• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

AR I - Lynn's Story -by Matt L. (BBW, Romance, Self-realization, Alternate Reality)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW, Romance, Self-realization, Alternate Reality - a young lady finds herself with a little help from some friends

An Alternate Reality Story

AR I - Lynn's Story
by Matt L.

Section One: The Antique Store

Just by catching a glimpse of Lynn Summers, with her sweet apple cheeks and slight double chin, you'd think she was a chubby young maiden. This was actually hardly the case, because this pretty twenty-something young lady with shoulder length coal black hair, was in fact a slim and trim aerobic instructor at the Powerhouse health club and gym.

It goes without saying Lynn had many male admirers. However Lynn wasn't very happy being as popular as she was.

Most of the guys Lynn dated were jerks that would treat Lynn as a trophy chick. More then a handful of them would make sexual advances towards Lynn on their first date.

Lynn often complained to her friends, "What do I look like, a sex toy? Why can't I find a man who'll like me for who I am, not what I look like!"

One afternoon as Lynn was walking home from the Powerhouse Gym, she was caught in the middle of a downpour. As the rain fell harder, Lynn found shelter in an antique store. The middle aged women sitting behind the counter looked prim and proper with rust colored hair in a modern style, nice wardrobe, and warm easy going smile.

"Good afternoon young lady, I'm Leah Sverker."

Lynn acknowledged Leah with a smile, then slowly paced the store looking over the vast collection of merchandise.

Leah walked over to Lynn, "Looking for anything special sweetie, or did you just step in to come out of the rain?"

Lynn smiled, "Actually, I came in to step out of the rain, is that okay?"

Leah looked to her large picture window, "Sure sweetie, it's okay. The rain is coming down pretty good, isn't it?"

Lynn concurred as Leah brought out a stool and placed it over by the counter, "Come, sit. Let's engage in some old fashion girl talk."

Lynn felt obliged so she joined Leah over at the counter. "You must be an employee of the gym down the block, isn't that true?"

Lynn smiled, "Yes, I am. How would you know that?"

Leah laughed, "Look at your attire."

Lynn replied, "Well I could be just a client."

"But you’re not sweetie."

Then Leah looked into Lynn's eyes, "Something is bothering you? Give me your left hand."

Lynn at first felt a bit apprehensive about doing so but complied with Leah's wish. Leah closed her eyes as she held onto Lynn's hand, "You’re a real enthusiastic young lady. You like your profession and have many friends, though your love life is in chaos."

Lynn spoke up, "The men that I attract are only interested in the way I look, not for who I am. They don't give a crap about my opinions, my sense of humor, nothing but what I look like; they just want to date me so they can impress their buddys."

Leah went on, "But you didn't always look like this, did you?"

Lynn told Leah, "When I was 18 I got a job at a fast food restaurant; they let you eat as much as you wanted, I became a little plump."

Leah laughed, "You mean very plump."

Lynn rolled her eyes, "Okay, you’re right. By the time I quit the following year I put on a little over twenty-five pounds. I was up to around 150. But to tell you the truth I wish I never would of quit the Annie Burgers Restaurant. Sure, I know that I'd be a heavier girl now, but at least I would attract men with better qualities."

Leah opened her eyes, "So sweetie, you wonder what your life would of been like if you never became an aerobic instructor?"

Lynn smiled and shook her head in agreement, as Leah got up from her stool, and invited Lynn to follow her to a room in the back of the antique store. It was a big room, empty with exception to a large full-length mirror with oak trim.

"Go ahead, give yourself a look over," Leah encouraged Lynn, who marveled at her slim appearance, all decked out in a navy blue halter top, which showcased her tightly toned tummy, as well as the gray sweat pants that complimented her sleek thighs.

"Okay, so I have a trim and firm body, what's your point?"

Leah walked over to Lynn, "Look at your pretty face. From it's rounded shape I'd say you were meant to be chubby. Matter of fact, even if you never worked at that fast food restaurant when you were 18,you would of put the weight on anyway. The only reason why you’re slim today is because of your occupation. So look into the mirror sweetie and imagine your life as it was meant to be."

Lynn shrugged her shoulders and did as she was told. Leah took a step back and smiled. A weird glow emerged from the mirror and the room became cold.
Lynn touched the mirror and with instinct she closed her eyes, as an odd sensation over came her body.

