Quantcast

Bad day

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

runningman

Sometimes life just kicks you in the doodaas. Everybody knows life isn't fair and somedays I guess its just your turn.

I recently had an offer accepted for a house. It would be my first house. My girlfriend and I were/are planning to move in together. So the mortgage had all been arranged and we were just waiting for some paperwork to be sorted out so that we could get in and start doing the work that needed to be done. This had been dragging on for what seemed like ages (a few weeks). On Wednesday I called my solicitor for an update and heard that the required paperwork from the seller's solicitor had been taken care of and everything was ready to go and we could arrange a completion date! I called from work at about 11:30am and was very excited at the good news which I passed on to my girlfriend and she was excited too. At roughly 3:30pm I got an unexpected call from security at the place where I work asking me to contact personnel. Whereupon I was requested to immediately attend a meeting. And I was made redundant. The company are apparently struggling in the economic downturn etc etc. So I went from high to very low in a few hours. Now the mortgage is on hold and I may have to pull out altogether and still have to pay costs.

Anyone else had life kick them in the bits recently?

Ruffie

Aww I am so sorry this has happened to you! Its so frustrating to try and move forward in your life and then have something happen that just pulls the rug out from under you. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other cause with out the valleys you can't get to the next mountain you want to climb. *hugs to you and your lady*
Ruth

MsGreenLantern

Keanu Drakula The Centaur
I interviewed with my companies programs head today, and not only did she call me unqualified for a position my best friend with less experience had the year before, but she is also paying me less, and offering less hours. Basically my experience means nothing, my good references mean nothing, and I am trapped in an underpaid part time job for the rest of my freakingnaturalgodforsakenlife >.< Sorry I'm livid after that meeting. I really needed more money to pay my student loans and get some insurance and all.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Sometimes life just kicks you in the doodaas. Everybody knows life isn't fair and somedays I guess its just your turn.

I recently had an offer accepted for a house. It would be my first house. My girlfriend and I were/are planning to move in together. So the mortgage had all been arranged and we were just waiting for some paperwork to be sorted out so that we could get in and start doing the work that needed to be done. This had been dragging on for what seemed like ages (a few weeks). On Wednesday I called my solicitor for an update and heard that the required paperwork from the seller's solicitor had been taken care of and everything was ready to go and we could arrange a completion date! I called from work at about 11:30am and was very excited at the good news which I passed on to my girlfriend and she was excited too. At roughly 3:30pm I got an unexpected call from security at the place where I work asking me to contact personnel. Whereupon I was requested to immediately attend a meeting. And I was made redundant. The company are apparently struggling in the economic downturn etc etc. So I went from high to very low in a few hours. Now the mortgage is on hold and I may have to pull out altogether and still have to pay costs.

Dear Runningman,

I am sorry to hear about the company declaring you redundant. That's a tough hit to take. As far as having to pay for costs relating to you buying the house if you back out, I would think these costs should be waived. I don't know the legal system in Wales, but across the pond, I would talk to all the government agencies I could about getting exempted. We have a real estate board, the banks have boards of people who run the bank, contact my lawyer (solicitor). Heck, I would even contact Washington, the federal offices or Obama and his chiefs (your government heads?) if I still needed an exemption. I would be willing to pay the real estate agent a moderate fee for their work, but not the complete bill that they are asking for.

steely

I'm sorry that happened to you.Sometimes,life is just a kick in the teeth.Wishing you and your girlfriend the very best.

Rowan

wickedly delicious
Oh yes...very much so. This weekend is my 31st birthday (sunday), and it is overshadowed by the fact that my brother and his girlfriend chose this weekend to get married. Okay...so I can live with that...no biggie. Well then my mom tells me today as we were going to go out and run some errands before the wedding that my other younger brother who just got into town, his shack up gf who is on the way down here on the bus got admitted to a hospital on the way down because of severe abdominal cramps (most likely just withdrawls..shes a drug addict) and that I need to drive my brother up to Georgia to see her and pick her up...and I was like...WHAT?? I said it's not my responsibility to take him to pick up his druggie girlfriend. I was upset because they expect me to do this, and the only reason i took monday off of work was for MY BIRTHDAY. I told her that I was upset because I felt like my birthday isnt important at all because of this wedding and because my addict brothers problems are bigger and therefore more important. We were in the car driving out of the apt complex when i said this, and she responds that I need to just stop being such a baby.

