• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Ataraxia's Philosophy Corner

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataraxia

Ok, I've lurked on the old board since about 2000, saying very little. And now, with the new board, I've started to post, but generally, it's just been banter, side topics, meta-topics, and the occasional appreciative paysite-board response. Lest I be relegated to the "nice but useless" category (or worse), I will now finally get around to contributing something.

Now, I'm neither a BBW (since I'm a guy), nor a BHM (well, maybe a little, but...), so I'm not in the pic-posting business. Neither am I a fiction writer, to create fun stuff for the Weight Room. I don;t usually even get the opportunity to report in on "sightings" (though I don't know why).

What I can do I present a little bit of philosophy, my observations on Dimensions and the Size-acceptance culture in general as I see it, and of course (since I'm such an egomaniac), some stuff about me and how I fit in to the big picture here. Some food for thought, which won't make you fat but might just make you a fathead. And lots of parentheses – can't forget those. :D

Here at Dimensions there is a weird paradox. At once, large folks are both acknowledged as such to a degree rarely found in the outside world, and also treated more "normally", as whole human beings, than they are (most likely) "out there." Isn't that odd, when you stop and think about it? We can have threads which start with pics and end with wolf-whistles, drool, and gushing thank-yous. We also have threads about video games and what we're reading. What does that mean? What incredibly deep fact can be gleaned from this observation, and this pompous sentence? Why, that we're human!

All people are diverse. I don't mean in the external sense that we are different ages, races, and so forth. I mean in the internal sense – that the thought-population of each of our minds shows great variation. How many things do you think about every day? How many of them have absolutely dum-diddly-do in common with each other? The way we treat each other here is just a reflection of the fact that we recognize each others' basic humanity (whether we know it or not) instead of just each others' fatness.

On other boards (on other subjects) at which I post, there is usually much discussion about where the board's community is compared to the "mainstream" of whatever movement it discusses. You don't see much of that here. Why not? Because we are the mainstream of the Size-acceptance community. Think about that for a second. Right here, we are at the center of this aspect of our lives. (And we wouldn't be here at all if not for Conrad. I'm certainly grateful, anyway.) This means we get to decide the direction of the movement! If we make plans here, and execute them (guillotine preferred), then who is to tell us otherwise?

And how do I fit in here? (See, I told you I'd get there eventually.) As you've probably noticed from looking at my sig, I am a Discordian. What's that mean? It means that I'm a worshiper of the goddess of chaos, discord, and jokes, Eris. Yes, really. (Unless I'm in a funny mood or something.) Does that mean I have to be an annoying jerk all the time? No, of course not. It means that I can do whatever I want, even if it makes no sense – but it's still my fault if I do something stupid and get in trouble. It also means that other Discordians are free to disagree with my definition. (Ask three Discordians for a definition and you'll get ten answers. If you never know your own mind, then you're an absolute paradigm of Discordianism.) So I'm a nut. And what did the preceding have to do with anything? Well, I'm human too. All people are weird somehow.

On a more mundane note, I'm also a 26-year-old single FA. If there were any doubts as to why I'm still single in a city like Pittsburgh which is teeming with lovely large ladies, I'm sure that after reading this whole post, you understand the problem quite well. (I also happen to be a computer geek, a Euro-metal fan, a science fiction nut, and a semi-occultist. w00t.)

I'd appreciate feedback as to whether pieces like this are interesting/appropriate to the members here. I wouldn't like to write stuff of this length on a regular basis only to find that Conrad changes my name to "That Annoying Dork" or something. (I also wish we had a few more smilies available, such as a "laughing" one or a "twisted" one. I had a hard time making my attitude clear in this post without them, and I'm still not sure I succeeded.)

Thanks for reading all the way to the end.

Latest posts

Back