• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

AR5: Ginger's Story - by Matt L. (~BBW (Multiple), Imagery)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW (Multiple), Imagery - Two siblings and friends learn some major lessons about true beauty and acceptance

An Alternate Reality Story

AR5: Ginger's Story
by Matt L.

(for prior installment please click here)

Part One: Ginger’s Friend

Ginger Fisk stood in front of her bedroom mirror admiring her slim body. The 19-year-old beauty was barely 125 pounds, with an ever so pretty face, soft green eye's and wavy shoulder length brown hair. Tapping her flat tummy, Ginger smiled at her reflection, then slowly turned to her closet and picked out her wardrobe for her trip to the mall. In this case, a pink halter top and powder blue jeans. After grabbing her purse, Ginger made tracks to meet up with her best friend Pamela Baines, though before she had made it out of her modest single family dwelling she ran into her sister Kimberly.

Two years older then Ginger, Kimberly also had a slim figure, and long golden blond hair that flowed over her shoulders. What irked Ginger the most about Kimberly was her conceited nature. Ginger knew she was attractive, but she never made a point of sharing it with the world like her older sister often done. Kimberly would rave to anyone who'd listen about how beautiful and popular she was, and this actually made Ginger feel nauseous. Kimberly also felt that the key to feminine beauty was marked by dress size, the smaller the size, thus more attractive the woman.

"Where are you off to?" Kim asked as she sat in the family room watching television with a big bowl of ice cream on her lap.

Ginger smiled as she looked at her sister, still in her nightgown, and well past noon, "Your just going to sit around like that all day?"

Kim shook her head as she gulped down a spoonful of ice cream, "No, I've a date later. Why bother getting dressed when I'm not doing anything until then."

Ginger shrugged her shoulders, and told Kim, "Okay, maybe I'll be back in time to meet Mister Wonderful."

Kim dropped some ice cream on her thigh, scooped it up with her fingers, and placed it into her mouth, "Where did you say you were going?"

Ginger laughed, "I'm going to meet Pam at the mall. The Gap is having a sale."

Kim sat up straight, and as she ate another spoonful of her frozen treat told Ginger, "Like the Gap has anything in her size? Wouldn't Vanity Salk be a much more worthier friend for you to associate with?"

Vanity, whose real name was Emma, was Ginger's other best friend who had once been a very chubby young lady until a rigid diet program took the pounds off just before she turned 16. Ever since then Emma earned the nick name of Vanity due to the fact, just like Kim, she bragged to anyone who'd listen about how cute she happened to be.

Ginger walked over to her sister, "Pammy's really not at all that heavy."

Kim laughed, "Try she's 175 pounds really that heavy."

Kim was correct; Pamela Baines was a very chubby gal. Ginger looked down at her sister, "Be thankful for your metabolism or you'd be even heavier then Pam."

Kimberly was one of those girls who could eat as much as she wanted, and not gain a pound. Kim pointed out the direction of the door, "I thought you were leaving?"

Ginger bent over and softly touched her sister under the chin, "My, are we getting a second chin?"

Ginger giggled as Kim got off the couch and raced to the bathroom to inspect her chin. Gazing into the mirror, Kim quickly discovered Ginger's lie, "No way! I look perfect."

Kim then threw a kiss to her reflection.

At Chicago Ridge mall Ginger found Pam staring into the window of a clothing store. Pamela was a cute enough young lady with apple cheeks, a slight double chin and long curly red hair. Pam unfortunately, like many chubby females, lacked good self-esteem, and the outfit she wore more then proved the point.

Dressed in an over size black sweat shirt and matching pants, Pamela actually looked heavier then she actually was, especially in the hind quarters. The store window had on display womens swimsuits of all types, with exception of those for the more generous in size. Pam smiled, "I wish I could fit into that neon purple suit. Then maybe I'd actually attend the beach party next Saturday."

Ginger wrapped her arm around her friend, "I thought you we're going to tag along with me?"

