BBW in Academia Show Yourself

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
That is the reason why I am going back for my MBA. I'm taking classes part-time while working full-time. I'm very worried about the direction of our economy and the future of our country, and I'm afraid that without an MBA, I will find myself unable to get a job in 10 years.
EMH1701: good luck with your MBA courses - a great site to check for MBA related stuff from time to time is called
Poets and Quants.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
** BUMPING THE THREAD ***

Time to give yourselves a much deserved pat on the back and a nice holiday break :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gingembre

radar detector
I have a BSc (hons) in Biomedical Sciences, which I expect I have already mentioned earlier in the thread. I am now, however, currently in the first year of a BMidwif (hons) degree...that's to say, I'm a midwife-in-training. :)

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
I was just thinking about this thread the other day, only to see it got bumped.

Started as an official PhD student in September. I didn't realize I needed so little in the way of coursework for either a public policy or public administration major. Going for a PP major, PA and comparative minor. Working full time as a school administrator and taking 2 classes this term.... I'm exhausted [and currently procrastinating when I should be working on a final]. 2 more classes next term, comps over the summer, and - fingers crossed! - PhD candidate status in the fall.

Interestingly, I'm in this capstone course with 15 other students, 2 of whom would be considered super size. The gentleman often wears a t-shirt with this Guinness logo on it which, since he's a BHM, gives me a little chuckle every time I see it.

collared Princess

I just started school . I go to Ashford University, on line. Im majoring in sociology. My goal is to be a grief counselor.I feel so much better about myself. I have completed 3 course's and I have passed with all A's. I really enjoy myself. I encourage everyone to go back to school if they can. Oh what a feeling !!!

bbwfairygirl

I just started school . I go to Ashford University, on line. Im majoring in sociology. My goal is to be a grief counselor.I feel so much better about myself. I have completed 3 course's and I have passed with all A's. I really enjoy myself. I encourage everyone to go back to school if they can. Oh what a feeling !!!
Congrats so far.

Grief counseling, what a great specialization! Something we definitely tend to overlook in our lives. Or ignore. Enjoy your studies!!

bbwfairygirl

Certs in Oracle DBA & MSDBA. Working on ITIL and PMP. BA & BS if I had finished the last couple of core classes for fine art, PR/advert and microcomputer tech.

I've been considering going back to school as I have tuition remission at the university where my hubby worked and it's a good opportunity but not sure what I would like to do. I would pretty much have to start over since my previous coursework isn't all transferable or valid at this point in time.

I do see some interesting subjects that people have mentioned so definitely food for thought.

PrettyOne1

Getting my master of science in occupational therapy (a rehabilitation therapy focused on functioning/participating/independence in daily activities/how people occupy their time/wellness, often work on the same team as speech therapy and physical therapy)..extremely close to being done and ready to work..can't wait!

Reactions: Tad

1love_emily

COLLEGE
I'm currently a sophomore in college as a music education major. There are only one or two other BBW's in the school of music, and I'm really the only instrumentalist. I'm pretty unique, I guess! I love learning and I love teaching, so I'm quite content with how everything is for me!

Pandasaur

I finished my master's in counseling in May and I am still working on my hours to become fully licensed. My 83 year old grandma flew out just to see me walk the stage, it was so awesome =)

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Not sure if I count as a BBW being a lot smaller than most of you girls, but I've got a degree in Zoology. And my big sister, who is a gorgeous BBW, has an undergraduate degree in English, a Master's in English, a PGCE, ADPT and is currently in her second year of a phD. How's that for awesome? I'm the proudest little sister ever! :happy:

CaAggieGirl

If you only knew
Last year I finished my BBA and MS in accounting at Texas A&M WHOOP! (And a WHOOP to Johnny Manziel for winning the Heisman). This year I have completed my CPA exam and I am now looking to start my hours so I can finish my license.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
*** Bumping the thread ****

So how is the journey going for everyone ...

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
**Bumping the Thread ****

So - another semester ends - How has it been for everyone? and Good luck for those continuing the journey - hope that it has been a good one so far...

Latest posts