Quantcast

BBW and weight gain in the movies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Zedd020

Hey
I was wondering if anyone can tell me any films with bbws or ssbbws or weight gain is in the movie because the only ones I know of are Feed, Shallow Hal and Big mommas House

Thanks for any responses Zedd020

Dark_Hart

the same names that you mentioned :

Feed, Shallow Hal and Big mommas House

I don't know if they are others?

Jay West Coast

Witness to the Thickness
What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Tida Chang: Jumbo Queen both feature SSBBW's (although the latter is more size-positive than the former). :wubu:

Jeff In Wichita

It's sad that truly beautiful women are left out of most movies.

the girl in the new version of Hairspray is cute.

It isn't a movie, but I really wish that the sitcom "Babes" was available to buy. That show solidified me as an FA (it came out when I was about 18)

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
Season 4 of the Family Guy has a 'fattening' episode

altered states

señor member
Weight gain? In "The Man with Two Brains" Kathleen Turner puts on a few (fairly prescient). "Bad Boy," a terrible Dennis Leary movie, has cutie Alex Borstein in the worst fat suit in the history of cinema. Goldie Hawn gets fat (for a while) in "Death Becomes Her." All I can think of for now. And, honestly, none are really worth hunting down from a WG fetish perspective - too cartoony and unrealistic.

mergirl

I remember posting before trying to find ANY film that had a fat character where the whole 'point' of them wasnt just the fact they were fat! It was pretty dissapointing!

altered states

señor member
The queen of SSBBW movies has to be Bruno, a weird-ass melodrama written and directed by Shirley MacLaine. Stacey Halprin, the lead character, is a 500#+ woman (for reals, no fat suit or makeup) who apparently was a total amateur when MacLaine discovered her on a day time talk show. The movie isn't sexy at all and is odd, cringeworthy, and somewhat depressing, but there are some accidental thrills to be had watching Ms. Halprin. IMDB says she never made any other movies.

Marianne Sagebrecht is a sexy German BBW actress was in Sugarbaby and Baghdad Cafe (which is in English), among many others. These two though are fairly easy to find in the US and have the added benefit of being really good movies. She shows some skin in both.

Fellini's Amarcord has two short but highly memorable scenes towards the beginning with two sexy BBWs, and is also a great movie. A couple other Fellini movies have very short scenes with BBW characters. He's a paisan.

Crazy French art film Aviva has Dimensions semi-regular Velvet in the lead role. Enough said.

Following are randoms off the top of my head; there are many more that I can't think of right now:

Pre-diet Camryn Manheim has a great character in the so-so movie Road to Wellville. She has a partial nude scene in there, too. She's also in Todd Solondz's Happiness, which I love but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Todd Phillips' Road Trip has a terrific scene where a skinny male character has his cherry popped by drop-dead gorgeous BBW Aliya Campbell, who also shows some skin. If we were all so lucky.

Toni Collette was at her sexy chubbiest in Muriel's Wedding. Soft Fruit, another Aussie movie, has the fat mom from Muriel's Wedding playing a mom again to three plump daughters. Quick but fun masturbation scene and all in all this movie is a rare depiction of the characters as well-rounded (pardon the pun) people.

Nacho Libre has a scene where the Jack Black's feral tag-team partner gets pursued by a cute BBW.

Real Women Have Curves has a pre-diet America Ferrara looking dulce de leche edible.

Selena has sexy-as-hell, pre-pilates JLo (admittedly pushing the limits of the term BBW), but also has bona fide BBW Jackie Guerra in a supporting role, who I believe has also lost weight since.

mergirl

has anyone seen 'taxidermia'? Fat..but not so fat positive maby!
p.s i LOVE happiness, its one of my fav films. Also i thought 'road to wellville was hot'

altered states

señor member
has anyone seen 'taxidermia'? Fat..but not so fat positive maby!
p.s i LOVE happiness, its one of my fav films. Also i thought 'road to wellville was hot'
Yeah, not all the ones I cited are exactly fat positve. Probably this whole thing should be on the weight board to avoid getting into that particular issue - I assumed the OP was coming at it from an FA gawking perspective, rather than an SA perspective. But then that would be just like me.

Bruno, particularly, while it preaches tolerance towards all people, is squarely in the fat-as-depression-metaphor genre, though at the end she finds a certain amount of strength and redemption, and not through weight loss... (Jesus, I'm treating this piece of crap like it's Battleship Potemkin!).

Happiness is one of my faves of all time - pretty much perfectly sums up my worldview, sadly. Manheim's character is a compulsive overeater and desperately lonely, not exactly positive, but then again who in that movie isn't shown in a negative light? All that said, the scene with her jumping on top of Phillip Hoffmore Seyman and the way her butt jiggles with the aftershocks is classic nihilist FA whack material. Just sayin'.

Fellini's on the borderline I guess, depending on how you interpret his films in general. A discussion best left to people who are more educated about this stuff than I am!

