At what point were you comfortable

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Poet

This question is for the members that had started off skinny and had incremental goals - you can still have incremental goals if you reach your goals - and had the inclination for getting fat but were still worried about getting fat.

Was there a point where that anxiety subsided and you felt alot more comfortable about gaining weight. For example you set a goal of putting in 15 pounds and once that you reach that 15 pounds you thought ok this isn’t so bad I want to continue and see how I feel and I’ll put on another 15 pounds snd re-assess from there.

Recardo Admirer

What's up Poet? Is the desire to gain weight just an aesthetic preference or a deep-seated need or both? What does the gain get you/what does it represent?

Poet

What's up Poet? Is the desire to gain weight just an aesthetic preference or a deep-seated need or both? What does the gain get you/what does it represent?

That’s a good question. On the context of aesthetic preference - i don’t want to feel rail thin anymore. I like feeling like I have substance like I’m bigger all around.

For me it would represent letting go of something that was a lot of maintenance constantly thinking about weight or feeling hungry - I like the extra energy that you get from being constantly satiated. I like the feeling when I’ve put on weight.

It would be more about feeling comfortable and less militant on diet for myself in a world that is fatphobic.

I was really skinny at one time and hated it.

I got really confident when I got to 250 and it felt perfect to me.

Of course the gainer bug hit me and I ended up gaining more.

Thanks for sharing this. I want to get other peoples experience with where they felt like they’ve reached a milestone and felt ok I’m feeling more comfortable with where I’m at in regards to their weight.

I’ve stayed at 170 for a long time after a 40lbs gain - probably knowing that the next 30 there’s probably no turning back and thinking about what I want.

tracii 4591

I reached a point at 425 lbs where it was actually too much weight.
Doing simple every day things were getting hard to do.
Tying my shoes, going up and down stairs, getting in and out of my SUV just to mention a few things.
I'm only 5'4 and being that heavy was not all that much fun.
I do deal with compulsive over eating and that was how I ended up that heavy.
I did manage to lose weight and get down to 345.
My weight does vary 5 or 10 lbs either way.
Being winter I am currently 350 ish.

Poet

I reached a point at 425 lbs where it was actually too much weight.
Doing simple every day things were getting hard to do.
Tying my shoes, going up and down stairs, getting in and out of my SUV just to mention a few things.
I'm only 5'4 and being that heavy was not all that much fun.
Thanks for sharing your experience. You made changes that suit you. It’s not one size fits all.

I want to change my relationship with food and self image - not be so conscientious with asthetics - be healthy and happier.

Since you were skinny like me, may I ask you if there is anything in particular that you did to push through that plateau? Was there anything that you did to increase your appetite?

tracii 4591

To push thru a plateau I would eat a bowl of ice cream or drink a glass of heavy cream before bed.
Doing that kept the calories coming in. Sort of nudging the metabolism.
I also just kept eating larger portions at meal time even if I wasn't gaining at the time.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
For me it was probably at about 225 pounds. For me (5'8", relatively light build) that size had quite a substantial belly, enough that it was slightly awkward working around it and that there was no hiding it. And I felt obsessed with how I looked, I was always looking in the mirror and taking pictures. I did subsequently lose close to twenty pounds for practical reasons, but knew that at some point I'd gain it back (and more), which I did for a while.

LJ Rock

I think I'm definitely in my "comfort zone" right about now. I've been hovering the in the 240-ish range now for almost ten years now. I know that as I start to approach 300, that's when things on my body start to go "haywire" -- so as much as the idea of being that soft and fluffy might be appealing, it likely shall never be for me.

Reactions: Tad

Mr. Jigglesworth

A true Meatierologist.
I was really skinny at one time and hated it.
I got really confident when I got to 250 and it felt perfect to me.
Of course the gainer bug hit me and I ended up gaining more.
Ohhh thank God, maybe to should look into gaming to help gain as I do watch tv/movies alot, and I buy snacks and candy, tattening foods but I don't seem to be hungry enough to eat them to actually gain the weight. I wouldn't be able to explain this to my doctor without getting committed, so is anyone else having these problems gaining weight while being type 2diabetic too?

BHMINTX

To push thru a plateau I would eat a bowl of ice cream or drink a glass of heavy cream before bed.
Doing that kept the calories coming in. Sort of nudging the metabolism.
I also just kept eating larger portions at meal time even if I wasn't gaining at the time.
I've been consuming about 5000 calories a day more or less (mostly more LOL) and if something calls for milk (cereal, coffee,etc), I substitute heavy cream. I've been gaining on average 3 1/2 pounds a week. :cool: I was quite surprised by how fast and how much.

And yes, a glass of heavy cream before bed!

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
I was svelte most of my life and only gained as I go older. Hoping to shave off 20 lbs here in the near future.

kilo riley

I've never had wg goals. I just love to eat. And I've had difficulty controlling my eating at times. All my favorite foods are fattening. There's a Mexican take out place I love and I used to get three burritos (they are big) and three tacos. When it comes to food I've always done it to excess.

By the end of the first year of the pandemic I would say I was uncomfortablely fat whenever I had to do something. It was a year of lockdown and a lot of bed/couch time. I got up to 450 lbs (I'm 5'6) and my wife had to do a lot of things for me.

I've changed my lifestyle a bit the last year plus and I'm under 400 lbs. A little more walking and a less excessive eating.

Reactions: Tad

luckyfa

My highest weight was 425 a while back and things got much harder to do. Tying my shoes, getting my car,
Walking up and down the stairs at home.
That was before the pandemic and I was back down to 350 when it hit.
425 pic enclosed.
My legs were huge and belly was massive.
Beautiful!

Latest posts