• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

AR20: Soul Mate Overture (1-6) - by Matt L. (~BBW(mult), Magic, Romance, ~VWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW (mult), Magic, Romance, ~VWG - with help of several experiences with Leah's mystic mirror a nice girl gets a broader perspective on life

An Alternate Reality Story

AR 20: SOUL MATE OVERTURE
by Matt L.

(Click here for prior chapter in this series)

PART ONE : THE APOLOGY.

Brandi Wilkes was leisurely spending the better part of her Saturday afternoon shopping at the West Field mall. The 18-year old high school Senior was just as thoroughly dynamic in character as she was in appearance. In fact, due to her outgoing nature and physical beauty, Brandi was among the most popular girls at school. Cordial and nice to just about everyone, Brandi did have a sarcastic sense of humor and was perhaps overly meticulous when it came to her appearance.

This complexity of character produced somewhat of a conundrum. Though Brandi wasn’t as pretentious as many of her friends, she was just as vain. Noted for having a vigorous appetite, Brandi needed to count calories, prompting even her mother to chime in good humor, “With your appetite I’m surprised you’re not huge!”

Call it conditioning or peer pressure, but Brandi was overwhelmingly obsessed with her weight. She had a fear of getting fat. Self-absorbed by the attention provided by her exquisite appearance, Brandi’s anxiety was perpetrated by the knowledge that heavier females were considered less attractive and socially unacceptable to most of her peers.

Brandi rarely made an unkind remark about anyone, at least she never made a habit of it. However, chubby girls were on a lower rung of the social ladder and partially due to her popularity, Brandi had no desire to compromise her status.

Brandi’s alluring oval shaped face was outlined by her vibrant chestnut brown mane that was long enough to roll over her shoulders. Wavy to some extent, her hair was combed back with a brown beret keeping her bangs out of her eyes. Her attire consisted of an olive green blouse and Old Navy jeans, garments that accurately detailed her feminine curves. Brandi’s shape was textbook hourglass, amply endowed with child baring hips, still relatively slender though a decent ten pounds or so away from legitimately plump.

Rather insecure about her figure, mainly because her tummy was a little soft and her upper thighs were a tad thick, Brandi was caught as our tale begins with a stroll in the mall in the chaos of either eating the foods she enjoyed and wearing a larger dress size or continuing with practices alien to her real desires.

Along with Brandi that afternoon at the mall was her best friend, though some might call Tracy Wellington her closest rival. Tracy was a much more rambunctious, high maintenance version of Brandi. Unlike Brandi, who intermingled with just about everyone, Tracy rejected anyone who didn’t fit her elitist protocol.

Furthermore, where Brandi was self-conscious about her figure, Tracy was intensely conceited. Tracy resembled an ancient Etruscan with her high cheek bones, pristine nose and angler chin. Her opaque blond mane with a trace of auburn shimmered over her shoulders, catering to her delicious features in a splendid display of cultured beauty, while her enticing slim figure appeared scrumptious in a pricey purple top and snug white jeans. Tracy reeked of money, manufactured class and self-importance. Even the tone of Tracy’s voice depicted her ivory towel disposition.

“Where to now?”, Tracy asked in her usual Boston wannabe reverberation.

Brandi rolled her tongue over her lips, “Beats me? I think we’ve been to every shop in the mall, twice.”

Tracy insidiously smiled, fully aware of Brandi’s strict diet but at the same time her hearty appetite, “What about lunch?”

Tracy wouldn’t mind seeing Brandi gain a few extra pounds, thus securing a position of superior rank in their shallow social circle. In all actuality, Tracy took every chance she got to sabotage her friend’s waistline. Brandi nudged the plastic variety of shopping bags against her thighs, turning sideways, her eyes locked on her reflection bestowed in the window of a jewelry store.

As Brandi hummed in thought as she meticulously examined her figure, Tracy strolled up along side her, buzzing with complete revelry, “What do you say? It’s almost noon and quite frankly, I’m getting a little hungry.”

Brandi’s jaw dropped, “I don’t know? I had an enormous breakfast but I really could go for a beef sandwich.”

Consumed with an outrageous amount of perkiness, Tracy virtually laughed, “Then let’s tarry on over to the food court.”

Brandi cleared her throat, before gliding her hands over her sparse muffin tops, “I think my mom’s making me fat.”

In a polite tone but with a mischievous grin, Tracy questioned Brandi, “You’re kidding me?”

Brandi led the journey, “I didn’t mean she’s doing it intentionally, silly. She’s loves to cook and I love to eat, a bad combination if you know what I mean.”

“You have an adequate metabolism for burning off calories”, Tracy candied smiled, “This trek through the mall will abolish those pesky breakfast calories with ease. You deserve some lunch”

Brandi timidly squeaked, “I freak n’ hope so.”

Tracy practically skipped with giddiness while en route to the food court with Brandi, keen on the possibility that Mrs. Wilkes was unknowingly aiding her cause. A plump version of Brandi would put her squarely in the spotlight, a chubby Brandi would be even better.

Not wanting to seem too eager about lunch, Tracy changed the subject, though in the back of her mind she was pondering how to talk Brandi into having a large order of fries.

“I heard Phoebe might have to cancel her party”, Tracy chattered away, “Her brother just moved back home and_.”

The sight of a pleasant young man walking into a bookstore muddled Brandi’s attention. Brandi sighed before announcing, “I have to make a detour, so I’ll meet up with you, okay?”

Tracy dropped her eyebrows, “Huh? You know I detest eating alone.”

Brandi lifted her chin, her lips twisting into an uncomfortable grin, “I’ll join you in a couple of minutes, okay?”

Thus a curious Tracy blurted, “Why?”

Brandi anxiously swung the shopping bags upward, “Do you always need to be so nosey?”

Tracy responded with a flutter of her eyes and wispy smile.

Brandi groaned, “Fine! Ben Hecht just walked into the bookstore and I need to have a few words with him.”

A stone faced Tracy gaped in utter shock, prompting Brandi to shrill ”What?”

Tracy sneered in contempt, “Why would you want to talk to Ben? He’s not one of us and besides that, didn’t Greg have a fight with him last night?”

Tracy was referring to the other night when Greg Cabot, who just happened to be Brandi’s main squeeze, took the liberty of pushing Ben around and mocking him at Burger King. Brandi wasn’t there to observe this altercation, though received the news from quite a few people, including Greg.

Brandi’s words ran over a coarse path with the knowledge Tracy wouldn’t understand, “I’m going to apologize.”

Tracy’s mouth dropped, “Why?”

Greg had a habit of picking on people, females not excluded, who weren’t on terms with the popular clique. Ben was often a target and Brandi was quite aware of that fact.

Tracy continued, “It isn’t like Ben is anyone important, and Greg would so not approve.”

Brandi swayed her head as she politely yet firmly dished the details, “Greg can be a butthead and his antics are becoming tiresome. He routinely picks on Ben because he’s quiet and like, doesn’t have much of a self esteem. I can only imagine what Ben must feel and it’s not good.”

Tracy tapped her foot, “So now you want to save the world? Join the Peace Corps.”

Brandi glimpsed back into the bookstore then rotated her head back to Tracy, “I won’t be long, just meet me at the food court.”

Tracy pulled the shopping bags adjacent to her hips, “Fine, but I’m not going to order anything until you join me. Only losers eat alone.”

(Continued in post 4 of this thread)

Latest posts

Back