BBW Artwork

Discussion in 'Weighty Fine Arts' started by UMBROBOYUM, Aug 26, 2007.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Oct 7, 2008 #41

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

Thanks Megatron, this guy has abused my work before on another forum so really hes just looking for an excuse to vent on something. Hes known as princeshadow and really has no conception of respect or how to communicate.

I find it funny him giving me advice on how to do things on a forum while he has been banned from this one and another and probably more. I find it interesting that he would feel offended after his "I hate" you crying speech. If he had more common sense he'd notice that my last picture post isn't big and has a link to a bigger version elsewhere. So really all his whining and points are mute since they apply to posts made about two months or more ago. So then that just leaves him with nothing really to add. Like you said his response is irrational.

And yes I work with pixel pictures and i'm learning vector paths in adobe cs3. But as of right now i'm using pixel type art that I'd like to have printed for myself and others. I would have explained it to earthlykaiser but give his past track record and his failed attempts to make a valid point, there really is no point in bothering to waste time on someone like that.

I've been drawing for little over a year now so I don't know much about drawing digital art yet.

2. Oct 7, 2008 #42

earthlykaiser

earthlykaiser

earthlykaiser

That doesn't really explain why your getting so freakin' defensive when I'm telling you HOW TO SCALE THE PICTURES DOWN so that it would look more ACCEPTABLE for the VIEWERS.

QED, your an (insult deleted) who can't see criticism from attacks, regardless of how long you've been drawing it does not give you the right to act higher than other people WHEN THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO HELP you out.

As for just saying that the picture was too big, I DID SAY THAT.
    Anyways, your saying that it isn't so?
    Well, chew on some evidence.

And yes, in that picture, all I did was cut out the scrolling bars and such, but that is the actual size of my browser window.

evidence.JPG

3. Oct 7, 2008 #43

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

Your opinions are useless and biased.

Get off this thread.

You deserve no explanation.

EDIt : ZOMG Oh look at this most recent post ! OH my !!! I guess no wait.. I did correct my method of posting from AUGUST !! Ohh wow! Geez your about 2 months late with the "help" So really thats no excuse on your part. Your just Bsing all of us now.

Face it ,

You just got owned.

4. Oct 8, 2008 #44

earthlykaiser

earthlykaiser

earthlykaiser

*ahem*

Now, how the ****** **** am I being biased?
    I was pointing out that a picture on this thread was vastly oversized, and obstructive to forum viewing.
    If anything, it sounds like your the biased one, constantly protecting your (deleted) creations. I agree that this is a common stance with most people and their creations, but newsflash kid, THIS IS THE INTERNET, when you post stuff up on it, it's open season.

5. Oct 8, 2008 #45

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

Lawl. You pointed out something that was already corrected with a pretty bad attitude. If your going to be critic try observing first and thinking before you post. If you noticed I don't use Mspaint. I use photoshop. Its kinda obvious to anyone who works in digital art and if you try to feign ignorance with that then your all the more a liar. Why would you suggest MSpaint over adobe photoshop with your knowledge of the art? If anything it comes across as insulting, abet a cleverly disguised insult covered in the Bullshit "I was only trying to help" schema. We can see past that really. So you have no argument there.

So yeah you pointed out the picture is big right? Well Your looking at two month old data. If you looked at my last picture post in the picture above you'd seen that I've already applied what you've suggested long before you Posted about it. I demonstrated that I changed my posting picture method which, was the whole point of your first post. If you couldn't see that then you need to open your eyes more before you type.

Now here we are left with a comment " For the love of _____ Man will you please resize your pictures so that they don't get over-shadowed by the physical limitations of the browser window."

If you think that comes across as nice then you really need to work on your social skills. You dont start out by saying "for the love of ___ " when you want to help someone or suggest an idea. Any respecting person would say it different. I don't know what prompted you to even post in the first place. Although it seems quite obivious by your second post. After that you really lost all sensible credibility because anything you say or do is out of "hatred" of me or probably will be viewed as such. I love how you say your just trying to help and end up posting a hatred ramble. Its just too funny.

I'll level with you, you might of have a slightly better stance had you not spilled your attitude into the thread.

If you'd just simply said "Hey nice effort, you need to work more on it but keep going!, can you re-size it for me please?" That doesn't sound too unreasonable..

I'd reply "I'll try, but its not possible to edit a posting after a few months, I'll have to see if Observer will change the data."

You chose to be someone with an attitude. And that is the real problem here. I think you need to re-size your attitude. You can probably do that with MSpaint.

Most people here on these forums at-least have some respect for one another. They earn it by communicating without attitudes unlike you. You want to be treated and acknowledge in this place as a critic or as the guy with bad attitude?

I really hope you get better social skills man. Calling people older than you "kid" makes you immature.

I'm done replying to your repetitive whining.

Newsflash! Get a life..