A sour expression touched Pam's sweet face, "I'm way too fat Ginger. I can't go with my huge butt and thunder thighs."

Ginger took a step back and remarked, "Oh Pammy, we'll find the perfect suit that'll hide any of what ou hink of as your figure flaws."

Pam watched as two slender females her own age walked by wearing outfits that complimented their slim shapes, "Thanks Ginger, but seriously I 'd feel out of place."

Ginger tried in vain to change her friend's mind as they walked to the Gap, but to no avail. At The Gap Pam watched how the sale ladies immediately waited on her slim friend, and completely ignored her. They even showered Ginger with compliments over her gorgeous figure. All the while Pam stood alone as if she was invisible. One lady even accidentally bumped into Pam, and didn't even have the good manners to excuse herself. When Pam asked for help on a certain item, the sales lady replied, "Just a minute," and left to help another slim young lady who just entered the store.

After Ginger bought a few items, the girls left the mall for a bite to eat. Ginger noticed Pam was in a foul mood, and when she asked what was bothering her, Pam gave her a phony excuse. Ginger decided to drop the subject, figuring Pam would spill the beans sooner or later.

The friends picked a local hang out to lunch at a dime-a-dozen-burger place. A few minutes into their meal Vanity Salk walked into the restaurant. Vanity, whose slim yet hour glass figure looked marvelous in a light green blouse and tight black slacks, had an oval shaped ultra beautiful face, and long brown hair with blond highlights.

"Hey Ginger! I stopped by your home. Kim told me you deserted me and went to the mall."

Ginger laughed, "Yeah, something like that. Join us?"

Vanity marched right to the table the girls were sitting at, and pulled up a chair along side of Ginger, "Buy anything good?"

As Ginger showed Vanity the garments she bought, Pam munched on her fries and thought to herself, "Vanity didn't even acknowledge me. Worst yet, Ginger didn't even notice that."

As Vanity and Ginger spoke, Pam was again completely ignored. Pam did try to join in on the conversation, and though Ginger did at times pay attention to her comments, Pam could tell she was a third wheel. Worst yet when two young men whom Vanity knew stopped by to chat, all attention was focused on Ginger and Vanity. Pamela just munched on her food as the guys flirted with the slim young ladies.

One of the guys, Flint Ventura did make eye contact with Pam, but nothing was said. For the most part Pam went unnoticed. After the guys left, the three friends continued their lunch; of course Pam barely said a word as her friends controlled the conversation.

Just as the girls finished their meal Gretchen Kittle entered the restaurant. Gretchen was a beautiful 19-year-old young lady in her own right, with long braided blond hair that hung down to the center of her back. Her well-fed 198 lbs figure looked stunning in a tight turquoise T-shirt and black jeans. Her chubby face was very attractive and she wore just enough makeup to flatter her soft facial features.

With Gretchen were a couple of other friends, though it was Gretchen that Vanity commented about since she was the heaviest one in the bunch. "Look at the size of her ass. My gosh, is it huge or what?"

Pam looked to Ginger; "I think she's a pretty girl despite her size."

Ginger Concurred, "Yeah, she's not at all bad looking."

Ignoring the fact that she was once overweight herself, Vanity continued with her catty remarks, "Are you kidding me? She's a cow."

Ginger shook her head and disagreed, "Okay, so she's a heavy girl, but Gretchen does have a lot of style."

Vanity stood up and swung her purse over her shoulder as she remarked, "You’re only saying that because you have it in a bad way for her brother. You like the guy so you’re not going to be truthful about his fat sister."

Ginger sipped her diet coke, "Wrong Vanity, I'm being honest. Gretchen is a beautiful young lady."

Vanity smiled, "Whatever you say. I have to be going. I'm supposed to catch up with Clark at five, he's taking me to the movies."

As Vanity left Pam looked to Ginger, "Why is she even dating Clark? He used to be so mean to her when she was chubby."

