BBW in Academia Show Yourself

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I'm in week two of my fourth study period for the year. It's been a rough year for me, so adjusting to study hasn't been easy. As much as I enjoy writing, I have come to hate essays. I'm hoping things will get easier and better as I go along.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
I'm in week two of my fourth study period for the year. It's been a rough year for me, so adjusting to study hasn't been easy. As much as I enjoy writing, I have come to hate essays. I'm hoping things will get easier and better as I go along.
I agree - I think the biggest adjustment can be essays. Well in the case for my 2nd Masters - there were no exams; but, each class required a paper that had to be written in a specific "Business Case" format ... It was a transition at first since the instructors were not expecting the typically "academia" style research paper. The biggest pain were classes which required you to cite your sources "MLA" style.

For all the ladies out there in Academe (and the gentlemen, too), here's a little light relief:
I got a good laugh with that one- definitely needed :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
*** Bumping the thread ****

So how is the journey going for everyone ...
Slowly. <sigh>

One of 5 exams done. Once I'm done with those, I'll be ABD. Really looking forward to getting this doctorate finished.

FreekiTiki

Slowly. <sigh>

One of 5 exams done. Once I'm done with those, I'll be ABD. Really looking forward to getting this doctorate finished.
Congrats! Soon you will be all done. It's a heck of an accomplishment just making it through all the hoops, not just getting the actual work done.

Latest posts