6. Oct 9, 2008 #46

metatroncubed

metatroncubed

metatroncubed

While I do agree with you about the idea that it is "open season" you have to keep in mind that he is the artist and not you. If you want him to conform to your idea's on how art should be displayed you might want to consider going back a hundred years to the French salons academies where one must conform or else they were not an artist.
    You obviously are very base in your understanding of art and are just in this for a fight. I'm not sure if you have watched this artist, but I have and from where I stand we see a gradual increase in the quality of work (no offense UMBROBOYUM) and as it has been said by many people time and time again the only way you will get better is by perfecting your art. Do you think Johnny Swell just picked up a pencil one day and poof his work was the most sublime thing on the planet? No perfection of ones craft takes time and practice.

So instead of lambasting him with comments that the picture is too big why not give encouraging commentary or hey if you dont like it here's a leaf out of 4Chans book "Don't like it? Don't look."

7. Oct 9, 2008 #47

earthlykaiser

earthlykaiser

earthlykaiser

I find it funny that someone who claims to be an artist fails to realize that MSpaint can work just as well as Adobe can, if it is used in the correct methods.

All these youngsters today instantly go off and obtain Adobe Photoshop, thinking that it'll make them experts right off the bat.
    When in fact, it does the opposite, it's better to start from the basics and work your way up to the big leagues, kiddo.

To make an analogy out of this, it's sorta like this(using terms that I'm used to, and if you know anything about physics, then you too can understand the analogies!).
    MSpaint is like a simple short-sword, it's fairly simple and light-weight, allowing you to dispatch foes faster than most other weaponry.
    Adobe photoshop is a giant seven feet long, a foot wide, and six inches thick. Sure, if you can pull it off, you'd be unstoppable, but most of the time it takes forever to even lift it(AKA start it up), and the unnecessary force needed to be put forth to get anything out of it will tire you out quickly.
    Finally, Macromedia Flash is like a long-bow, so just show those other programs the Fletch.

Anyways, why the **** did this get off the simple topic of PROPER SIZING for a picture, and went straight into the landmine field known as QUALITY.
    Honestly, he has gotten slightly better in the looks department, and I'm not calling him on it this time, you ********, you don't even bother reading the entire posts do you, you just jump right to conclusions.

***, if I wanted this sort of conversation, I'd go rejoin PAWG.
    The same goes for if I wanted to live by 4chan rules.

8. Oct 9, 2008 #48

Blackjack

Blackjack

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa

Nevermind, wrong thread

9. Oct 13, 2008 #49

Risible

Risible

Risible

Monkey Daze

This thread is for Umbroboyum's BBW artwork; please respect that. If you have a positive comment to make on his work, please feel free to post in this thread. If you wish to continue the discussion on technique, please start another thread. There will be no more arguing here.

10. Oct 16, 2008 #50

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

Alright I've been exploring and playing with vector stuff in adobe PS cs3 and newly acquired adobe Illustrator CS2. I haven't learned much with illustrator yet so I decide to experiment after watching a few youtube tutorial videos. Its not a great piece but I had fun with it and I do like the way the line work comes out.

enjoy!

11. Oct 16, 2008 #51

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

Heya :) good to see ya BlackJack ! How ya been?

12. Oct 25, 2008 #52

RVGleason

RVGleason

RVGleason

Um, sorry I keep missing you for IM's. Send me a PM and we'll see if we can set up a chat session soon.

RV :eat1:

13. Oct 25, 2008 #53

zanza

zanza

zanza

any who, since this a thread dedicated to discussing umbroboy's stuff, i guess i will give my own feed back

i have to say your stuff really has improved since you started posting here as well as on DA, but i suppose i still think the 'line art' aspect of your stuff still need work it seems sorta broad and obstructs the details of the 'drawing' aspect of the pics, i guess you still need to work on the 'anatomy' of your figures (but don't we all need to work on that, i suppose it is often best to deal with a 'normal' human form, before trying to render any sort alterations to the proportion of the body) the colors are bright and vibrant. although i guess it would be nice to see alot more subtle look to it (but that is more something that is my own personal taste kicking in)

anywho, i hope you do continue to get better with your stuff with more practice.

i hope i don't cause any problems with saying what i have

14. Nov 13, 2008 #54

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

15. Nov 14, 2008 #55

Risible

Risible

Risible

Monkey Daze

It's been interesting, Umbro, to watch your art skills develop over time. This latest effort is very nice indeed! :)

16. Nov 15, 2008 #56

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM

Thank you! I really like how the colours came out in this piece. Took me about 16 hours total. I ha drawn this one about a month ago and I finally decided within the past week to digital ink it in illustrator finally. I still need slots of work though.

-Jon

17. Nov 19, 2008 #57

Deja

Deja

Deja

Here's some of my artwork ^-^

Self_Portrait_by_jami43907-1.jpg

Jamila_by_jami43907.jpg

18. Nov 19, 2008 #58

B68

B68

B68

Brilliant User Title

That looks great!

19. Nov 19, 2008 #59

Deja

Deja

Deja

Awww ty ty ^-^ Those are my first ever bbw pieces. I figured it was best to start with self portraits.

20. Nov 19, 2008 #60

B68

B68

B68

Brilliant User Title

Yup, i noticed;)