Are pitchers athletes?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
...damn that guy is hot. I want to come up with some sort of clever baseball related pun but my mind is blank! :wubu:

fat hiker

I've heard of guys who played both baseball and football; generally they had running positions on the football team. Ben Ancheff looks like he could move from the pitcher's mound to the offensive line! Those thighs are awesome!!!

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
He is hot.. and yes he can easily move to football.

To answer the original question, yes. Pitching is part of the sport. They may not run or hit as much as the other players, but they do require some kind of athletics to play the game. Agility, quick reflexes, etc.

fat hiker

Actually, it turns out that he was first in wrestling (285 pound class), then added football, then added baseball, in high school. So he moved from football to baseball! Lettering in three sports in high school is quite impressive at any size!

Still, part of me wonders how much weight he's put on since those 285 pound days in wrestling - I know the college lists him at 300, but he looks a lot, a LOT bigger on the pitcher's mound than in any of the news shots of him wrestling at 285. 320? 330?

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Actually, it turns out that he was first in wrestling (285 pound class), then added football, then added baseball, in high school. So he moved from football to baseball! Lettering in three sports in high school is quite impressive at any size!

Still, part of me wonders how much weight he's put on since those 285 pound days in wrestling - I know the college lists him at 300, but he looks a lot, a LOT bigger on the pitcher's mound than in any of the news shots of him wrestling at 285. 320? 330?

I think it is because most of the baseball players are so small/thin. It makes him appear bigger..lol

lille

I think it is because most of the baseball players are so small/thin. It makes him appear bigger..lol

I think he is definitely bigger that 300. My boyfriend is 5'10 330ish and looks smaller than this guy.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
I think he is definitely bigger that 300. My boyfriend is 5'10 330ish and looks smaller than this guy.

I think he is bigger, but the smaller/thinner players around him make him seem bigger as well. He has to easily be 350.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I wonder if his league has designated hitters, or whether he has to hit and bat, too? I don't know how nimble he'd be rounding the bases, but you'd think that when he connected with the ball solidly, it would travel well!

And I'd think he'd be close to poster-boy for what "muscle-chub" means?

fat hiker

I wonder if his league has designated hitters, or whether he has to hit and bat, too? I don't know how nimble he'd be rounding the bases, but you'd think that when he connected with the ball solidly, it would travel well!

And I'd think he'd be close to poster-boy for what "muscle-chub" means?

I wondered about his speed round the bases too - though if he hits it out of the ball park with those mighty arms and shoulders, his speed doesn't much matter!

Oddly enough, I was also thinking that 350 pounds would be a good possibility - that would make the size difference from his 'relatively lean' 285 wrestling days.

Jigen

I guess they must follow the same training as the other players.
I have similar discussions about archery. Many people think archery is a sedentary activity, but it's not true. You need an intense muscular training, mostly thought machines, stretching, elastic bands, weightlifting balance training and sometimes even short runs, crunches and pull-ups. Although, seeing Italian archers, you'd never tell.
They both are in sport, then they surely need to train as much as possible to keep up with the others, I think.

fat hiker

Video of Ben Ancheff pitching: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqYgmVLgi2Q[/ame]
and in this video, at the 24 second mark, we get to see him running/jogging:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q03WKWOl870[/ame]

Go big guy go!

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Video of Ben Ancheff pitching:
and in this video, at the 24 second mark, we get to see him running/jogging

Go big guy go!

...I might have to watch these videos several times. For research. :D

Latest posts