Quantcast

BBW and weight gain in the movies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

mergirl

The ricci lake film is 'Baby cakes'.. i loved that film..its been mentioned, apparently its a remake of another film.

sweet&fat

My aim is true.
what about that movie with Ricky Lake and she works in a funeral home and likes that guy but he doesnt take her out but I think they fall in love..hopefully no one mentioned that already..

Also Nell Carter in Give me a break back in the 70's a sit com

Also a strange show I saw on cable ..a bbw teenager and her family living in England I believe about the teenagers coming of age but so bizarre at the end of the movie the mother and the bbw and her sister are driving and the mother and the sister get killed by a guy but he takes the bbw in the woods and has sex with her and leaves her alive..that was weird
The non-Ricki Lake film is Fat Girl, also mentioned above.

Orso

I can't remember the actress' name but "Baghdad Cafe" had a lovely BBW actress in it. I believe she was also the masseuse in "Moon Over Parador".
She's called Marianne Sägebrecht and played also in Sugarbaby, Rosalie goes shopping, the War of the Roses and oithers I don't remember now

mergirl

Oh..what about 'Once upon a time in America'. The fat chick who lets the wee guys shag her if they bring her cakes.! Classic. It was so cute when the wee boy buys her a cake and is waiting on the stairs for her and she takes to long and he cant resist and eats the cake himself! aww.. Later in the film she is pretty big.. i have talked to a couple of Fa's about this and said it was the only reason they bought the film, which i think is unfair because its actually a pretty good film!! lol :) (Though, made better by sexy lady of course!)

knives

Made better by Leone you mean.
Watch Once Upon a Time in the West if you don't believe me.

Jake v.2.0

I skimmed thru' this thread and didn't see a mention of "Made of Honour"
...great scene with the chubby bridesmaid splitting her dress:eat2:

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
Oh..what about 'Once upon a time in America'. The fat chick who lets the wee guys shag her if they bring her cakes.! Classic. It was so cute when the wee boy buys her a cake and is waiting on the stairs for her and she takes to long and he cant resist and eats the cake himself! aww.. Later in the film she is pretty big.. i have talked to a couple of Fa's about this and said it was the only reason they bought the film, which i think is unfair because its actually a pretty good film!! lol :) (Though, made better by sexy lady of course!)
Yes!!!

He is my favorite director and I watched his movies in the order they were made, so having that scene in the last one he made was so great! Terrific movie though. The baby-swapping scene is something else as well.

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
I skimmed thru' this thread and didn't see a mention of "Made of Honour"
...great scene with the chubby bridesmaid splitting her dress:eat2:
Good one Jake! I had forgotten about her and all the kilt pins holding her together.

Burke_Rakers

There's a Jerry Lewis film, "The Bellboy" that was made somewhere in the 1960's. Not an outstanding film but one scene really captivated me as a youth. A chubby young lady settles in at the hotel where Jerry's character is employed and she diet's until slim. Once Jerry discover's the slimmer version of her, he becomes smitten and sends her a box of chocolate which she enjoys and gains back all the weight she lost.
I know that film! As the entry in "Senses of Cinema" says...

When an overweight woman comes to the hotel for crash dieting, Lewis accentuates her slow movement with lumbering tuba music. When she exits a few days later, beautiful and svelte, her presence is accompanied by sprightly woodwinds. But it is true to his surreal cinematic world that just one box of candy transforms her immediately back into her previous obese condition.

What I liked about the scene is that she doesn't seem to mind gaining her weight back (she goes right on eating as she reads, waiting for her uncle) and Stanley the Bellboy could be seen as a feeder, sabotageing her diet on purpose. After all, if she's going to gain more than a hundred pounds from a single

Here's the second part of the movie on YouTube. The woman (Mrs. Hartung) appears very soon (00:06) and is fat again by 02:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0haUxoIqE8&feature=related

MasterMike

The queen of SSBBW movies has to be Bruno, a weird-ass melodrama written and directed by Shirley MacLaine. Stacey Halprin, the lead character, is a 500#+ woman (for reals, no fat suit or makeup) who apparently was a total amateur when MacLaine discovered her on a day time talk show. The movie isn't sexy at all and is odd, cringeworthy, and somewhat depressing, but there are some accidental thrills to be had watching Ms. Halprin. IMDB says she never made any other movies.

