Any Scuba Divers?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BeachLovinBBW

I recently fulfilled the lifelong dream of becoming certified in Scuba. It tweaked so many issues in me that I see still need my love and attention, but I am THRILLED that I overcame my fears and just went for it. Since doing this, I've been trying to find big girl scuba resources or just to connect with someone who's been there, done that. It's tough to find anything. Just curious if we have any divers who might want to give me their insights.

TIA!
Chris

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
The original owner of dimensions is an avid scuba diver as well as avid FA. He still pops in occasionally, so you could look up the user ID webmaster and send him a PM. Don't. Know how fast any response would be, but worth a try.

Ho Ho Tai

Thank you so much for the info, Tad!!!

Have a great day!
The humidity was so high the other day, especially for Minnesota, that I told someone that if the humidity rose just another degree or two, we'd need scuba masks just to walk around.

Better today. Tad, thanks for sending some of that cooler, dryer Canadian air this way.

landshark

Happy to be part of Dims!
It's been years, but I did scuba while stationed overseas in Okinawa, Japan. They have some great reefs on the west side of the island. I can't speak to what you're looking for specifically (sorry) but I think it's awesome you got out there and did it! Enjoy your new hobby!

Am Jim

Great accomplishment! Just try to go diving a couple of times a year so you keep you skills up. Also you can go for a higher certification like advanced open water. My thoughts are the more you learn and practice the more fun and more safe you will be.

op user

Always put on the top of the diving suit. Find someone to dive with, that you share the same level of commitment about diving (otherwise you will not dive much).

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
I recently fulfilled the lifelong dream of becoming certified in Scuba. It tweaked so many issues in me that I see still need my love and attention, but I am THRILLED that I overcame my fears and just went for it. Since doing this, I've been trying to find big girl scuba resources or just to connect with someone who's been there, done that. It's tough to find anything. Just curious if we have any divers who might want to give me their insights.
Congratulations on overcoming your fears and getting scuba certified!! I absolutely LOVE scuba, to the extent where I even wrote and published a book about it. What got me into it was my wife Carol who is a scuba instructor with 3,000 dives to her name. She never let her size stand in the way of getting even advanced scuba specialty certifications.

Scuba is one of the sports where size isn't much of an issue. There are a lot of fat divers, and many tell me that the weightlessness underwater and the absolute freedom of movement is what brought them to the sport. Add to that the fact that it's an incredible wonderland of sights and colors and life down there that only few ever get to see.

cebe

Scuba diver for years with my wife. Underwater nothing exists but the pleasure of diving, even in quarry training. For a moment the other world no longer exists.

Webmaster you said “Scuba is one of the sports where size isn't much of an issue”. I agree but I remember disapproving looks towards my oversized wife, especially while she was putting on her diving suit. Unfortunately there is this kind of person everywhere.