BBW millionaire on Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LovelyLiz

Honestly, I want to wipe that purple shit off her face, tell her to "F" her money and just be a likable person. She's an inch away from adorable.

I really appreciate how you are so gracious in your comments about her. "An inch away from adorable" is probably the kindest (true) assessment you could give.

Any time I hear a guy sayin a fat girl isn't attractive, it ouches a little bit.

Yeah, I hear you on that.

The absolute worst moment for me (from the clip) was when he asks her to give him a handjob under the table, and then he sits back all cocky, folding his arms behind his head. I have definitely encountered guys who talk about using a (often fat, but any kind of needy woman will do) woman to just get a lot of things out of her, without putting any effort into trying to meet her needs or think about her at all. The fact that she was going along with it, and even instigating it with all the money talk, made me really sad.

Candy_Coated_Clown

Just watched all the vids on the Jezebel site. So Robin is a ditz - a miserable ditz who doesn't seem to know she is one. But what that matchmaker woman said - fuck her seriously!!! I agree absolutely that looking for love based on what people look like is juvenile and just plain stupid but to have the nerve say that Robin needs to look for a 5 instead of aiming for a 10!!!! What the everliving fuck??? Seriously??? That sad, silly woman has the right to want friggin Matthew whats-his-face and aim to get and marry him too fuck miss match-maker's 5 nonsense. Arrrrgh!!! Just made my blood boil!!!

Yeah, I saw this and was put off. Patti said she didn't "deserve" a man that looked good because she "doesn't even take care of herself."

I hope that episode was scripted. Even then, the image/message was still cringe-inducing.

It was embarrassing to see a woman make such a damn fool of herself and completely IGNORE all signs that this man was not the least bit interested in her and was laughing at her inside throughout the entire "date." And then such stupidity coming from a woman who is supposed to be a successful millionaire who controls her own PR business??

Actually, that show's episode was one big fat joke. If you really look at it, it was.

Finally they have a BBW come on as a millionaire, she behaves like this -- desperate, crazed, willing to give sex or a blow job to any good-looking man she lays eyes upon, shameless, ultra stupid, and aloof.

You know her weight was tied into that image. And then, look at the bike scene. That shit was totally set up to lay out a fat joke, even though she said she enjoyed going for walks with her dogs.

The only thing missing was a laugh track in the background throughout the episode.

Fish

Artist of stuff
She has a celebrity endorsement from Heidi Montag.

Heidi Montag is a celebrity? Why is that, again?

I thought people would be tired of these type of "reality" shows, which are in fact fake and staged.

Sadly, no. It seems that the public's desire to watch obnoxious, fake "reality" is only getting stronger.

Maybe this Patti used to be a legitimate "matchmaker" once upon a time. But nowadays, she's just another annoying talking head on "reality" tv. I've sat through enough episodes of this to see that she clearly values "good tv" over good matchmaking as she regularly puts inappropriate people in the mixers and pushes people into situations designed to explode.

None of these shows are "reality". They have producers that tell the performers what to do, how to do it and have them repeat it when the shot doesn't work out right.

I can't believe that this was the first and only big woman to ever proposition Patti's so-called services. But it was probably the first that was so easy to set up for the fat jokes. And let me be perfectly serious here: Patti and her two over done, clown assistants have NO business criticizing ANYONE on their looks or how they dress or carry themselves.

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
I am speaking with Robin Kassner as I write this. She has a side to her story, and claims to have already presented it.

I am in the process of requesting that she present it here in the forums, as the places she's been interviewed in presenting her side would be the equivalent of a page 60 retraction in the New York Times.

Either she or I will let you know what she has to say.

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
I am speaking with Robin Kassner as I write this. She has a side to her story, and claims to have already presented it.

I am in the process of requesting that she present it here in the forums, as the places she's been interviewed in presenting her side would be the equivalent of a page 60 retraction in the New York Times.

That's great, I hope she takes you up on it. I'd love to hear her side.
Patti Stanger is disgusting. She's a glorified pimp.

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
That's great, I hope she takes you up on it. I'd love to hear her side.
Patti Stanger is disgusting. She's a glorified pimp.

+1

There is NO reason a "real" matchmaker wouldn't be sure to have men available who would actually be interested in the woman she was trying to match them with. That would be like selling Tupperware and supplying the right bottoms with wrong lids.

Fish

Artist of stuff

I'm extremely curious as to what her side of the story is and how it would somehow make her look less needy and emotionally compromised then what was shown.

Nowadays, people are constantly crying that things were somehow edited or taken "out of context" as to create an impression that is opposite of reality. However, editing still has to work with the material available and can't invent something that wasn't there out of thin air.

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
I'd like to hear a defense for abruptly offering some glorified pile of horse shit expensive gifts.

