Anybody else in college right now or starting this year?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

squeezablysoft

Idk why it never occurred to me to ask this before. I guess because it's kinda unusual for ppl to find Dims that early in life (I'm old for a college student but I THINK I was typical college age when I found Dims) but it would be cool to talk to some fellow fat-friendly college students here.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Actually, BEK, I believe Squeeze is a mature student herself. =)

I went to university a few years back, but it's been about 8 years since I graduated now. I loved the learning part, not so keen on the 'being assessed' part!

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator
Actually, BEK, I believe Squeeze is a mature student herself. =)

I went to university a few years back, but it's been about 8 years since I graduated now. I loved the learning part, not so keen on the 'being assessed' part!
Mature, like fast or short, is a somewhat subjective word. I finished my bachelors at age 50 and going back for a masters at age 55. I'm just guessing here but betting she's not yet 30 (and if she IS over 30 she needs to bottle her beauty secrets and make millions!).:)

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
Hmm...I finished grad school in 1992, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and I've been working at a job I enjoy since the end of 1993. I'm racking up my 53rd birthday on Saturday but I ponder getting another degree sometimes, just not sure in what right now. I've been on Dims since 1994-95 and always welcome a chat with anyone who wants to write and say hi.

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator
Lol, I'm actually going to be 35 next Star Wars Day! I think my biggest secret was picking the right biological parents (for genetic purposes anyway, I was adopted so...).
Well, not to be flirty or anything like that but I was thinking more in the 26-28 range. Shows how much I know.

DJ_S

Just enrolled today, to do a diploma in Community Services. It's been many years since I've studied & decided to go outside my normal styles (art/design/photography/music), yet in an area that I feel, I'll be able to put my core values into play.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Speaking from the other side of the coin- I started as an Adjunct Instructor at a local University last fall and continuing this spring. I truly enjoyed the experience. Keeps one honest and on their toes. I've enjoyed sharing of practical "real world' knowledge combined with academic theory. I feel that the learning process is a two way street.

squeezablysoft

It occurred to me that if they had SSBBW sororities back in the day I would have stayed in school a lot longer!
At the Christian college I went to for my freshman year, they had groups that were like sororities and fraternities but they called them something else and everyone had to pick one to join. I actually went through old yearbooks and found that there was one group that seemed to be heavily weighted (n.p.i.) towards BBW. Guess which group I picked to join? ;)

Starling

I joined Dims when I was 18, but I’d been aware of it longer because I was a little creepy internet stalker trying to find those @ashblonde stories after her angelfire or whatever website she had them on went away hahaha.

ETA: the point of this was that I was on here for most of my college years - but I think there were a ton of super young people on here at the time - which is sadly “back in the day” now :p

Latest posts

Group builder