This of course upset me and so I told her I wanted out of the car and I would do my errands on my own in my own car. She let me out and I shut the door. Apparently she felt I slammed it, and so as im walking back toward the apartment and my own car, she throws her car in reverse and actually hits me with her car...ON PURPOSE. I didnt fall, but it messed up my already hurt knee. I opened the door and asked her what the hell she was doing and she had this nasty look on her face and said how dare I slam her door and told me to shut it nicely, so I did and she drove off saying mean things about me to herself in her car. So, I limped back to my car to do my errands...and now I dont even feel like going to my brothers wedding since ive been crying all day. And when i get home and she's ready to leave she tells me that shes ready anytime I am...as if id go with her now...and i told her so and she said she thought id want a designated driver. Yeah..me..when yesterday she was saying she was going to need to get stoned and drunk to deal with my brothers wedding and the stress.

Sometimes I just ask myself if this really can be my life...*sigh*

Sorry to unload here...but dont really have any friends and this seemed like a good thread to do it on lol

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
Oh yes...very much so. This weekend is my 31st birthday (sunday), and it is overshadowed by the fact that my brother and his girlfriend chose this weekend to get married. Okay...so I can live with that...no biggie. Well then my mom tells me today as we were going to go out and run some errands before the wedding that my other younger brother who just got into town, his shack up gf who is on the way down here on the bus got admitted to a hospital on the way down because of severe abdominal cramps (most likely just withdrawls..shes a drug addict) and that I need to drive my brother up to Georgia to see her and pick her up...and I was like...WHAT?? I said it's not my responsibility to take him to pick up his druggie girlfriend. I was upset because they expect me to do this, and the only reason i took monday off of work was for MY BIRTHDAY. I told her that I was upset because I felt like my birthday isnt important at all because of this wedding and because my addict brothers problems are bigger and therefore more important. We were in the car driving out of the apt complex when i said this, and she responds that I need to just stop being such a baby.

This of course upset me and so I told her I wanted out of the car and I would do my errands on my own in my own car. She let me out and I shut the door. Apparently she felt I slammed it, and so as im walking back toward the apartment and my own car, she throws her car in reverse and actually hits me with her car...ON PURPOSE. I didnt fall, but it messed up my already hurt knee. I opened the door and asked her what the hell she was doing and she had this nasty look on her face and said how dare I slam her door and told me to shut it nicely, so I did and she drove off saying mean things about me to herself in her car. So, I limped back to my car to do my errands...and now I dont even feel like going to my brothers wedding since ive been crying all day. And when i get home and she's ready to leave she tells me that shes ready anytime I am...as if id go with her now...and i told her so and she said she thought id want a designated driver. Yeah..me..when yesterday she was saying she was going to need to get stoned and drunk to deal with my brothers wedding and the stress.

Sorry to unload here...but dont really have any friends and this seemed like a good thread to do it on lol
Wow...

Who the hell purposely hits someone with their car? Who tells their child that they need to grow up because they don't want to enable a drug addict? What kind of person tell their children that they need to use drugs and alcohol to cope with stressful situations? There are a lot of names I want to call your mother right now... *takes a deep breath*

You deserve to be treated better than this. Have you considering getting your own place and putting as much distance between your mother and you as possible?

sugar and spice

That is really messed up. I am so sorry you have to deal with that you deserve so much better. I don't know what your financial situation is but I agree you need to move out of your Mom's place because you would be so much happier without all that stress and drama, I'm sorry you birthday is getting lost in the shuffle and I hope your knee wasn't hurt too badly. Do something just for you on your birthday and the hell with the rest of them.
(((((Rowan)))) -Fran

Just_Jen

Woot!
Runningman! oh that so sucks :( Bet you're going to have a few down days huh! *Huggles*!!! I hope you get something else sorted soon enough! Just stick together and it'll be alright..

