• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Asian Pickled Vegetables

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatlane

Starting Arvist
I'm starting to be addicted to these bad boys. I buy a box of pickled carrots and radishes at the Vietnamese market for about $2 and they last about a week if I don't have any help eating them.

There's a gentle sour taste to them, but the vegetable flavor goes right along with them and they're a great foil to a sweet or savory dish. They're also great in soups. I just get a package of pho noodles (again, thanks, Viet market!) and cook 'em up, then toss in some green onion, cilantro, and pickled vegetables. One time I added barbacoa that I got from the local Fiesta and died, went to heaven, then turned around and came back for a second bite. Best. Soup. Ever... at least for that week.

And then I found myself adding them to other Mexican dishes and having a ball with them. They're quite a versatile garnish and they can bring out flavors in the food in ways I didn't always appreciate before.

I can't stand dill pickles, but I love the Asian pickles. Yessiree, Bob!

Latest posts

Back