• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BBW Identity

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopytheone

I know there are threads on FA identity in that forum and that, along with a couple of other things, have got me thinking about my identity as a BBW. I should preface this by saying that I am using BBW as a shorthand for being a large female, rather than referring to the label itself specifically.

What I want to ask is, how much do you identify as BBW yourself? Is it an important part of your identity? I never thought it was for me until recently. Not long ago I enquired about something and a couple of days ago the person I spoke to mentioned how nobody who is 'mostly here as a fat person' responded to him and I found myself feeling upset and affronted. I've been trying for the past few days to work out why.

The conclusion I have come to is that I felt upset because I felt as though my identity as a BBW was being undermined or taken away from me. Not that the person in question would ever do that intentionally, they are an awesome person and I have a huge amount of respect for them. But although I post on all parts of this forum pretty much equally and identify as an FFA, I certainly see my identity as a fat woman as far more important and meaningful to me. After all, I have lived my entire life as a fat woman and everybody who sees me knows this, so it impacts my entire life, as opposed to being an FFA, which is only relevant in terms of relationships with other people and isn't something that anyone can see by looking at me.

I guess what mean by all my rambling is just... how important is your identity as a fat woman to you? Would you be affronted if somebody didn't see you as such?

Latest posts

Back