at him. My heart was racing.

“Pull over,” I whispered, my eyes locked on his.

He looked confused, but did as I said.

The instant the car stopped I climbed over the center console and kissed him. Hard.

burning_sky

YOU made my night! I saw this updated, got up to get a glass of wine and settled in to enjoy. Only wishing it was longer... Thank you!

Latest posts