Any one else here into SSBHM's ONLY??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

escapist

Belt Buster!
And to attempt getting back on track with some of the recent posts, I think SSBHM is relative and probably has to do with frame, height, and body fat percentage than just a number. What's super-sized for some isn't super-sized for others. Like what would be SSBHM status for 5'5'-5'6" me isn't going to be SSBHM status for someone like Escapist.
Totally true, for me 300 lbs is just a little bit chunky.

FFAKAT

WOW..I didn't know that my personal preference would start a debate...
I'm not good at using the quote thing, since I would have to quote a few people in one message...so I will give my overview opinion
1. My current BF is 450lbs..he is sexy and attractive. BUT I am a Feeder and my ideal man would be well over 500lbs++. The BF has gained 75lbs already and has abdominal hernias so I'm not sure if he'll ever have the dreambody I want. But he keeps packing on the lbs, I'm not sure inetionally or just cause he can't change his eating habits. I am human and have sugessted him getting the Lap Band..cause of his health problems. I thought I would never suggest that to a man..ever.....but he does have health problems related to hernias/hernia repair surgeries/ and complications due to the use of surgical mesh beign placed in his abdomen(I have a post in the health forum, describing this problem totally for reference.)
2. Just my preference that I think men are better looking at 500+lbs..To me 500+ is the ideal weight range and shape and size I desire and am most attracted to. Other girls had brad pitt, My first celeb. crush at 13 was Robert Earl Hughes(use to be biggest man ever). I would enjoy taking care of a 700+ lb man....I accepted the whole scope of Feederism and extreme obesity a long time ago as what turn me on...the whole package.

Rember these are my opinions and other users are entitled to there opinions..I respect that and respect mine please too. :doh: Like I said I'm a Feeder into SSBHM's/extreme weight gain and all that comes with it:bow:

stldpn

WOW..I didn't know that my personal preference would start a debate...
I'm not good at using the quote thing, since I would have to quote a few people in one message...so I will give my overview opinion
1. My current BF is 450lbs..he is sexy and attractive. BUT I am a Feeder and my ideal man would be well over 500lbs++. The BF has gained 75lbs already and has abdominal hernias so I'm not sure if he'll ever have the dreambody I want. But he keeps packing on the lbs, I'm not sure inetionally or just cause he can't change his eating habits. I am human and have sugessted him getting the Lap Band..cause of his health problems. I thought I would never suggest that to a man..ever.....but he does have health problems related to hernias/hernia repair surgeries/ and complications due to the use of surgical mesh beign placed in his abdomen(I have a post in the health forum, describing this problem totally for reference.)
2. Just my preference that I think men are better looking at 500+lbs..To me 500+ is the ideal weight range and shape and size I desire and am most attracted to. Other girls had brad pitt, My first celeb. crush at 13 was Robert Earl Hughes(use to be biggest man ever). I would enjoy taking care of a 700+ lb man....I accepted the whole scope of Feederism and extreme obesity a long time ago as what turn me on...the whole package.

Rember these are my opinions and other users are entitled to there opinions..I respect that and respect mine please too. :doh: Like I said I'm a Feeder into SSBHM's/extreme weight gain and all that comes with it:bow:
I'll just add this little bit. I don't pretend to know FFAKAT by any stretch of the imagination. But, I can remember chatting with her in a yahoo group almost five years ago mostly because she struck me even then as a very sweet very good looking young lady. I will admit though, until now, I was never fully aware of her interest in 700+ men. I think, well... I know... that it sort of shocked me, but I do know that the bottom line is she never had any intention of hurting anyone's feelings by voicing her opinion.

FFAKAT

"please watch how we phrase things." That's all I wanted to say.

Freedom of sppech:mad:

BigWheels

It's OK, I bite back
Reviving this thread.

I know it's been a while, but I'm over the 400 mark now & I'm not sure how someone with the mobility problems of this size (or larger) goes about finding that someone special.

Are there chat groups or something? A little help will go a long way...

And is it weird I like cold fried chicken & coffee in the morning?:eat2::eat2:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Oh wow, never noticed this thread before! I guess that I don't really count as I like guys of any size but I do like the really big guys as well!

My partner is over 400lbs and was around 450 when I met him, though his mobility is fine, thankfully. Me and him met on an art website of all places though so I suppose my advice would just be to talk to people who have similar hobbies to you.

...is the coffee cold? As a vegetarian I'm not sure about the chicken. Don't you omnivore types eat cold sliced chicken sometimes or chicken in pieces? So I guess it might work...?

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Reviving this thread.

I know it's been a while, but I'm over the 400 mark now & I'm not sure how someone with the mobility problems of this size (or larger) goes about finding that someone special.

Are there chat groups or something? A little help will go a long way...

