article - The Reason I Won't Mention My Size On Dating Apps

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by fuelingfire, Aug 28, 2017.

1. May 21, 2019 #61

Sidhuriel

Sidhuriel

Sidhuriel

Cooking Queen

Right!

That's also why I call myself fat, because fat is nothing more than a descriptor like tall etc and nothing to be ashamed about!
    I notice it makes people uncomfortable and they usually try to tell me I am not fat, which they mean well but it just shows how taboo fat has become. I'm comfortable in my skin and I show it. We're fat and we're here, deal with it.

Shotha likes this.
  2. May 22, 2019 #62

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm happy with my body. If others aren't happy, then that's their problem for them to sort out. In fact, it's none of their business, because they don't have to live in my body.

Sidhuriel likes this.
  3. Aug 12, 2019 #63

Jimevil2000

Jimevil2000

Jimevil2000

I think the focus is entirely wrong. It is looked through the lens of “only large people are judged for their size” which is a complete falsehood.

The reality is, no matter how attracted you are to a persons personality, sense of humor, intelligence, etc, there is a physical component. I happen to only be attracted to larger women. I’m as vapid and shallow as someone who likes tall guys, or abs, or blondes. We all have preferences.

With that said, the thing I hate is being treated like something is wrong for having a bbw preference. Being asked why? Why does anyone like anything? Because you do. It’s that simple.

4. Aug 12, 2019 #64

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

From the FA in my life I heard the same thing. He could wax poetic about the experience of being next to and with a bbw. But the summation was - because he liked his women that way.

Jimevil2000 likes this.