Besides desperation. Desperation is not a defense.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't see any fire here. I couldn't watch this at work so I waited till I got home. I got my Kleenex on one side and a bottle of hard liquor on the other. I was thinking I would be as outraged and dismayed as everybody else but all I saw was a giddy tipsy woman who wants to have sex with a muscled goon who talks with a greasy chicken bone hanging from his mouth. Desperate? Meh, maybe. Horny as fcuk? Definitley. Maybe you don't like her and that's fine but I think she's just a party girl who wants to have sex and she's using her status to get it. Good for her, I hope it worked. His skills probably aren't worth a Maserati though. Send him a Thank You card and tell him he'll go far with in his waitstaff service idea.

bobsjers

i could not find any discussion on the topic of this past week's episode of Millionaire Matchmaker, so here is my take and i am interested to hear yours.

millionaire robin kassner, size 24 and fellow fattie (otherwise referred to as "curvy"), appeared on the show... her on air behavior was nothing less than ridiculous and was an ultimate insult to fat women everywhere...

if you have not seen the episode, i highly recommend that you watch it... below i have taken the liberty to attach a link to a 3 minute clip from her date with the "super hot plumber luke"...

i look forward to your responses!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-millionaire-matchmaker/season-4/videos/robins-date

I wonder if she is really like that. They call it reality TV, but much is scripted. They encourge people to act stupid, and they make sure they edit out anything that makes someone look normal.

TraciJo67

I saw an interview that she did after the show. She claims that she never openly propositioned the guy, nor did she give him a handjob. She said that they selectively edited a portion where she was apparently talking to a girlfriend.

I didn't realize when I saw the clip that *she* was the millionaire and *he* an average schmo. There's no difference in her behavior and, say, Hugh Hefner's. She's rich, clearly ditzy and into the party scene, and made no attempt to hide that she was after nothing more than a good time with an attractive man. That being the case, I don't see where her behavior was so shocking. Her idea of a good time isn't mine, but then, she'd probably be as horrified by my concept of that idea as I am by hers (a quiet afternoon in a bookstore with a good cup of coffee = my nirvana).

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum

I would love.
love.
love.

To hear her side of the story, in its entirety.

superodalisque

@ Tony.

This could be a thread unto itself, but I've looked at some weightlifting forums, and the attitude towards fat and especially fat women is really brutal.
Honestly, without having met many weightlifters, it would scare me a bit if I were approached by one at my current size.

don't be afraid of body builders and fitness guys etc... a lot of them really love fat women and the contrast. its one thing to want to be buff yourself but not everyone wants a buff partner. i have dated quite a few body builders etc... even though its not something i go after or am even really attracted to. most of the guys who ask me out seem to be very fit or into fitness. i never figured out why that was. i don't even bothering questioning it anymore.

superodalisque

notice how everyone who looks bad on a reality show says it was edited to look like that? i think until people see themselves on film they never understand objectively how other people might view them. i don't think she is the first fat woman who has behaved like this and she won't be the last. most of the statements she made were individually unedited. the compilation definitely made her look bad but it was a conglomeration of things she actually said. no one edited in how handsy she was with the guy. and, she was fawning and it did come out of her mouth that she would buy him things. unfortunately she isn't the only fat woman who does this. she isn't the only woman of any size period who does this.

i have to say though that a lot of guys i know who love big women still feel that they are very likely to sweat a guy. yeah its a bad stereotype but it does come from somewhere and this is one of the things that prove it. the desperation, clinginess and the fear of men who are actually attracted to them is a problem for a fat woman. it doesn't make her a bad person just a sad person. i think the rest of us have to get over the idea that every fat person on t.v. needs to represent us. we have to represent ourselves. she is just on her journey. she is a really young woman. she just has no idea how beautiful and desirable she is and that she doesn't have to buy a man, be hypersexual or wear a ton of makeup to attract anyone. remind you of any fat people you know? for me she reminds me of plenty.

one thing i did like about the show is that they actually showed men who were interested in "curvy" women. overall i think we often make much too much of a woman's size and underestimate the effect her personality, the ability she has to enjoy herself and her own body and the effect what she does has on her desirability. i wonder what the guys reaction would have been to her if she wasn't trying to buy his affection and didn't seem quite so desperate. while we accuse everyone else of being surface maybe we are the ones who are surface. for me it brings up an issue that i think its important to consider. if we think we have to be with a guy who looks like a fantasy to validate ourselves and we estimate everyone else on what we feel they should look like do we really have the ground to stand on when we want people to take us and get to know us as we are?

superodalisque

I agree that Patti is responsible for setting up Robin with that jerk. He said he wasn't into bbws during the interview. He also said he was an actor then switched and said he was a plumber then waffled a little bit about it, so he basically is unemployed, and Patti should have rejected him for the mixer. It made sense for Robin to think he would be into her. And yeah, she was a ditz who looked like a clown in that makeup, but Patti could have taken her to a makeup artist, gotten her some new clothes, given her a session with a shrink or a body language expert and fixed her up like she does for her male clients. Instead Patti called her a plumpty dumpty or something like that, told the camera she was too shallow and unattractive to go after a 10 and that since she doesn't take care of herself she should find someone more equal and settle for a five. That's such bullshit. She's had some not quite tens as male clients before, and never told them to settle for a five. Patti hates to have women as clients, but it seems she hates fat women even more. What would she do if she had a millionaire FA who said he wanted to settle down with a bbw? Would she freak out and tell him he could do better? But when she was doing the interviews for the men for the mixer she expressed surprise that so many guys in NYC said they preferred a woman with curves. They all said they didn't care that Robin was a size 24 except for the actor/plumber and she put him in there anyway.