Ginger shrugged her shoulders, "Beats me Pammy, she did have a major crush on him back then. But, yeah he did treat her pretty crappy. Funny how these things work out, I never seriously thought they'd become an item."

Ginger wiped her mouth with a napkin, "My sister's going out with a new guy I haven't met yet. Want to tag a long with me and check him out?"

Pam shook her head, "Yeah, anyways we need to talk."

Curiously Ginger replied, "Sure, what's up?"

The two friends removed themselves from their table as Pam told inger, "Let's wait until we get home. This is a major coffee talk."

Ginger chuckled, "Sounds intriguing."

The girls walked towards the exit and were stopped by Gretchen, "Hello Ginger, Hi Pamela, how are things?"

After a few casual comments Gretchen brought up the beach party.

"You're going right? My brother's going to be there."

Ginger smiled, "I'm looking forward to it."

Gretchen asked Pam the same question, though Pam looked to the floor, "I don't know, maybe. We'll see."

The girls conversed with Gretchen and friends a bit longer, and then went on to Ginger's home. Arriving at home the girls discovered Kim in the bathroom getting ready for her date. Ginger stood in the doorway as Kim was drying her hair and noticed that her vain older sister had a slight tummy bulge that poured over her pink cotton panties, looking like a pouch. Smiling, Ginger pressed her index finger into Kim's soft tummy, "Looks like all that ice cream is finally catching up with you."

Kim snapped back, "It's just a little water weight!"

Ginger giggled, "Sorry Kim, I'm afraid you have the start of a big pot belly!"

Kim shoved Ginger out of the bathroom and violently slammed shut the door. Ginger laughed, "Okay porky. Tell me when the latest love of your life gets here!"

A few minutes later, coffee cups in hand, Pam told Ginger, "It's terrible being fat. At the mall you were waited on hand and foot while I was completely ignored. Why? Because I'm heavy that’s why. Even at the restaurant, while you and Vanity talked it was like I was outside looking in. Like I didn't belong, even the guys didn't notice me. Almost as if there's two different world's, and as chubbier chicks don't belong in yours."

Ginger patted her friend on her thick thigh, "Aren't you being a little mello dramatic?"

Pam's finger traced the rim of her cup, "You're so perfect Ginger; the perfect face, the perfect hair, the perfect body. If you were like me you'd understand. Fat girls are treated different."

Ginger tried to convince her friend that it wasn't true, but to no effect. The next day as Ginger was walking home from the local community college not far from her home she paused for a moment in front of Leah's antique store. Gazing into the window she decided to stop in for curiosity sake. Leah greeted Ginger right away, "Hello missy, anything I can do for you?"

Ginger smiled, "Actually I'm just looking, you have so many nice things."

Leah took her seat behind the counter, "Thank you missy, I hope you find what you’re looking for."

Ginger approached Leah, "I'm not looking for anything special ma'am."

Leah grinned as she asked, "How about the answer to your question?"

With an odd expression written across her pretty face, Ginger replied, "What question?"

Leah took hold of Ginger's left hand and closed her eyes, "Your wondering if your friend was right. Are thin females treated differently then heavy females?"

Ginger was in shock, "How did you know that?"

Leah continued, "You wonder what your life would be like if you were a heavy gal just like your friend."

Leah opened her eye's and let loose Ginger's hand. Ginger told Leah what Pam thought, and that she felt Pam was over reacting. Leah brought Ginger into the back room. "There's one way to find out missy."

Leah led Ginger to the large full-length mirror with oak trim. "Imagine your life if you were 50 pounds heavier."

For some strange reason Ginger complied with Leah's wishes. Glancing over her svelte barely 125 pound figure looking fabulous in a blue denim shirt and white jeans, Ginger smiled, "Oh I can do better then that Ma'am. What if Pam was slim and I was chubby."

As soon as Ginger made that comment she felt a cold chill run through her body.

Latest posts

Back