• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Author: FA's Make Me Want To Be Thin

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay West Coast

Witness to the Thickness
I was flipping through the cover article in the SFWeekly this morning at my local coffeeshop. The author had weight loss surgery two years ago, but I decided to read it anyway out of pure curiosity. The author goes on about how she actually cherished being 360, but in the world in which fat people have to live, it became "unreasonable" to not to live as a thin person.

As she discusses her life experience being fat (which is well written and I think people ought to be more educated to what the fat experience is), she writes a chapter about dating FA's:

What is there to say about chubby chasers? They objectify fat women, and after eight years of no action, this ho was ready to be objectified. Everything that might disgust you about your body — your hanging belly, your cottage-cheese butt, your floppy, massive titties — got these men harder than concrete.

On the Internet I came across a guy who was conventionally handsome in his picture. He wasn't really the sort of man the thin me would go for — too square — but compared to all the other gnomes out there who liked superbig girls, he was a catch. I instant-messaged him with a picture of myself. He asked for my phone number, and for some stupid reason I gave it to him.

Small talk ensued. I said I was a writer, and he told me he was an actor currently playing Tony in Tony and Tina's Wedding in a Philly dinner theater. He instantly got very pushy about my going there to meet him. "I just feel something between us, you know?" he said. "Like, girls like you are hard to come by. That woman 'Tina' in my play, she's like this Barbie doll, totally what most men would want. She disgusts me. I like fat girls."

"Okaaaaayyyy," I responded, alarm bells going off.

He wanted to fly me out to see his show, and insisted that I would come backstage after his performance: "Yeah!" His voice was picking up in pace and he seemed, er, a bit more herky-jerky.

"You will come backstage! And I will introduce you to Tina!"

"Yeah?" I said. "I dunno ..."

"Yes! You will meet Tina, and ... and ... and then I want you to ... squish her."

He said the "squish her" part with a breathlessness that belied the release that I feared was coming.

"Squish her??!"

"Yeah! Press your big fat body into her! Press her into the floor! Ohhhhhhhh!"

Click.

I think it was at this point that I began to really consider weight-loss surgery.

After reading this, I felt really strange. Is it true? Are we weirdoes? If this liberal ultra-accepting newspaper labels us as fetishistic bucketcases, maybe I've been thinking of this all wrong.

What are your experiences with FA's? Are they the wonderful intentions of creation made to appreciate fat women for the beautiful beings they are, or a collection of fellers who could use some counseling? Was this author's experience indicative, or unfortunate and off-base?

(And, yes, part of me is posting this to hear self-affirming points that FA's are not freaks.)

Latest posts

Back