Section Two: Lynn’s Life As A Chubby Maiden

Lynn opened her eyes and discovered she no longer was at the antique store, but rather behind the service counter at Annie Burgers fast food restaurant! As Lynn stood in shook, she heard the manager’s voice say to her, "Hey Lynn, isn't it time for your break?"

As the manager had Lynn replaced at her register, she made a quick dash to the women’s rest room.

"Oh my!" she said with hands held to the side of her pretty face, amazed at the transformation. Lynn looked over her newly acquired form in a light green and teal Annie burgers uniform, complete with visor.

Lynn's face was now even chubbier with fuller cheeks and a rather prominent double chin. Her upper arms were double their size and not as firm as she would of liked, while her breasts increased a few cup sizes larger. Lynn's belly was huge and round, as two big rolls hugged her once svelte waist. Her hips had become very wide as her enormous butt expanded over her thick, beefy thighs. Lynn's spandex and nylon uniform could barely contain her newfound girth, stretching the fabric, bringing attention to her corpulent belly and large posterior.

Lynn laughed in delight, "I must be over two hundred pounds!!!!"

She was correct, stepping onto the scale as soon as she arrived home from work, it read 210 lbs! As Lynn discovered her new life, she found some of it changed very little. Lynn still lived in the same apartment, had most of the same friends, as well as a few new ones. Some of her girlfriends were even heavier as well, since the slim Lynn wasn't around to motivate them.

The part of her life that changed the most concerned the men she once associated with. The superficial type of male Lynn once attracted never paid attention to her any longer. Though she was very happy over this most of the new guys Lynn would meet would like her only as a friend.

Another surprise for Lynn was that she rarely received compliments over her appearance, matter of fact it was the flip side of the coin. Though Lynn did have friends over at the restaurant, many of the teen-age girls would make fun of Lynn's fuller figure (behind her back of course. But Lynn knew what they were talking about whenever she would enter the room and the laughter would stop). There were even guys who would make comments and then chuckle as Lynn would walk by.

Lynn discovered the hard way that it's hard to be a full-bodied female in a world where slim females are considered the norm for physical beauty. Lynn also became reacquainted with her love for food. No longer interested in dieting, she ate things she had seldom tried in years. Through her enjoyment, Lynn added another twenty pounds in what seemed like no time at all.

Lynn still dressed what she called fashionable, yet in vogue. However, even as attractive as Lynn appeared, she still had a hard time connecting with guys. A co-worker suggested that maybe she should lose weight, which only upset Lynn more.

Lynn thought to herself one night as she lay awake in bed, “I once attracted men who were shallow and only wanted to date me to show me off, or take me to bed. Now all the guys I meet are only interested in me as a friend.”

Four months went by without a date and Lynn was becoming discouraged, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all?"

Section Three: The Turn Around

It was way past closing time at Annie Burgers as Lynn, and another employee she only remotely knew were cleaning up the restaurant and restocking supplies. As Lynn decided to take a quick break, she grabbed a cup of coffee, and stretched out in one of the booths where she contemplated her situation out loud, "I wanted guys to like me for who I am not because of my appearance. It hasn't changed. When I was slim, most guys thought of me as a sex object; now that I'm heavy they think I'm a slob."

Standing almost directly behind Lynn, cleaning off the tables was Jennifer Norris. Jenni was a slender, very pretty young lady, barely 17, with long brown hair, and beautiful brown eyes. She was by nature a fun loving person , and had a kind heart. "You were once slim!?!"

Lynn turned around, "Is that so hard to believe?"

Jenni walked around to the booth Lynn was reclining in, “I didn't mean to insult you Lynn and, no, it isn't so hard to believe.”

Then Jenni turned around and walked over to the coffee pot, "Sit right there, let me pour myself a cup, I want to tell you something."

When Jenni returned she sat down across from Lynn in the booth with a wide smile scripted across her face. "Okay, what's up Jen? Why the smile?"

Jenni took a sip of coffee, cleared her throat and fold her hands over the table, "You said, guys don't like you because you’re heavy."

Lynn shook her head, "Yeah, I mean most men don't ....."

Jenni cut her off, smile still in tack, "You are so wrong, Miss Summers."

A puzzled look drew upon Lynn's face, “Uh? Well if they like me it's as a buddy.”

Jenni laughed, "Wrong again. What would you say if I told you that I know someone who not only finds you attractive, but has a major crush on you?"

Lynn leaned forward, "Are you pulling my leg?"

Jenni shook her head, "I never B.S. any one when it comes to romance."

Lynn asked the big question, "Who?"