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
I could watch Shallow Hal forever :wubu:

Hairspray was.... cute.

I will say, however, that i didn't eat for like, 2 days after I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I'm not sure why, just something about it turned me off a LOT.

Umm, i'm not sure what else. There's that movie Summer Catch. That's got a somewhat FA-ish thang goin on.

alienlanes

no longer slackin'
Tida Chang: Jumbo Queen
According to Google, this post and one other post of yours are the only evidence of this movie's existence. IMDB's got nothin'.

Can you tell us more about it? Is it about the annual contest? Where can I get a copy?

eta: holy resurrected thread batman

zanza

According to Google, this post and one other post of yours are the only evidence of this movie's existence. IMDB's got nothin'.

Can you tell us more about it? Is it about the annual contest? Where can I get a copy?

it is about the contest or at least a film set in the contest,

as to what it about outside of the setting of the film i am not sure, and where to find it i am not sure, i think it was floating around on youtube a while back

hmmmmm.......

what about Disfigured, is it any good or worth watching?

Totmacher

Well I know it exists because I have a DVDrip somewhere. You could probably still p2p it somewhere.
Here's a youtube link.

Can't think of anything worth mentioning that's premiered recently. Anyone got anymore?

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
The queen of SSBBW movies has to be Bruno, a weird-ass melodrama written and directed by Shirley MacLaine. Stacey Halprin, the lead character, is a 500#+ woman (for reals, no fat suit or makeup) who apparently was a total amateur when MacLaine discovered her on a day time talk show. The movie isn't sexy at all and is odd, cringeworthy, and somewhat depressing, but there are some accidental thrills to be had watching Ms. Halprin. IMDB says she never made any other movies.

Marianne Sagebrecht is a sexy German BBW actress was in Sugarbaby and Baghdad Cafe (which is in English), among many others. These two though are fairly easy to find in the US and have the added benefit of being really good movies. She shows some skin in both.

Fellini's Amarcord has two short but highly memorable scenes towards the beginning with two sexy BBWs, and is also a great movie. A couple other Fellini movies have very short scenes with BBW characters. He's a paisan.

Crazy French art film Aviva has Dimensions semi-regular Velvet in the lead role. Enough said.

Following are randoms off the top of my head; there are many more that I can't think of right now:

Pre-diet Camryn Manheim has a great character in the so-so movie Road to Wellville. She has a partial nude scene in there, too. She's also in Todd Solondz's Happiness, which I love but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Todd Phillips' Road Trip has a terrific scene where a skinny male character has his cherry popped by drop-dead gorgeous BBW Aliya Campbell, who also shows some skin. If we were all so lucky.

Toni Collette was at her sexy chubbiest in Muriel's Wedding. Soft Fruit, another Aussie movie, has the fat mom from Muriel's Wedding playing a mom again to three plump daughters. Quick but fun masturbation scene and all in all this movie is a rare depiction of the characters as well-rounded (pardon the pun) people.

Nacho Libre has a scene where the Jack Black's feral tag-team partner gets pursued by a cute BBW.

Real Women Have Curves has a pre-diet America Ferrara looking dulce de leche edible.

Selena has sexy-as-hell, pre-pilates JLo (admittedly pushing the limits of the term BBW), but also has bona fide BBW Jackie Guerra in a supporting role, who I believe has also lost weight since.
Ooooo! Thanks for these - there's a few I haven't watched. I LOVED Road Trip - first time I ever saw a fat girl having sex on the telly :) And she was soooo hot!

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
I could watch Shallow Hal forever :wubu:

Hairspray was.... cute.

I will say, however, that i didn't eat for like, 2 days after I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I'm not sure why, just something about it turned me off a LOT.

Umm, i'm not sure what else. There's that movie Summer Catch. That's got a somewhat FA-ish thang goin on.
You didn't like Hairspray!? I loved it - only thing that, to this day I don't get, is why Travolta played her mom?? Maybe it made some kind of comedic sense when the play or whatever was first written when men playing women was still considered novel but nowadays it's just lame. I have the exact same problem with Tyler Perry's Medea - just get a fat woman to do the part!!! But Zac Efron - Yummmmmm!

If you havent seen it - Jill Scott in Why did I get Married looks amazing! Her character does lose some weight but she in no way becomes a small woman. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie - and her studly love interest :eat2:

CCC

I just saw this last week for the first time! My genteel friends and I were big fans of the sophisticated humor.

Esqueleto: "How did you get up here so fast?"
His pursuer: "...secret tunnels."

mergirl

Ooooo! Thanks for these - there's a few I haven't watched. I LOVED Road Trip - first time I ever saw a fat girl having sex on the telly :) And she was soooo hot!
OMG! The girl from road trip i SOO hot!!! I actually bought the film just for her scenes sadly enough! lmao

Latest posts