Any Hockey Fans Here?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Bolts answered back, so we have at least a 5 game series.

I forgot the game was on.

Donna

the book version is always better
Tonight’s game was a bummer. It started out exciting…Bolts scored within the first minute of the game. They poured it out in the first period, but it kind of went down from there. My suspicion is Colorado was holding back. I fell asleep (not because the game was boring, I assure you) during the third period, so I missed the OT. I just watched playback and it was a hard fought battle to the end.

What I don’t get with Tampa this year is their inability to score during power plays. They blew every single one tonight. They’re just plain being outplayed this year. It’s probably going to be over after game five. Damn…

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
That OT goal, on replay, was even more obvious than Kane's 2010 Cup winner. It's amazing how long it took for everyone to realize it.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Yes, I'm watching the game. Yes, I only watch the American coverage. Yes, I'm already getting sleepy. As long as there are no follow up questions, we good.

20220624_213554.jpg

Donna

I’ll be damned, the Bolts pulled one out of their butts. I missed it live, looking forward to watching the DVR in the morning. Couldn’t resist checking the score, though. Go Lightning!!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Donna

The Avalanche deserve the Cup. They have played their asses off.

Still, my heart broke for both Coop and Stamkos; the defeat on their faces last night was palpable.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
The Avalanche set a new record for "quickest to damage the Cup."

avs.jpg

Rojodi

I am three and a half hours from the Bruins and Islanders, two and half hours from the Rangers and Devils.
I was 90 minutes from the Whalers when they played in Springfield MA, two hours in Hartford, and that was when traffic was BAD!

svenm2112

I am a ugly man
I've hesitated to post this thread for the last few days for a few reasons. Primarily, I haven't watched much hockey at all since the pandemic started. Second, I'm an Ottawa Senators fan. The Sens have a load of young talent, but the off-ice hijinks always overshadow everything. I hope things settle down now after the passing of Uncle Gene, but I remain a skeptic.

Anyhoo...we used to have whole threads devoted to single seasons, but I think the baseball thread is a good example to follow to keep the board nice and clean.

Since we're in the middle of a Tampa Bay Lightning dynasty(!), who do you have winning the Cup?
I been a hockey fan ever since I was 5 for 1972-73 season. So I've been a couple of games I've seen the Springfield Falcons about four times and the baby bees or the Providence Bruins just one time. And the Boston Bruins two times.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My team just traded away their first and second round picks in this week's draft -- I hate it!
But they received a 24 year old goal scoring machine who will still be a restricted free agent after the coming season. I love it!

I'm so conflicted.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Tad: I'm lovin' it. I'm assuming they play him with Timmy Stu. If they click, look out.

Draft picks are nice, but judging by the response from Hawks fans we may have won this deal soundly.

I'm seeing jealous Habs fans as well.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Tad: I'm lovin' it. I'm assuming they play him with Timmy Stu. If they click, look out.

Draft picks are nice, but judging by the response from Hawks fans we may have won this deal soundly.

I'm seeing jealous Habs fans as well.

Upon learning more, yes he is a restricted free agent at the end of the coming season ... but the qualifying offer is $9 million/year. That is the minimum they have to offer to keep his rights. Oof! When the Sens have to Sign Norris this year, Stutzle next year, and Sanderson the year after, it won't be long before Ottawa has cap issues and has to trade some of those I suspect. So I hope things really click this year and they surprise everyone with a deep run and make it all worthwhile.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
DeBrincat, Talbot, and now Giroux...! Murray and Del Zotto, out.

Break up the Sens!

20220713_122050.jpg

Latest posts