Marianne Sagebrecht is a sexy German BBW actress was in Sugarbaby and Baghdad Cafe (which is in English), among many others. These two though are fairly easy to find in the US and have the added benefit of being really good movies. She shows some skin in both.

Fellini's Amarcord has two short but highly memorable scenes towards the beginning with two sexy BBWs, and is also a great movie. A couple other Fellini movies have very short scenes with BBW characters. He's a paisan.

Crazy French art film Aviva has Dimensions semi-regular Velvet in the lead role. Enough said.

Following are randoms off the top of my head; there are many more that I can't think of right now:

Pre-diet Camryn Manheim has a great character in the so-so movie Road to Wellville. She has a partial nude scene in there, too. She's also in Todd Solondz's Happiness, which I love but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Todd Phillips' Road Trip has a terrific scene where a skinny male character has his cherry popped by drop-dead gorgeous BBW Aliya Campbell, who also shows some skin. If we were all so lucky.

Toni Collette was at her sexy chubbiest in Muriel's Wedding. Soft Fruit, another Aussie movie, has the fat mom from Muriel's Wedding playing a mom again to three plump daughters. Quick but fun masturbation scene and all in all this movie is a rare depiction of the characters as well-rounded (pardon the pun) people.

Nacho Libre has a scene where the Jack Black's feral tag-team partner gets pursued by a cute BBW.

Real Women Have Curves has a pre-diet America Ferrara looking dulce de leche edible.

Selena has sexy-as-hell, pre-pilates JLo (admittedly pushing the limits of the term BBW), but also has bona fide BBW Jackie Guerra in a supporting role, who I believe has also lost weight since.
The sex scene in Road Trip was one of the all-time great BBW cinema moments, but actually it wasn't Aliya Campbell who played big Rhonda who deflowers DJ Qualls, that was the gorgeous Mia Amber Davis. Aliya Campbell actually played Wendy in that movie. Mia admits in an interview that she weighed 300 lbs. at the time that she played Rhonda; she's since slimmed down to about 260 and has become a plus-size model. She's stunning at any size. To see more of Mia check out: www.myspace.com/mia_amber

KHayes666

Go away
postyoutubelinkkthnx :)

mergirl

Wahh.. i cant find the scene! :(
You will just have to rent the movie.. its worth it! ;)

Chode McBlob

The "Get Smart" movie has a brief scene with an SSBBW. Its this dance scene where Maxwell raises here above his head with his arms stretched (like anyone could actually lift her like that), then when she comes down he holds her backside and she lays down almost horizontally and you see him straining from the weight. Dance is over and she walks out passing all the skinny girls and she gives them "the finger" and smiles. Anyway here's a link about the actress (Lindsay Hollister) with some photos:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0391234/

EtobicokeFA

Proud FA
DM Supporter
The "Get Smart" movie has a brief scene with an SSBBW. Its this dance scene where Maxwell raises here above his head with his arms stretched (like anyone could actually lift her like that), then when she comes down he holds her backside and she lays down almost horizontally and you see him straining from the weight. Dance is over and she walks out passing all the skinny girls and she gives them "the finger" and smiles. Anyway here's a link about the actress (Lindsay Hollister) with some photos:

This is a great scene. :D

mergirl

hmm.. i see she is up 54% in popularity this week.. wonder if its because of this link?? :D

Chode McBlob

I really am not familiar with Lindsay Hollister but when I checked out the link it shows she has had quite a number of acting roles. I probably saw her in the CSI episode when they had the BBW event in Vegas.

Tmhays87

Reckoner
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but since I didn't notice it after browsing over the topic, I thought I would mention "Queen Sized". It was a Lifetime movie, I think. Straight-to-TV in any case, but should be available on DVD.

It features the lovely Nikki Blonski (of remade "Hairspray" fame) and she looks awesome in this movie. Definitely added some pounds after "Hairspray". Anyway, it's got a fat-positive message, overall, and it was pretty entertaining. Seemed almost like something you could catch on the Disney Channel (because of the high school setting and high-school-aged characters), but hey, not bad ;)

Latest posts