Jenni bit her lip, "I don't know if I should, I promised I wouldn't."

That wasn't good enough for Lynn, "Come on tell me! I've a right to know."

Jenni took another sip of coffee, then told Lynn, "Well, he did promise me he'd ask you out about a month ago and it's obvious he hasn't. He's also on my last good nerve always expressing to me how beautiful you are without acting on it and everyone knows I can't keep a secret, so I'll tell you. My brother Mark.”

Lynn was confused, "Do I even know your brother? Is this a gag?"

Jenni got up from the booth, "Yes you know my brother, he's only picked me up from the restaurant a couple hundred times!!!!"

That was a bit of an exaggering seeeing that Jenni had been there less than six months and in this shift only six weeks, but it made the point.

Jenni disappeared to the back of the restaurant as Lynn got up and went to refill the straws. When Jenni returned she yelled over from behind the service counter, "Let's get a move on missy, my brother’s picking us up in 45 minutes!"

Lynn yelled back, "I can't see your brother tonight, I look like something the cat dragged in! My hairs a mess, I'm in my work uniform........"

Jenni cut Lynn off again as she threw a wet rag at her, "Don't be such a big baby! You really want to ride the bus at this hour?"

Lynn thought a moment and realizedshe didn't really enjoy being on the streets alone at midnight, even though nothing had ever happened..

Forty-five minutes later the two of them stood outside of the Annie Burgers Restaurant. "You could have at least given me the time to brush my hair."

Jenni sat down on the pavement, "Rules are rules, you know we have to be out of the place by midnight."

Lynn chuckled, "This coming from the girl who lets her dates wait for her inside the place after closing hours and brews a fresh pot of coffee for them to boot."

Jenni grinned. So Lynn had been observing her more than she had ever acknowledged. She spotted her brother's car turning into the parking lot and stood up, "Here's Mark now."

As they got to the car Jenni quickly jumped into the back seat and Lynn was thereby forced to sit up front next to Mark.

"Mark you know Lynn, don't you?"

Mark shook his head in agreement as Jenni went on, "Lynn, doesn't my brother look familiar?"

Mark who was twenty-seven was a tall handsome gentlemen, with light brown hair, dressed rather casual in a black t-shirt and jeans. Lynn turned her head to Jenni in the back, "Actually, yes. He does look familiar."

She then looked to Mark, "Where have I've seen you before?"

Mark smiled, "Oh, just about every time I pick my sister up from work."

Lynn shrugged her shoulders, as Mark then gave her a humorous look of frustration when he brought up the Annie Burgers annual picnic that was held the previous month. "Remember the softball game? We were on the same team."

Lynn scratched her head, "You were the catcher, am I right?"

Mark gently touched Lynn's shoulder, "Right! You remember me now?"

Lynn grinned, "Kind of."

Mark pulled out from the driveway, "Okay Lynn, where exactly do you live?"

Before Lynn could reply, Jenni told Mark, "No, drop me off first!"

Mark turned to Jenni, "Uh?"

Jenni leaned over from her seat and tapped her brother lightly in the head with her purse, "Oh, just do it!"

After Mark dropped Jenni off at home, he drove Lynn to her apartment. Not one word was spoken between them until they reached Lynn's place of residence. Pulling along side the curb, they looked to one another and as a moment of silence seemed like forever, Lynn finally spoke up, "Your sister told me you liked me."

Mark looked into Lynn's eyes and placed his hand over hers, "Actually I do like you, I mean, you're not only very pretty but, I've seen how polite, and friendly you are. At the picnic I saw you laughing with a couple of your friends, I wanted so much to be apart of that, but my shyness prevented me from approaching you. Just like whenever I would see you at Annie Burgers. Lynn I really would like to get to know you."

Lynn smiled as she thought to herself, "I can't believe it, a man who actually likes me for who I really am."

Lynn shook her head, "Yes, I think I'd like to get to know you as well Mark, but we have one problem."

Mark looked to Lynn a little surprised, "What problem?"

"You haven't asked me out yet."

Mark shook his head, and laughed, "Oh, I believe I can remedy that!"

Lynn and Mark slowly became a couple, their bond became a classical romance, which in turn developed into true love. Lynn and Jenni became best friends as well. A year after Lynn exchanged wedding vows with Mark, she became the manager of the newest Annie Burgers restaurant.

Lynn never bothered to reflect on her former life, she was very happy, and after all that was truly an alternate reality from her life before.

(Click here for next story in this series)

Latest posts

Back