And is it weird I like cold fried chicken & coffee in the morning?:eat2::eat2:
What kind of mobility problems are you having? I was having issues with my knees, and I managed to alleviate that pretty significantly by getting custom foot soles for my shoes as well as wearing one of those knee compression wrap things sometimes when I know I will be walking more than usual.

I was having issues with my lower back, so I started doing some light stretches that really helped as well as conscientiously working on my posture. For quite a while I forced myself to remember to stand flat on my feet, back straight, etc and that really really helped. I have the fat guy waddle going on, and because of that when I walked I would find myself leaning backwards as I walked to help support it and also keep the lower part of my belly from hitting my legs, but that ends up being pretty killer on the back.

Lastly, we also started doing light exercises that would help me strengthen up my lower back muscles - low impact stuff. It made it a lot easier for us to keep doing things without worrying about having to stop and rest and whatnot and really doesnt require all that much effort

hbighappy

I am ssbhm but I carry my weight well I am pretty tall at 6 feet 4 inches I have no mobility issues thank goodness Im about 600 lbs never put my weight on here been shy about it but hey it is what is I am currently losing weight and want to lose more

tankyguy

Regarding mobility:

I find I go through a lot of sneakers. In about 6 months the support in the sole just gets compressed and it's like walking on a piece of thin cardboard. I usually buy a size up an double up on gel inserts in prolong their life before I have to toss them.

Walks don't tire me in the cardiovascular sense, but I get real burning in my shins/swollen ankles and a bit of lower back pain after about 0.5 km
The 'fat guy waddle' also doesn't help because it's putting extra stress on your joins and you're walking in a way the body wasn't designed to. IMO, the extra weight you're pulling aside, restricted range of motion is what the real killer is when walking.

When I can swim, I opt for that. 100% support, zero stress on joints and moving through water provides its own resistance for a big guy.

Me and him met on an art website of all places though so I suppose my advice would just be to talk to people who have similar hobbies to you.
That site wouldn't happen to be deviantart, would it? Never thought of meeting anyone through it or even putting a picture of myself on there.

As a side note, there's quite a bit of BBW art on there. Even a bit of BHM.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Regarding mobility:

I find I go through a lot of sneakers. In about 6 months the support in the sole just gets compressed and it's like walking on a piece of thin cardboard. I usually buy a size up an double up on gel inserts in prolong their life before I have to toss them.

Walks don't tire me in the cardiovascular sense, but I get real burning in my shins/swollen ankles and a bit of lower back pain after about 0.5 km
The 'fat guy waddle' also doesn't help because it's putting extra stress on your joins and you're walking in a way the body wasn't designed to. IMO, the extra weight you're pulling aside, restricted range of motion is what the real killer is when walking.

When I can swim, I opt for that. 100% support, zero stress on joints and moving through water provides its own resistance for a big guy.
It might be the amount of time you spend walking in them as well. I know when I was uni I walked so much that I went through trainers like they were going out of fashion and I was only about 150lbs at the time. What quality of trainers do you buy? Because I found that the more expensive trainers lasted me a year instead of a few weeks.

Do you get a burning pain in the muscles in the front of your shins by any chance and sometimes get pulled muscles there after walking? Because I have always had that problem and I think it comes from the way you hold your feet when you walk rather than anything else. I have found that if you make a conscious effort to move your feet more at the ankles so that they aren't stiff bent slightly upwards as you put your foot down then that helps.

Oddly enough, swimming really hurts my joints! So if you are a bigger person with hypermobile joints or have joints with movement rather than weight bearing problems you have to be careful with that too.

That site wouldn't happen to be deviantart, would it? Never thought of meeting anyone through it or even putting a picture of myself on there.

As a side note, there's quite a bit of BBW art on there. Even a bit of BHM.
Yes actually it was! Good guessing! My partner never put a picture of himself on there either, the first time I ever saw him was when we spoke on webcam. I never had any inclination towards having romantic interactions with anyone, at all, anywhere, never mind on deviantART but he rather swept me off my feet I suppose! We just spoke about each others art at first.

Yes, there is a lot of BBW art on there and there is actually a lot of BHM art too if you know where to look. You can find both in my gallery, for instant! </shameless plug>

tankyguy

What quality of trainers do you buy? Because I found that the more expensive trainers lasted me a year instead of a few weeks.
These are New Balance 622's. I have no idea if they are quality or not.

Do you get a burning pain in the muscles in the front of your shins by any chance and sometimes get pulled muscles there after walking? Because I have always had that problem and I think it comes from the way you hold your feet when you walk rather than anything else.
Yeah, I think you're on the money. People have always told me I have a "flat footed" step. When most people take a step, their heel goes down first, then the ball of their foot, then their toes. I've always had a tendency to go right to the ball of my foot. You can see it because that's always where the bottom of my sneaker treads get scuffed down first.

Oddly enough, I never walked anywhere when I was a kid; I ran all the time, which you think would be odd for a fat kid. I was also like 3rd in my class for the 60m dash in gym class against kids who were rail-thin compared to me.

