• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

AR19: Excursion from Chaos - by Matt L. (~BBW, Magic, ~MWG )

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW, Magic, ~MWG – Rebecca is successful as a professional, but at a cost, until she sought refuge in Leah's shop...

An Alternate Reality Story

AR19: Excursion from Chaos
by Matt L.
(For the previous installment of this series please click here)

This story is the property of Matt L. and is reposted with his permission. His e-mail address is [email protected], he'd like your comments sent to him.

[Editor's Note: This story is unique in that it has as an ending two widely different epilogues.
They will each be given their own thread.]

PART ONE CONTACT WITH A DIFFERENT WORLD

Leah was behind the counter, sipping her usual noontime tea as the young lady entered her shop. There was a certain air about this young woman, not the typical variety of customer that frequented the shop. For one thing, she had perfect posture and strolled around the various articles on sale like a debutante at an elegant ball.

She seemed impressed with the jewelry behind the glass case, glancing over the trinkets at her leisure. Pearl earrings and a silver chain garnished her being; thus she had knowledge in such ornaments. Leah tapped her chin, sizing up the feminine customer; wavy brownish-blond hair that rolled over her shoulders, revealing the chiseled bone structure of her alluring face.

Her curvaceous figure in a red and black striped shirt and top of the line black slacks. Amply endowed, trim waist, lean thighs, roughly 125-pounds if not a little better? Casually attired, but not practical to her profession. She wasn’t a blue-collar damsel, not by a long shot.

She took her time inspecting a few books and manuscripts that Leah had available. Her obvious comprehension of the tomes evidenced a better than average, probably prestigious education, perchance an Ivy League college in the east? Leah studied her, contemplated her body language, how she delicately moved, the strength of her eyes, the confidence in her walk. A passing glance snagged the verdict of who was browsing through Leah’s shop.

Leah crookedly smiled, “Rebecca Sterling, what do I owe this honor?”

Rebecca’s hand lightly brushed across the row of apparel, “You know me?”

Leah acknowledged Rebecca with an articulate nod; “I do watch Court TV.”

In brief, Rebecca Sterling was a renowned attorney whose career in law was on the fast track, as well as a fledging leader of the woman’s rights movement.

Leah’s fingers circled the top of her cup, “You won the Hampton VS Hampton case for Arial Hampton, though most critics felt she was a gold digger and not entitled to a penny of the estate. Likewise, you managed to set Catherine Connors free, even though it was considered murder, not a crime of passion.”

Rebecca smugly replied, “Thanks for the history lesson. To be honest, I only slipped in here to escape the cameras. They’ve been hounding me night and day, every since I agreed to represent Brandi Tatum Myttle.”

Leah was up to speed on that future trial, “Ah yes, let me see if I got this right? Vegas showgirl meets wealthy businessman, they hit if off, then conspire to off the Mrs.?”

Rebecca stood on her tiptoes to get a better view out of the shop’s picturesque window, then faced Leah, “Yeah, something like that.”

Leah’s lips curled, “Not one to commiserate with your public?”

Rebecca adjusted her trendy blouse, “It’s crazy. If it isn’t the reporters bugging me, it’s my fans and wannabe’s. The trial starts next week, and all I wanted was a little time to myself before the case starts.”

Leah acknowledged Rebecca with a smile; “You’re on vacation.”

Rebecca folded her arms over her bust, “That was my intention. I need a break, you know? Besides my legal career, I also do work for the A.O.F. Organization”

Leah lifted her eyebrows, “What organization is this that I’m so ignorant I’ve never heard before?”

Rebecca remarked with a stale expression, “It stands for ‘Advancement Of Females.’ It’s a grass root movement centered mainly in the Los Angeles area but we’re just about ready to go nation wide. Our foundation enables underprivileged females to find work as well as education in a male dominated society where they won’t fear harassment or prejudice.”

Leah’s elongated fingernails made a clanging sound as she tapped her teacup, “What do you know about the underprivileged? Correct my error in regards to your station in life, but aren’t you from a well to do family settled in New York City, when not entertaining at their Cape Cod summer home? Further more, didn’t you attend private schools your entire life, studied at Princeton as well as Harvard?”

Rebecca sneered, “Lady, you’ve done your homework.”

Leah enjoyed a modest sip of tea, then resumed, “Most of your clients are exceedingly wealthy, the handful that aren’t give you publicity. All have one thing in common. They’re all guilty or at the very least, far from innocent. You handle the jury with poise and sharpness. Sway verdicts with your charm and intelligence. Much like your male companions. Mostly wealthy men who are dazzled by your appearance, but you used them for your personnel gains. Notably to build your career and to secure your power and personnel wealth.”

Rebecca sighed, “You have a point?”

Leah tilted her head; “You’re an arrogant, self-centered young lady who doesn’t really care about people or justice.”

Rebecca was sincerely agitated; “I’m a professional in spite of what you may think of me. As for the men I acquaint myself with A. it’s an even trade. I look good on their arm; they open doors for me. And B. it’s none of your business.”

Leah chuckled, “Open doors for you? I would think a founding member of A.O.F. would open her own doors. I sense you think the male members of our society are Neanderthals that our gender needs to be protected from. The exception being those who can enhance your career. My husband Boris is a decent man, not quite a saint, but comparable to Gary Cooper if you know what I mean?”

Rebecca unexpectedly enquired, “Gary Cooper?”

