• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Anti fat people

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killexia

This is kind of a soap box rant followed by my question....sorry for making a long story long, as my grandpa would say.

My dad lives in FL and I'm in AL. We are all from MI. Every time I visit him I'm usually the biggest thing in his county. LOL There is a grocery chain there called Lucky's which is an expensive grocery store that carries unique items and is kind of like a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. It's one of those pretentious places that I want to shop at more for their awesome produce and European chocolates, but I feel weirded out being a fat girl when I walk through those doors. For the record, I avoid places like Whole Foods on purpose and go to Walmart instead. More of a "please let me be around my people" thing.

I realized the last time I went shopping there that people are so prejudiced against big people. It is apparent in how the other customers interact with you (aka me). In fact, one customer left a review stating their distaste for the obese employees and wondered if management was going to do something about that. She said it is a bad experience to go to a store that pushes healthy foods only to be around fat employees.

My last interaction with a customer was saying excuse me as I worked my cart around them. I'm always polite in public. This old lady wearing Chanel shoes purses her lips and says I should lose weight or move out of Florida. I had a few choice words being the tough ass trucker I am, but damn!

Florida is also the only state where I was walking down the sidewalk somewhere with my dad to go do something where this skinny guy blatantly took his phone out and takes my photo. There is a slim chance he took it to masturbate to it later, but more than likely he wanted to post it and make fun of the fat girl.

I find that in my state of Alabama I am taken at more than face value and so I'm very comfortable here. I have never gone anywhere and been met with such rudeness when it comes to body size. In my entire life I can't recall ever having been singled out for being fat outside elementary school. I guess my personality shines through the rolls.

Have you ever avoided places because of a fat stigma or had people be so blatantly rude to your face in this day and age?

Sorry for being long winded.

Latest posts

Back