You can find both in my gallery, for instant! </shameless plug>
Well, I can't because I don't know your gallery name and it doesn't appear to be in your profile! :p
[Never mind! Brain fart. I just tried your forum name]

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yeah, I think you're on the money. People have always told me I have a "flat footed" step. When most people take a step, their heel goes down first, then the ball of their foot, then their toes. I've always had a tendency to go right to the ball of my foot. You can see it because that's always where the bottom of my sneaker treads get scuffed down first.

Oddly enough, I never walked anywhere when I was a kid; I ran all the time, which you think would be odd for a fat kid. I was also like 3rd in my class for the 60m dash in gym class against kids who were rail-thin compared to me.
Hmm, I had never thought about that before but now that you mention it I go down on the ball of my foot first too and that is wear my trainers wear. Oooh, I never noticed that before, we are awesome! I used to be a very good runner as a kid as well and I was always a bit bigger as a kid. Then again, being heavier only makes much of difference over a long distance and more muscle mass means faster sprinting at first so it makes sense that bigger people would make good sprinters to a certain extent. ^^

Well, I can't because I don't know your gallery name and it doesn't appear to be in your profile! :p
[Never mind! Brain fart. I just tried your forum name]
Ah, sorry about that! That is my account on there, but my main deviantART account is smile-flight rather than that one. You can see some dorky pictures of me I uploaded there as well!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
New Balance is a good brand of shoes, in general. Sounds like both of you are 'toe strikers' I think that is what they call it in runner-speak). If you go to a good store they'll actually watch you walk (and/or look at the wear pattern on your shoes) and can help line you up with shoes that suit your gait best. Of course those stores mostly cater to runners and you may or may not get staff who will take an interest in the issues of a bigger person (although I've had pretty good luck, and I'm clearly no runner)

Having said that, if you are heavy and walk a lot, yah you'll go through shoes faster than the average person, no doubt. Key is getting there when they aren't too busy--often the best staff hate being bored, so will be happy to go help anyone.

Jabbauk

I find Asics gel trainers are really comfy and last well, plus they have some that give support for the athletic build like mine :)

BigWheels

It's OK, I bite back
LOL...I ended up creating a sub-thread in this thread... :D

Damn I'm good.

I do have to agree on NB shoes. Love them. I need to get another pair. I generally wear lace up boots (more for ankle support).:happy:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I've got a new pair of reeboks! I find boots that lace up the ankle actually hurt my ankles rather than help support them for reason, I guess I am just weird? :confused:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I've got a new pair of reeboks! I find boots that lace up the ankle actually hurt my ankles rather than help support them for reason, I guess I am just weird? :confused:
Not really. Shoe/boot makers design their wares around certain, common, fits. They aren't all the same, but they do tend to be similar (what they consider to be roughly 'the most common foot'). If you differ in some ways, you might have any number of fit issues. If you are lucky you'll eventually find a brand that fits you better than others, but that isn't always consistent (Saucony running shoes aren't as wide in the toe box as they used to be, for instance :mad: ). Best suggestion is that if you find something really comfy, buy two pairs. You'll eventually have to shop again, but at least it won't be for twice as long!

(Most shoes are too narrow for me on the outside of the toes, many give me a pressure point half way up the outside, many won't hold my heel properly, and many hurt me across the tendons that run up the front of the ankle).

With the boots hurting your ankle, in particular, one thing to try is lacing them up to only one eye shy of the top. No promises, but sometimes for me that works.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Not really. Shoe/boot makers design their wares around certain, common, fits. They aren't all the same, but they do tend to be similar (what they consider to be roughly 'the most common foot'). If you differ in some ways, you might have any number of fit issues. If you are lucky you'll eventually find a brand that fits you better than others, but that isn't always consistent (Saucony running shoes aren't as wide in the toe box as they used to be, for instance :mad: ). Best suggestion is that if you find something really comfy, buy two pairs. You'll eventually have to shop again, but at least it won't be for twice as long!

(Most shoes are too narrow for me on the outside of the toes, many give me a pressure point half way up the outside, many won't hold my heel properly, and many hurt me across the tendons that run up the front of the ankle).

With the boots hurting your ankle, in particular, one thing to try is lacing them up to only one eye shy of the top. No promises, but sometimes for me that works.
I hadn't really considered that but you are, as usual, quite correct! :happy: For instance, I know that Adidas and Puma trainers are narrower than Reebok or Nike. I have found that Reeboks work well for me but I haven't found any high lacing boots/shoes that suit me yet. Apart from my New Rocks and they are too heavy to walk around in! I have settled for having two pairs of trainers, some more expensive Reeboks for moving long distances and doing sports in and some cheap trainers for walking the dogs. Sadly the cheap trainers are too small and my toes hit the end of them but whatever!