Rowan..
that is so awful hunney. Im so sorry that happened on your birthday. Your mum sounds positively evil doing stuff like that to you *hugs* i hope your knee gets better although im sure the mental wound is much much worse..
xxxx

Rowan

wickedly delicious
Thank you ladies...I definitely appreciate the good thoughts. My mom ended up driving up to Georgia right after the wedding to take my brother to get this woman and bring her back. This morning I woke up about 8:30 and she and my niece who stayed over with me last night were still sleeping, so i went back to bed, and she came in around noon and started in saying i needed to clean my room to her standards, etc etc....no happy birthday..nothing. Then she got on the phone with my brother and found out she gave my birthday card to them by accident rather than their wedding card she bought. I think after my brother reminded her she finally came in and said happy birthday to me. I think i can honestly say this is one of the worst birthdays ive had :(

as far as moving out...considering her behavior yesterday...im thinking i need to find a way to make my finances work so that i can move out *sigh* I love my mom...but her behavior lately is just way out of line :(

SamanthaNY

&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&
Purposely hitting someone with a car is a criminal assault. For your mother to make that choice is unconscionable. I cannot understand an atmosphere where not only is that is considered acceptable behavior, but that it occurs without consequences. If my closest family member did that to me, I would have them arrested, no matter how much I loved them.

Please move out, and take care of yourself, Rowan.

P.S. I hate that this happened to you, but almost more than that - I hate that it's classified here as 'bad day' (I know that's not your doing). It's so much more significant than that.

Rowan

wickedly delicious
Purposely hitting someone with a car is a criminal assault. For your mother to make that choice is unconscionable. I cannot understand an atmosphere where not only is that is considered acceptable behavior, but that it occurs without consequences. If my closest family member did that to me, I would have them arrested, no matter how much I loved them.

Please move out, and take care of yourself, Rowan.

P.S. I hate that this happened to you, but almost more than that - I hate that it's classified here as 'bad day' (I know that's not your doing). It's so much more significant than that.
Well i know that her doing that really sucked...and when i asked her what if i called the cops..she said id find myself homeless....i know that her doing that would be considered assault with a deadly weapon but i certainly couldnt do such a thing on my brother's wedding day. Im just hoping once she goes back to work on monday...finally...she will be better adjusted and wont act like that anymore...hopefully

SamanthaNY

&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&#9600;&#9604;&
Well i know that her doing that really sucked...and when i asked her what if i called the cops..she said id find myself homeless....i know that her doing that would be considered assault with a deadly weapon but i certainly couldnt do such a thing on my brother's wedding day. Im just hoping once she goes back to work on monday...finally...she will be better adjusted and wont act like that anymore...hopefully
My first response: then be homeless.

I do understand your feelings, and I feel such concern for you - but think about this another way. It's her son's wedding day, and she *chooses* to HIT HER DAUGHTER WITH A CAR?!??. And then, instead of feeling shock and revulsion and what her anger caused her to do - she threatens to throw her own daughter out on the street if she (doing the right thing) reports it?

Someone HIT YOU WITH A CAR and you think reporting it will ruin a special day. This is abuse. And you're completely sucked in if you're hoping it will get better come Monday.

Shosh

Susannah
I am sorry to hear that you lost your job Runningman, especially in light of just getting a mortgage on your home.

I hope that things will turn around for you, and that you and your girlfriend will be in a new home soon, and that you will have a new job that you are happy with.
Sending you my best wishes for prosperity and good luck.

Susannah

Fyreflyintheskye

&#9775;tae kwan donut champ&#9775;

Welshy, my heart goes out to you and Charlotte, but I know things will get better. All my love and best in the interim and beyond. Keep your chin up.

Latest posts