Leah rolled her eyes; “You’ve studied at Harvard and don’t know who Gary Cooper is? Sergeant York? The Plainsman? Never mind. What I mean is, there are plenty of men, decent men like my Boris who are right gentlemen, some who labor hard in the pursuit of equality for females in the work place. Men who are considerate and loyal, gentle and kind. The type who would open the door for you for the right reason.”

Rebecca slowly backed away from the counter, “Thanks for the lecture.”

“Leaving so soon? Why we haven’t even discussed your appearance yet?”

Rebecca froze in her tracks, placing her hands over her hips, she elevated her chin, “What about my appearance?”

Leah walked around the counter and approached Rebecca with an all consuming smile; “Your appearance is your strength.”

Curiosity vexed the prim legal eagle, “Really?”

Rebecca took a step closer to Leah; “I eat right, exercise, the whole nine yards. But you’ll forgive me if I disagree. Sure I’m attractive. But it’s my intelligence that has built my career.”

Leah circled Rebecca; “You actually believe your intelligence matters? Far from it. Those doors that were opened for you, were open based on your looks.”

Rebecca whirled her hips to keep eye contact with Leah, “That’s hardly true.”

Leah scrunched her eyebrows, “If you were a smudge heavier, who’d take you seriously? Not those men you associate with. Materialistic and hollow, you couldn’t dazzle them, thus they wouldn’t open those doors for you.”

Leah paused in her tracks; “You’d still be in New York, working in small claims court, wearing your office butt like a badge of honor.”

Rebecca planted her hands on her hips, “I’ve worked very hard, my appearance has nothing to with my success.”

Leah’s eyes sparkled as her lips parted into a mocking grin, “Pity, a smart girl like you should be more realistic. Intelligence isn’t what they favor; it’s how you fill out a dress.”

Leah cleared her throat, “But you’re aware of that. You’re assertive, yes. Though skillful with your womanly charms, a vixen when it comes to flirting, you flaunt your body well enough to manipulate even the most cunning man.”

Rebecca crinkled her nose, her expression ripe with contempt, “Hey; it’s me against them. It’s a male dominated society, if I decide to dress provocatively to get noticed, to advance my career, all I’m doing is taking advantage of their hormones.”

Leah’s fingers ran diagonally over a rack of garments, “Becky, you do have a nice figure, I can understand why you’d want to show it off.”

Rebecca nodded, “Yes, thank you, but I prefer to be called Rebecca. More professional sounding.”

Leah concurred; “I see your point. Becky Sterling doesn’t cotton well with your lifestyle.”

Rebecca duly noted, “If I fetched coffee at some diner or was a milkmaid, sure.”

Leah hands breezed through the clothes, “Then you agree, Becky’s a more casual, less pretentious name?”

Rebecca joined Leah over by the clothing rack; “You’re trying to tell me something?”

Lifting her eyebrows, Leah shrewdly told her, “If you prefer not to be bothered on your vacation, then slip into a world where you’re simply Becky.”

Noticing the baffled expression haunting Rebecca’s exquisite face, Leah elucidated in detail, “Becky Sterling wouldn’t be inconvenienced by reporters or her fans, would go unnoticed, blend in with the crowd. There would be no need for you as Becky to exhibit your intellect or clothe yourself in trendy garments.”

A perceptive glare emanated from Leah’s eyes, “Without your ostentatious standard of living, your vanity would fade away, and there would be no pressure for you to diet.”

Rebecca nervously whirled a strand of hair around her finger, “Tell me about it. I’d be as big as a house if I didn’t count calories.”

Leah glimpsed over Rebecca’s hourglass figure, “That strict diet you’re following keeps you away from the chocolates and cheeseburgers you crave. Still you’re not without your insecurities.”

Rebecca let loose the strand of hair; her body became restless, “No, not really. I’m in the best shape ever.”

Leah reached out and took Rebecca’s left hand; “You’re self - conscious about your tummy, which is why you’re wearing a tummy control undergarment to contain the little pouch that makes you feel uncomfortable. You even have considered getting a tummy tuck. Ah, you might have dropped the pounds you put on while in college but, your belly has never retained it’s smooth surface.”

Rebecca withdrew her hand, “Hey! How did you know that?”

Leah’s smile sparkled, “Ms. Sterling, I’m privy to more than just your puffy belly. I’m aware you’ve been on a strict diet for a couple of years now. Around your twenty-second birthday when you noticed your slowing metabolism and how the pounds crept on with ease. You exercise, but not as often as you like. Once in a while, you do cheap on your diet. You curl up in bed with a gallon of ice cream or go to the extreme with take out from a fast food restaurant. Secretly you wish you could do this more often, matter of fact if you didn’t have such a high profile career you know you could. But then...........”

Rebecca finished Leah’s sentence, “There’s be no one to open doors for me.”

Leah nodded in agreement, then sighed, “Of course you’re aware of that. You’re own social prejudice speaks volumes.”

Rebecca’s brow wrinkled, her voice soften, “Well, most men don’t find fat woman appealing, why would I want to get fat?”

Leah swung head, “Pardon me, but you’ve been rude on several occasions towards plus size females, going as far back as high school. You consider them frumpy and unsophisticated. You fear being thought of in the same regards.”

Leah smiled with her eyes as well as her lips, Rebecca’s dumbfound expression was priceless.

Latest posts

Back