I love her show, but this attitude she has about fat women is making me dislike her and her show a little less. Her dating advice is usually good too. I'm just so disappointed.

As a fellow fattie, I feel bad for Robin, but as a person she's a hot mess and I have no sympathy for that. I hope she gets her personal life together.

well actually Patty said several times that the guy was a gold digger. he did not actually say he wasn't into BBWs at all but that he'd try it. personally i've dated a lot of guys who had never thought of BBWs before but ended up forever pro BBW because of the experience. i actually give the matchmaker fat credit because even though she had her own prejudices she didn't assume she would always be correct to the point that she wouldn't even give her client a choice.

i think the responsibility was the fat woman's. he said many things to her straight out and i think she was intelligent enough to know what they meant and read the messages he sent. she just did not care. she can't blame anyone else for the personal decision she made. after all, he wasn't the only man there. i think its actually to Patty's credit that she sent the guy there anyway even if she didn't feel he was the right choice. after all she was fulfilling the wish of a fat woman and gave her the credit of feeling that she could make the right choice for herself. she didn't. that wasn't on the matchmaker it was on the fat woman herself. you can't blame people if they give you the choices you want and you are the one who blows it.

this is a prime reason why fat women shouldn't be on the excuse making trail for men. fat women need to expect the same behaviors and respect that thin women should. they need to project themselves as a woman worthy. if they don't thats something they need to work on.

ssbbwlover2

The sad thing is that the show made the woman look like she was desperate. No matter whatever her take, it just shows that we as a society still cast aspersions and judge big women in a negative light. I heard about this episode on a sports radio show as well, again mentioning her as a sex starved big woman.

superodalisque

The sad thing is that the show made the woman look like she was desperate. No matter whatever her take, it just shows that we as a society still cast aspersions and judge big women in a negative light. I heard about this episode on a sports radio show as well, again mentioning her as a sex starved big woman.

not disagreeing with what you say at all but playing devil's advocate, but what if she really is desperate though? and what if a lot of big women are giving that impression as well? if they aren't where is the stereotype coming from?

olwen

Disco Bear
At the beginning of the episode she asks him and he waffles then she asks him again if it was okay that she was a size 24 and the look on his face says it all. He was ready to walk out the door and she tells him you're going to the mixer, you're going to be my test for her in the hopes that he would reject her and then shame her into losing weight. That's not Robin's fault, that's Patti's fault. If you find that to be acceptable then okay. She's never put someone in the mixer who has said outright they wouldn't be attracted to the client. That's bullshit. That Robin didn't seem to care that he was an asshole was her fault, yes, but that he was there in the first place was on Patti.

If a guy makes it clear he's not attracted to a fat woman then there's no point in trying to change his mind. Either he really isn't or he is and he is hiding, either way he should just stay away from fat women. There's no inbetween. If you are comfortable dealing with some guy who already is attracted to fat women and you think all they need is a little push, more power to ya.

superodalisque

At the beginning of the episode she asks him and he waffles then she asks him again if it was okay that she was a size 24 and the look on his face says it all. He was ready to walk out the door and she tells him you're going to the mixer, you're going to be my test for her in the hopes that he would reject her and then shame her into losing weight. That's not Robin's fault, that's Patti's fault. If you find that to be acceptable then okay. She's never put someone in the mixer who has said outright they wouldn't be attracted to the client. That's bullshit. That Robin didn't seem to care that he was an asshole was her fault, yes, but that he was there in the first place was on Patti.

If a guy makes it clear he's not attracted to a fat woman then there's no point in trying to change his mind. Either he really isn't or he is and he is hiding, either way he should just stay away from fat women. There's no inbetween. If you are comfortable dealing with some guy who already is attracted to fat women and you think all they need is a little push, more power to ya.

no push, just an opportunity to live. none of us need to hide from real life or real choices. fat women don't need to be sheltered from themselves. they aren't intellectually retarded, just fat. initial sexual attraction is not always the whole story for everyone. sometimes we discover one. we all need a chance to explore rather than accept only the things we already think we know about ourselves and others. at their young age neither of them have a total lock on exactly what the real limits of their potential sexual attraction are at this stage. and certainly other people who are just observing from the peanut gallery can't be sure. at the very least, both of them might learn a lot by being allowed to make mistakes for themselves.

olwen

Disco Bear
no push, just an opportunity to live. none of us need to hide from real life or real choices. fat women don't need to be sheltered from themselves. they aren't intellectually retarded, just fat. initial sexual attraction is not always the whole story for everyone. sometimes we discover one. we all need a chance to explore rather than accept only the things we already think we know about ourselves and others. at their young age neither of them have a total lock on exactly what the real limits of their potential sexual attraction are at this stage. and certainly other people who are just observing from the peanut gallery can't be sure. at the very least, both of them might learn a lot by being allowed to make mistakes for themselves.

I agree, people don't need to hide, but if someone is hiding or running, it's just not worth my time to help them find themselves. There's something to be said for people who already know where they are.

Latest posts