• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Any other writers have this problem?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevita

like the pancake
I have a trait that I'm trying to portray in a character, but it's hard to articulate it.

It's Christyn from Served, if anyone's keeping up with it, and basically, her personality goes like this: she's a mirror. She tends to absorb and reflect the energy of the people around her: if she's with someone who puts out a calm vibe, she'll be calm and in her element, but she'll get into it real fast if she's forced into close quarters with someone who's acting hot-headed and cantankerous. I want to call it empathy, but it's not exactly that. If someone's being trying to conflict with her, she has no empathy for them in the moment. A big part of her descent into feedism revolves around sensing Damian's needs, but she can slip into the role of the war tactician on a busy restaurant shift just as well as the doting caretaker in her relationship and she is very, very influenced by her environment, to the point where her drinking problem is in part influenced by her need to smooth out the sharp edges of everyday life. Is there a word for this? Is it a sensory processing issue? I feel like I'd have an easier time writing for her if I knew what this was called. Also, do any other writers have this issue where you have a character trait you want to write but you don't have a word for it?

Latest posts

Back